Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Nov 11, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #5,418 of 6,244
Nov 12, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #5,420 of 6,244
Nov 12, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #5,421 of 6,244
Clearly the solution is to get another one
I almost sold my xe6 and had to cancel .. later on took a listen and a good look at it afterwards whispering the words “ I will never disrespect you like that ever again”

Nov 12, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #5,422 of 6,244
Nov 12, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #5,423 of 6,244
Hi, for those who own or owned a ciem, few questions to you. Given the Rn6 is my first ciem ever, and I’m still getting used to the discomfort or occasional pain caused by the ciem. I wouldn’t even know there is something wrong if I encounter one. So how long does it take for you guys to get used to the feels and discomfort of the rigid plastic? And what are the critical signs that show a refitting should be done?
Thanks!

Nov 12, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #5,424 of 6,244
Hi, for those who own or owned a ciem, few questions to you. Given the Rn6 is my first ciem ever, and I’m still getting used to the discomfort or occasional pain caused by the ciem. I wouldn’t even know there is something wrong if I encounter one. So how long does it take for you guys to get used to the feels and discomfort of the rigid plastic? And what are the critical signs that show a refitting should be done?
Thanks!
Take it the CIEM to the store you purchased it from and explain where the pain points are. There should be a refitting policy whereby you can get the CIEM redone / modified for free providing that you purchased it from a local store which then be covered by the regional distributor (I see that you are from HK, feel free to PM me should you want more details / want to discuss).

Nov 12, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #5,425 of 6,244
Take it the CIEM to the store you purchased it from and explain where the pain points are. There should be a refitting policy whereby you can get the CIEM redone / modified for free providing that you purchased it from a local store which then be covered by the regional distributor (I see that you are from HK, feel free to PM me should you want more details / want to discuss).
It’s only the second day so far, should I wait longer to see if the problems go away? I saw people saying that generally it takes around a week or two to really know if something is going wrong. But for now, I really need to ask the distributor how long the free refitting period actually is, they just told me to tell them as soon as possible if things go wrong.

Nov 12, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #5,426 of 6,244
It’s only the second day so far, should I wait longer to see if the problems go away? I saw people saying that generally it takes around a week or two to really know if something is going wrong. But for now, I really need to ask the distributor how long the free refitting period actually is, they just told me to tell them as soon as possible if things go wrong.
Yea, check with the distributor, though imo you should give it a week to fully understand exactly where the areas of discomfort is, then talk with distributor/ retailer, because there is a chance they might have you get new impressions which takes time, and ideally you would want to have the refitting done ASAP, since American holidays are creeping up (Thanksgiving then Christmas) which would affect turnaround times.

Nov 12, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #5,428 of 6,244
Yea, check with the distributor, though imo you should give it a week to fully understand exactly where the areas of discomfort is, then talk with distributor/ retailer, because there is a chance they might have you get new impressions which takes time, and ideally you would want to have the refitting done ASAP, since American holidays are creeping up (Thanksgiving then Christmas) which would affect turnaround times.
Oh, thanks for the heads up! I’ll contact them as soon as I find something wrong, don’t want to wait for extra 13 weeks or even more.😅

Nov 12, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #5,429 of 6,244
Of course you should wait a little bit. CIEMs have a lot more contact area than eartips and can be irritating at first. In the end the CIEM should practically disappear in the ear without feeling pressure in any spot, just the feeling of being plugged. Cables can make a difference here, I struggled with my Supermoon's fit but changed the cable to a more pliable one and I was golden.

Nov 12, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #5,430 of 6,244
Thanks!

Okay there should be no pain. Firstly, and this absolutely is not meant to patronise, ensure you are wearing them correctly (youtube for rotate or twist CIEM into place method)

I completely agree with the advice to ask for a refit, the Fir team has a long history in customs, my comments on custom fitting:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ge-all-welcome.957426/page-4599#post-17797821

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ge-all-welcome.957426/page-4620#post-17801533

You will have to be precise in your feedback to Fir, see this diagram: https://www.cosmicears.com/impressions/. Or take good photos of the IEM and circle where you feel pressure / looseness. Specify if the 'pain' is constant or is only present with some or all jaw / head positions. This all assumes your ear impressions were good to begin with of course (see link). Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back