Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Jun 13, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #4,606 of 6,367
My local distributor had came back to me and told me they can send me replacement red atom modules, which then I informed them that it was all the atom modules (except silver), which have paint adhesion issues.
I proceeded to send photo evidence and their resolution was to replace all the affected modules (red, black & gold).

To reiterate, I would think that it would be best if you purchased from an authorised local dealer/ distributor, that you bring this issue up with them. As FiR seems to not be responsive to those whom didn’t purchase from them directly. Not that I am blaming FiR Audio, it just maybe that distributor contracts could require the local distributors to serve all purchases and after sales inquiries.

Jun 14, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #4,607 of 6,367
It's impossible not to appreciate the attention to detail that Fir Audio gives toward
P1057641ss.jpg
their IEMs...GOSH!

Jun 14, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #4,608 of 6,367
It's impossible not to appreciate the attention to detail that Fir Audio gives towardP1057641ss.jpg their IEMs...GOSH!
Like them so much, im not picking up the 1266 that often anymore 🤩

Jun 15, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #4,609 of 6,367
Does this mean that I might be listening to a faulty one?? 🫠
Silver and gold XS modules have the effect of raise the bass and soften the highs.
You can try with the black or red modules, they decrease the bass and the Kr5 becomes more neutral and detailed

Jun 15, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #4,610 of 6,367
Silver and gold XS modules have the effect of raise the bass and soften the highs.
You can try with the black or red modules, they decrease the bass and the Kr5 becomes more neutral and detailed
Just adding, you can also back the tip off to the first spacer to reduce kinetic vibrancy. That cleans up the mid bass a bit and brings the mids and highs out a bit more.

The 2k drop is what you are probably hearing when you say “muffled”. It’s by design and works for tons of stuff but not everything. Female and some vocal centric music can come off dull. Electronic and metal can rule with good synergy in the chain.
1686847658134.jpeg

Give yourself 30-45 mins to adjust to the tuning (just like Xe6) and try all the posted hints.

I will say I couldn’t use Kr5 as my only IEM though. It’s unique, and serves specific purposes. And for that specialty, at least so far, nothing competes.

Jun 15, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #4,611 of 6,367
Yes I felt that. For my taste, silver and gold have too much bass quantity. Black module sounds like a module to stick to for me.

Moreover, my brain has adapted to frontier series as time went by. Now I am understanding what is really going on. 🍈

Jun 15, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #4,612 of 6,367
Just adding, you can also back the tip off to the first spacer to reduce kinetic vibrancy. That cleans up the mid bass a bit and brings the mids and highs out a bit more.

The 2k drop is what you are probably hearing when you say “muffled”. It’s by design and works for tons of stuff but not everything. Female and some vocal centric music can come off dull. Electronic and metal can rule with good synergy in the chain.
1686847658134.jpeg
Give yourself 30-45 mins to adjust to the tuning (just like Xe6) and try all the posted hints.

I will say I couldn’t use Kr5 as my only IEM though. It’s unique, and serves specific purposes. And for that specialty, at least so far, nothing competes.

I got spintfit w1 looking at positive experiences with frontier and it is definitely helping me. I lost isolation that azla max standard provided, but sound with spinfit is more pleasant!

Yes, I think I will have to live with KR5 sometimes sounding dull... Guess this also is an identity of KR5 I would appreciate.

But in the end, I like it more than when I got them the first time 😃!

Classicals sound unreal with these for sure

Attachments

• 20230616_122755.jpg
    20230616_122755.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jun 20, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #4,613 of 6,367
It's impossible not to appreciate the attention to detail that Fir Audio gives towardP1057641ss.jpg their IEMs...GOSH!
Amazing.

Jun 22, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #4,614 of 6,367
Any experience with

Pentaconn Coreir Brass Eartips + Xe6?​

I am using Spinfit W1 tips, any idea how they would compare?

Jun 23, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #4,615 of 6,367
Any experience with

The coreir's nozzle is a bit too long, make more distance (empty space) between bass driver and my ears. Result: losing the satisfying bass performance. My favourite still from DDHifi eartips.

Jun 23, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #4,616 of 6,367
Any experience with

The coreir's nozzle is a bit too long, make more distance (empty space) between bass driver and my ears. Result: losing the satisfying bass performance. My favourite still from DDHifi eartips.

I agree, they extend the length of the IEM eartip and increase the distance between the Kinetic Bass and your ear. Also it doesn't fit over the actual IEM eartip, but butts up against it unless you're using something like a TWS. The fitting is wonky and not secure. Personally the price is silly for very ill designed eartipss.

1682172971460.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #4,617 of 6,367
I agree, they extend the length of the IEM eartip and increase the distance between the Kinetic Bass and your ear. Also don't fit over the actual IEM eartip unless you're using something like a TWS. The fitting isn't wonky and not secure. Personally the price is silly for very ill designed eartipss.

1682172971460.jpeg

It seems they could be great with Maestro SE - their nozles are weirdly short.

Jun 23, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #4,618 of 6,367
Did you compared DD tips vs W1?

Jun 24, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #4,619 of 6,367
To my ears Pentaconn Coreir is perfect for rn6. Yes the fit on nozle is a bit short but it securely fit.

Rn6 (red modules) with Coreir sound perfect to my taste and my music library, the bass is less bloomy, faster with details and texture, and the high sound more airy and extended without fatigue.

Jun 24, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #4,620 of 6,367
To my ears Pentaconn Coreir is perfect for rn6. Yes the fit on nozle is a bit short but it securely fit.

Rn6 (red modules) with Coreir sound perfect to my taste and my music library, the bass is less bloomy, faster with details and texture, and the high sound more airy and extended without fatigue.
Me too, the Pentaconn Coreir, Azla Max and Crystal are perfect to me ! But the Coreir is the best one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back