Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Jun 4, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #4,592 of 6,538
I’ve never understood the “I don’t EQ” crowd. I consider every headphone or IEM to represent a potential for great sound; how it sounds without EQ is almost irrelevant, compared with how it responds to EQ. The KR5 responds very well, indeed. Without EQ (parametric EQ, specifically)? Meh. I agree that it is end game with EQ.
Kr5 responds to EQs very well, yes! Because myself also tries to avoid eqing, I just wish fir would have reduced mid bass more with KR5 😮‍💨

Jun 4, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #4,593 of 6,538
Well if we are talking about unbalanced or typical products : right. It's a need.

If we are talking about natural balanced products : nope. It's no need.

And less is best. Always. Straight wire with gain.

If it's possible thus.

Easy. 😇👍

About Xe6 : typical, strongly colored. Kr5 : V shape, etc.

For my taste Xe6 is best with EQ :)

Xe6 + iFi Gryphon with Xbass+Presence engaged - sounds so big, detailed and engaging that I am not even curious to try "other IEMs" anymore.

Jun 4, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #4,594 of 6,538
What fr adjustments do you make using eq with your xe6?

Jun 5, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #4,595 of 6,538
Hi there, is there someone who ordered a brand new XE6 recently ?
If so, has the package been upgraded since the first one ? I was thinking about eventually some benefits from the RN6 package (better tool for atom modules, better access in the box to the atom storage bar / tools, …). If not it would have been great 😊

And this one is for FiR’s headquarters : is it planned to replace the standard atom set with anodized ones in future boxes ? And may I suggest that for the boxes already on the market eventually give a set to the dealers per box so they can give it to their customers with every sell they make / have made, and for direct purchases on FiR’s website insert automatically a set in the box (probably simpler and more efficient than having everyone to ask for a replacement set afterwards by themselves to FiR’s support team).

Jun 6, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #4,596 of 6,538
I can see why everyone likes this cable so much. Aside from its horrible ergonomics that makes Grado complaints seem like childs play, this is a beast of a cable at a really good price point! I need more time with it.... and a better carrying case that does not have velcro :)

PXL_20230606_200234755~2.jpg

Happy listening all!

Jun 6, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #4,597 of 6,538
I can see why everyone likes this cable so much. Aside from its horrible ergonomics that makes Grado complaints seem like childs play, this is a beast of a cable at a really good price point! I need more time with it.... and a better carrying case that does not have velcro :)

PXL_20230606_200234755~2.jpg

Happy listening all!

*Peels off all the hardware shipping protection* 😝

Jun 7, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #4,598 of 6,538
Hey guys could someone please point me to the right direction? I’ve been trying to request a new set of ATOM x modules for the rn6 but haven’t received any response for couple weeks despite me sending repeat emails, now I am a bit disappointed in the quality of these modules and their service and since the iems weren’t cheap. 😢

Jun 7, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #4,599 of 6,538
Hey guys could someone please point me to the right direction? I’ve been trying to request a new set of ATOM x modules for the rn6 but haven’t received any response for couple weeks despite me sending repeat emails, now I am a bit disappointed in the quality of these modules and their service and since the iems weren’t cheap. 😢

Did you try reaching out to your dealer (assuming you didn’t purchase directly from FiR), I had emailed FiR and cc’ed my local distributor, and it was the HK distributor that replied to inform me that they are in communication with FiR for a solution. So I have no direct answer from FiR as well.

Thus so far it would seem that only well known head-fi users who contacted FiR early has received replacements. The rest of us plebs are left waiting.

Jun 7, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #4,600 of 6,538
Same here. A week for me. Lets cheer up. They will hopefully respond to us 🥹

Jun 9, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #4,601 of 6,538
Guys, I' ve just bought used Neon 4 with a lot of micro scratches. What do you think if it is a good idea to polish it with cape cod polishing cloth or something like that like I used to polish my Sony ier z1r according to advice of some headfiers.

Jun 9, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #4,602 of 6,538
Ask a jewel Crafter. They polish also Budda2Budda jewels. I think they can help you out.
Also contact FIR Audio for some tips to polish the surface.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #4,604 of 6,538
I'd imagine the metal parts of the ne4 would polish up the same as the z1r. Though I'd be nervous about the Atom vent and bass ports
THIS!

Jun 13, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #4,605 of 6,538
My V x Vs and new Eletech cable.

IMG_0608.jpeg

Nice to see your 1 of 1 VxV popping up still! It's a beauty! Nice cable pairing from @Eric Chong too!

For my taste Xe6 is best with EQ :)

Xe6 + iFi Gryphon with Xbass+Presence engaged - sounds so big, detailed and engaging that I am not even curious to try "other IEMs" anymore.

XE6 with xBass?!?! I thought I was a basshead! Not too much low-end for you?

*Peels off all the hardware shipping protection* 😝

It's the only natural thing to do.

Did you try reaching out to your dealer (assuming you didn’t purchase directly from FiR), I had emailed FiR and cc’ed my local distributor, and it was the HK distributor that replied to inform me that they are in communication with FiR for a solution. So I have no direct answer from FiR as well.

Thus so far it would seem that only well known head-fi users who contacted FiR early has received replacements. The rest of us plebs are left waiting.
Same here. A week for me. Lets cheer up. They will hopefully respond to us 🥹

That's strange. FiR is not usually like this.

Guys, I' ve just bought used Neon 4 with a lot of micro scratches. What do you think if it is a good idea to polish it with cape cod polishing cloth or something like that like I used to polish my Sony ier z1r according to advice of some headfiers.

You should be fine polishing it. Just avoid the bass modules and vents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back