Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Jun 26, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #4,636 of 6,244
Jun 26, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #4,637 of 6,244
Hi KelFab,

could you tell me where did you buy your RN6 from?

MusicTeck doesn't have them, and I'd rather buy them from a dealer in the EU to avoid import problems.

Thank you!

Hi @mico1964, I bought it from Casques Headphones in France : https://www.casques-headphones.com/portefeuille/Radon-6-p535541047

He has only 1 more left at the moment, so if you are really interested I suggest you to take it quickly 😅

There’s also some stock at Noir&Blanc : https://www.noir-et-blanc.com/fir-audio-radon-6.html

Otherwise you can pre order one at Elise audio UK, but beware of VAT ordering from Italy : https://eliseaudio.com/products/fir-audio-radon-6

BTW I don’t know where we are now from the limited edition 300 units counter, maybe not that far from the end … who knows ?

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #4,638 of 6,244
Hi KelFab,

could you tell me where did you buy your RN6 from?

MusicTeck doesn't have them, and I'd rather buy them from a dealer in the EU to avoid import problems.

Thank you!
PM you with a link where you can buy one.

Jun 26, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #4,639 of 6,244
Hi, I just received my Radon 6 from Bloom. They sent me one that's brand new in box and I noticed that there was sticky residue from electrical tape inside the foam used to hold the IEMs, the other thing is that I did not receive a tool to remove the Atom X modules. What size screwdriver do I purchase to change the modules?

Jun 26, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #4,640 of 6,244
Hi, I just received my Radon 6 from Bloom. They sent me one that's brand new in box and I noticed that there was sticky residue from electrical tape inside the foam used to hold the IEMs, the other thing is that I did not receive a tool to remove the Atom X modules. What size screwdriver do I purchase to change the modules?
Hey, it happened to me as well for Xe6. I'm not sure if FIR know about this but their glue is melting during transportation.

Jun 26, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #4,641 of 6,244
Did you try reaching out to your dealer (assuming you didn’t purchase directly from FiR), I had emailed FiR and cc’ed my local distributor, and it was the HK distributor that replied to inform me that they are in communication with FiR for a solution. So I have no direct answer from FiR as well.

Thus so far it would seem that only well known head-fi users who contacted FiR early has received replacements. The rest of us plebs are left waiting.
An update to this, I have received replacements anodised atom modules, though I had to ship the old painted ones to my local distributor.
So if purchased from an authorised dealer, they would be the ones responsible for getting replacement atom modules from.

Jun 26, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #4,643 of 6,244
Wish FiR were responsive via email. 64 Audio take a day at most. FiR is either a day or never it seems.

Yeah, they were a bit slow with replies in the last few weeks. Turned out, FirAudio expanded into Nashville and just had a Grand Opening of a new facility.

Jun 26, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #4,644 of 6,244
Yeah, they were a bit slow with replies in the last few weeks. Turned out, FirAudio expanded into Nashville and just had a Grand Opening of a new facility.
And they sent all their admin staff there and the internet isn't connected yet?

Jun 26, 2023 at 10:57 PM Post #4,645 of 6,244

The Atom X module 0.9mm hex tool should be stored in the leather IEM case. If its not there reach out to Andrew / Bloom Support and they should rectify any issues you have with your RN6.

20230626_220141.jpg
IMG_1063.JPG

Jun 27, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #4,646 of 6,244
And they sent all their admin staff there and the internet isn't connected yet?

That's exactly what happened! :D

I have no idea man, I'm just in touch with Bogdan and Vlad (since 64audio days) and noticed them MIA in the last few weeks, until saw their social media updates about the Nashville. Not making excuses for them, just saying it could be related :)

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #4,647 of 6,244
That's exactly what happened! :D

I have no idea man, I'm just in touch with Bogdan and Vlad (since 64audio days) and noticed them MIA in the last few weeks, until saw their social media updates about the Nashville. Not making excuses for them, just saying it could be related :)
Yeah probably is. Bogdan PM'd me back here hour ago, so atleast they are around. I'm sure i'll get a email back soon enough.

Jun 27, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #4,648 of 6,244
Hi @mico1964, I bought it from Casques Headphones in France : https://www.casques-headphones.com/portefeuille/Radon-6-p535541047

He has only 1 more left at the moment, so if you are really interested I suggest you to take it quickly 😅

There’s also some stock at Noir&Blanc : https://www.noir-et-blanc.com/fir-audio-radon-6.html

Otherwise you can pre order one at Elise audio UK, but beware of VAT ordering from Italy : https://eliseaudio.com/products/fir-audio-radon-6

BTW I don’t know where we are now from the limited edition 300 units counter, maybe not that far from the end … who knows ?
Thank you for the info.

Order just placed!

Jun 27, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #4,649 of 6,244
Took a risk and ordered Pentaconn COREIR Eartips for Xe6.

They are great - better than my previous favourite Spinfit W1!
Better/cleaner bass, more dynamic, very enjoyable sound.
Subs are crazy when cleaner - i.e. Massive Attack's "Angel" is even more engaging now.

The fit on the nozzles is not so good (will probably try to add "something" to sit more tight).
In ear ergonomics almost the same as W1, very comfy.
In my case Spinfit W1 M (12,5mm) transposes to COREIR M (13mm).
Kinetic Bass works with my ears.

As for now the best sounding tips to my ears,
and I tried almost all mentioned here.

They are very expensive, but from the other hand, I have an impression that this $40
improved my sound quality in a simillar way like I'd use a twice more expensive cable than $1000 LL Venom :)

Jun 27, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #4,650 of 6,244
Thank you for the info.

Order just placed!

Glad you got the last one. Hopefully, another happy RN6 user in the wild.

It's been a month with mine, and my ears are fully adjusted to the new molds.

Team FiR did a great round #1 fit, and I don't think it needs to go back unless I want to be nitpicky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back