Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Sep 30, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #3,152 of 6,225
Do you use a copper cable with the Em10? 1960's is pure copper, doesn't it make the sound even warmer??
No, RedCore is a silver copper cable (a combination of OCC copper and OCC silver conductions). The accessment between them was based purely on sound performance

Sep 30, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #3,153 of 6,225
What cable could be the best upgrade for Xe6?

Intuition tells me to consider:
- EA Cleopatra II
- Erua Tawa
- other in budget of the above?

Stock Scorpion is very good - I was surprised it's even better than Forza Noir Hybrid which is my favourite cable for Dorado.
I don't want to change the sound signature, just try to get more out of Xe6.
Music from alternative to extreme metal, I use Gryphon with IEMs.

Hi, any hints appreciated!

Did anybody tried Cleopatra II with Xe6 already?
I refresh Twister6 page each day awaiting the review :)

PW 1960 and FT cables suggested before are copper - is this really a direction to follow with my music tastes?
I own and tried Forza Hybrid (copper+silver) with Xe6 and when paired with Dorado2020 this cable is great, with Xe6 it's dull, unengaging.

Sep 30, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #3,154 of 6,225
Hi, any hints appreciated!

Did anybody tried Cleopatra II with Xe6 already?
I refresh Twister6 page each day awaiting the review :)

PW 1960 and FT cables suggested before are copper - is this really a direction to follow with my music tastes?
I own and tried Forza Hybrid (copper+silver) with Xe6 and when paired with Dorado2020 this cable is great, with Xe6 it's dull, unengaging.
I would say maybe Pw 1950 would be a good synergy with Xe6..... Do you listen to Rock with your Xe6?

Sep 30, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #3,155 of 6,225
I would say maybe Pw 1950 would be a good synergy with Xe6..... Do you listen to Rock with your Xe6?

Yes, all "drums and guitars" oriented genres, from blues/rock/alt to extreme metal.
No classical at all.

Unfortunatelly no PW cables available here in Poland for demo except basics - No.5 or 10 (from memory when I was looking for upgrade cable for Dorado2020, PW No.10 was very simillar to Forza Hybrid, Forza won with build quality).

The price range should be close to $1k.

Sep 30, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #3,156 of 6,225
Yes, all "drums and guitars" oriented genres, from blues/rock/alt to extreme metal.
No classical at all.

Unfortunatelly no PW cables available here in Poland for demo except basics - No.5 or 10 (from memory when I was looking for upgrade cable for Dorado2020, PW No.10 was very simillar to Forza Hybrid, Forza won with build quality).

The price range should be close to $1k.

And what do you think Xe6 in rock? Isn't it too hot to Rock?

Oct 1, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #3,157 of 6,225
Too hot? They are punchy and rather warm/polite with med/highs.
This is the reason I started to think about upgrading the cable, to get more clarity and more extended ends.
Black Keys, Kyuss, Tool, Dead Weather, Danzig - Xe6 are probably the best IEMs I heard.

Oct 1, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #3,158 of 6,225
hello guys, could anyone here do a comparison between xenon 6 and u18t/a18t ? I'm currently interested in these 2 units for my next purchase. Any thoughts would be appreciated
XE6 is amazing in rock, especially live performance, the synergy is good.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #3,160 of 6,225
Hi, did you update the cable or the original one?
I m still using the stock cable, it is fine in all aspects with my Hugo 2, and I think I will get PW first times for pushing the mid vocal forward n sweet, and triggering the bass be more like ‘open back’ 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oct 3, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #3,162 of 6,225
What cable are you thinking of upgrading?
Eletech Ode to Laura is very good for EDM, PW First Times is suitable for classical & jazz, quite hard to choose lol

Oct 3, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #3,164 of 6,225
Bought the Kr5 a week ago and fell in love. Slipped the gold modules in and fell in love all over again. My favorite set to date!
🐐

Oct 5, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #3,165 of 6,225
hi, got the FIR xe6 few days ago, and the vision ears erlkonig a month ago, I would never thought that anything would top the erlkonig, but man that xe6 is dam amazing, will share more impressions later. What a masterpiece the xe6 is, kudos to FIR

As for tips I really recommend the radius deep mount tips and a silver cable, I did not yet try other modules than the stock silver module

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back