Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Oct 21, 2022 at 1:46 AM Post #3,226 of 6,233
Hello, thanks for the review, I am getting torn between the Traillii and XE6, if you had money to buy only one what would you choose ?, I am into mostly pop, edm and dance music. I know this is a Fir Audio thread, but I would appreciate a honest recommendation. I need something which would get my feet tapping, I currently own a Mext and enjoy its musical tuning, so looking for an upgrade.
Never tried traili. But from others i currently own/owned: fourte, mest indigo, u18s, mext. The xe6 has a very special in its place. It is very fun to listen to with its unique bass and overall presentation. It has an analogue smooth and grander presentation which reminds me of a high end stereo system or floorstanding speakers. From mext, xe6 is a huge upgrade everywhere across the frequency. I own the mext and it is a good set. Its musical warm ish compared to the more detailed almost analytical mest indigo brother.

For pop, edm, and dance music, i dont think any of my other collection/owned can beat the xe6. Its just silly fun and incomparable, if thats the sound you are looking for.

A huge factor for me is also the fitting and the build quality. The xe6 shell and nozzle design fits my regular to small ears perfectly. I can wear it for hours and there are no discomfort or any kind. And the semi open bass port also eliminates ear pressure completely. The build quality is super tight and of very high craftmanship.

Also.. Some of the iems i demoed sounded great but couldnt get a good fit made it an instant dealbreaker, because of the pain in the ear canals after a short while. The iems for example are: EVO(crazy bass), monarch ii(quite a beautiful overall performer), szalayi(beautiful sound tuning and unique tribrid consist of DD, planar, and BA). But all these causes pain and couldnt fit well no matter what kind of eartips i try. So yeah, the fit comes first.

Oct 21, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #3,227 of 6,233
Thanks everyone who helped me with their inputs, I finally pulled the trigger on XE6, since I am more after that fun factor than anything else. Will update this thread with my review once I get them.

Oct 21, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #3,229 of 6,233
Never tried traili. But from others i currently own/owned: fourte, mest indigo, u18s, mext. The xe6 has a very special in its place. It is very fun to listen to with its unique bass and overall presentation. It has an analogue smooth and grander presentation which reminds me of a high end stereo system or floorstanding speakers. From mext, xe6 is a huge upgrade everywhere across the frequency. I own the mext and it is a good set. Its musical warm ish compared to the more detailed almost analytical mest indigo brother.

For pop, edm, and dance music, i dont think any of my other collection/owned can beat the xe6. Its just silly fun and incomparable, if thats the sound you are looking for.

A huge factor for me is also the fitting and the build quality. The xe6 shell and nozzle design fits my regular to small ears perfectly. I can wear it for hours and there are no discomfort or any kind. And the semi open bass port also eliminates ear pressure completely. The build quality is super tight and of very high craftmanship.

Also.. Some of the iems i demoed sounded great but couldnt get a good fit made it an instant dealbreaker, because of the pain in the ear canals after a short while. The iems for example are: EVO(crazy bass), monarch ii(quite a beautiful overall performer), szalayi(beautiful sound tuning and unique tribrid consist of DD, planar, and BA). But all these causes pain and couldnt fit well no matter what kind of eartips i try. So yeah, the fit comes first.
Xe6 in Rock?

Oct 21, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #3,230 of 6,233
Xe6 in Rock?
Any band/musicians in particular?

Usually my random playlist consists of female vocals/jazz/deephouse/downtempo, have some pop/rock too such as the cranberries, the cardigans, smashing pumpkins, u2.

I have abolutely 0 metal music on my collection. Heck i just realize i dont even have metallica/guns and roses/bon jovi or the sorts on my music library and i used to be a fans in my younger years.

For those pop/rock i mentioned, xe6 works really well.. Its a foot tapping head bobbing inducing experience. My favorite game from gran turismo album of the cardigans comes in mind as i type, last night it was on and i remember i enjoyed it so much.

Oct 21, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #3,231 of 6,233
Having a sesh right now with XE6 and SP3000, it’s probably not as good to my ears as with N8ii but that’s not saying much.. it’s still incredible.

Ridiculous amounts of detail all with a world class bass response and dynamics. I’ve had these for ~10 months now and they’re just always a blast to listen to.

Oct 22, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #3,232 of 6,233
Coffee + 610 grams + Kr5 = :revolving_hearts:

20221005_094715-01_.jpg

Oct 22, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #3,235 of 6,233
Any band/musicians in particular?

Usually my random playlist consists of female vocals/jazz/deephouse/downtempo, have some pop/rock too such as the cranberries, the cardigans, smashing pumpkins, u2.

I have abolutely 0 metal music on my collection. Heck i just realize i dont even have metallica/guns and roses/bon jovi or the sorts on my music library and i used to be a fans in my younger years.

For those pop/rock i mentioned, xe6 works really well.. Its a foot tapping head bobbing inducing experience. My favorite game from gran turismo album of the cardigans comes in mind as i type, last night it was on and i remember i enjoyed it so much.
For example, Linkin Park......

Oct 24, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #3,237 of 6,233
Oct 25, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #3,239 of 6,233
The Kr5 continue to surprise me, easily the most enjoyable IEM’s I’ve ever had. They’re just an absolute joy to listen to, so musical that I forget the world and melt into the experience. The Meze Advar are still my daily drivers, I’ve tried using these at work but I don’t get a whole lot done, so these are reserved for evenings and weekends when I can relax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back