Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Jun 28, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #4,651 of 6,335
Hi Everyone, i am looking for a cable for my XE6.

i am a huge fan of Death , groove , black metal / pop , and voice.

PW Audio 1960 - 2 wires / 4 wires , i have try but not give a huge surprise for me

Effect audio - HORUS
Same, it seems like reduce the bass and the analyze of xe6

Does below cable is suitable for me ?

Effect audio - HORUS X.
it seems enhance voice and the analyze , not sure about the bass

Effect audio - Leonidas ii
the cable i was match with legend X , is very good, good bass ,good analyze ,but sound stage is a litte bit small for me

does is match with XE6 is expand the sound stage?

thank you

Jun 28, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #4,653 of 6,335
Jun 28, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #4,654 of 6,335

PW Audio 1960 - 2 wires / 4 wires , i have try but not give a huge surprise for me

Effect audio - HORUS

Effect audio - HORUS X.

the cable i was match with legend X , is very good, good bass ,good analyze ,but sound stage is a litte bit small for me

thank you

Try Liquid Links Venom.

I was looking for the same as you and this cable is a keeper, very happy with the purchase.
Cleaner, more dynamic and more bass than stock cable.

Jun 28, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #4,655 of 6,335

Effect audio - HORUS

Effect audio - HORUS X.

thank you

Under $400
Effect Audio Cadmus 8-wire

Under $500-600
Effect Audio CODE23 – personal favorite and recommendation, it just performs well above its price

$1K and more
Cleo II, Cleo II OCTA

Personal favorite
My favorite pairing with XE6 is Effect Audio CODE23 and have impressions sprinkled in this thread. I share @SteveK27 impressions of Code 23.

Another favorite pairing is Cleo II OCTA, both CODE23 + OCTA have large soundstage with OCTA a bit more. I also pair XE6 with ET OTL – though I'm hesitant to recommend cables over $2K these days.

Head-Fi CODE23 reviews:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/effect-audio-code-23.26351/reviews

IMG_0162.jpeg

IMG_1415.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #4,656 of 6,335
Whats current wait time on CIEMs?
It was 5 weeks between when I dropped my moulds to minidisc and went back to pick them up. Included Easter long weekend.

Jun 28, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #4,657 of 6,335
Under $400
Effect Audio Cadmus 8-wire

Under $500-600
Effect Audio CODE23 – personal favorite and recommendation, it just performs well above its price

$1K and more
Cleo II, Cleo II OCTA

Personal favorite
My favorite pairing with XE6 is Effect Audio CODE23 and have impressions sprinkled in this thread. I share @SteveK27 impressions of Code 23.

Another favorite pairing is Cleo II OCTA, both CODE23 + OCTA have large soundstage with OCTA a bit more. I also pair XE6 with ET OTL – though I'm hesitant to recommend cables over $2K these days.

Head-Fi CODE23 reviews:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/effect-audio-code-23.26351/reviews

IMG_0162.jpeg
IMG_1415.JPG
+1 on Code 23. Permanent pairing for me. You have to deal with the ergo though. Venom is a good compromise with slightly better ergo.

Jun 29, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #4,659 of 6,335
Glad you got the last one. Hopefully, another happy RN6 user in the wild.

It's been a month with mine, and my ears are fully adjusted to the new molds.

Team FiR did a great round #1 fit, and I don't think it needs to go back unless I want to be nitpicky.
Does that mean you own a set of custom RN6... now that would be appealing :heart_eyes:

Jun 29, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #4,660 of 6,335
Does that mean you own a set of custom RN6... now that would be appealing :heart_eyes:
Having a custom Rn6 is an exclusive club at this point.

Easily by far best blind buy I've made.

Jun 30, 2023 at 1:27 AM Post #4,661 of 6,335
+1 on Code 23. Permanent pairing for me. You have to deal with the ergo though. Venom is a good compromise with slightly better ergo.

Wow, Code23 is even bigger nightmare when comes to ergo than Venom?

Venom pairs so good with Xe6 that I appreciate with dignity this daily struggle :)

It sounds twice as expensive - for me above Cleo II Octa.
Loved CII8 ergo, but didn't want to sacrifice Venom's fuller, cleaner sound.
Chiron could be better but don't want to spend such money on a cable.

I'd love to have Venom at least in a cotton sleeve but I am affraid of disassembling...

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #4,662 of 6,335
Having a custom Rn6 is an exclusive club at this point.

Easily by far best blind buy I've made.
I'd love to join that club :p
(Vlad, Bogdan, if you hear me... :pray:)

Been meaning to get (and review) a FiR IEM for a while now... me being me that means a CIEM I am not doing UIEM flagships I have become partial that way...

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #4,664 of 6,335
Hi @mico1964, I bought it from Casques Headphones in France : https://www.casques-headphones.com/portefeuille/Radon-6-p535541047

He has only 1 more left at the moment, so if you are really interested I suggest you to take it quickly 😅

There’s also some stock at Noir&Blanc : https://www.noir-et-blanc.com/fir-audio-radon-6.html

Otherwise you can pre order one at Elise audio UK, but beware of VAT ordering from Italy : https://eliseaudio.com/products/fir-audio-radon-6

BTW I don’t know where we are now from the limited edition 300 units counter, maybe not that far from the end … who knows ?
Casques Headphones definitely deserves a positive rating: quick replies to emails, quick shipping, sealed and well packed goods, and the lowest price among authorized dealers in the EU.

Jun 30, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #4,665 of 6,335
Casques Headphones definitely deserves a positive rating: quick replies to emails, quick shipping, sealed and well packed goods, and the lowest price among authorized dealers in the EU.
Totally agree 👍, best service with good deal in EU ! Highly recommend !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back