Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Oct 11, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #3,183 of 6,244
Hi, any hints appreciated!

Did anybody tried Cleopatra II with Xe6 already?
I refresh Twister6 page each day awaiting the review :)

PW 1960 and FT cables suggested before are copper - is this really a direction to follow with my music tastes?
I own and tried Forza Hybrid (copper+silver) with Xe6 and when paired with Dorado2020 this cable is great, with Xe6 it's dull, unengaging.
I had a session with the Xe6 and a/b between stock and FT. I have decided to permanently pair Xe6 with FT. I find that FT adds more definition to the bass and treble and pulls me into the music more. YMMV of course!

Oct 11, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #3,185 of 6,244
I had a session with the Xe6 and a/b between stock and FT. I have decided to permanently pair Xe6 with FT. I find that FT adds more definition to the bass and treble and pulls me into the music more. YMMV of course!
Let’s try Eletech ode to Laura, different taste of copper and its in more detail

Oct 11, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #3,186 of 6,244
Oct 11, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #3,187 of 6,244
Let’s try Eletech ode to Laura, different taste of copper and its in more detail
I hear good things about the Ode to Laura especially when paired to Xe6!

Oct 11, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #3,188 of 6,244
hi, got the FIR xe6 few days ago, and the vision ears erlkonig a month ago, I would never thought that anything would top the erlkonig, but man that xe6 is dam amazing, will share more impressions later. What a masterpiece the xe6 is, kudos to FIR

As for tips I really recommend the radius deep mount tips and a silver cable, I did not yet try other modules than the stock silver module

Love seeing all the XE6 love here!
I feel like I should just bite the bullet and rebuy the xe6... maybe get customs this time

You won't look back :)

After more than 2 hours with the Fir audio New Frontiers, I had chosen the Kr5.
The Ne4 presentation is lacking some strength compared to its two brothers.
The Xe6 bass was too much for me with the silver atom. Tried with the Comply foam tips as well as with the Fiio bass tips (more comfortable for me). Changing to the black atom, resulted in less punchier bass. Did try the Xe6 with the stock cable as wel as with silver cable (better sound).

I better liked the Kr5 bass. Initially with the silver atom, stock cable and the Comply memory foam tips, the mids (vocals) had sounded too airier (hard to explain). Moving to the Fiio bass tips, had taken care of that.

Although the Xe6 is more musical with softer highs (high mids and treble), it did not justify the cost difference against the Kr5. Eventually, for me, the Kr5 yields better cost, performance and sound quality.

Try these marvels with differnt tips (especially those that best suit your ears) and different cables if possible (Xe6, Ne4).

Thanks for the guidance provided by this forum.
BTW: drove the Xe6 and Kr5 with the Questyle M15.
Sounds stellar.

Congratulations on the XE6! You made a great choice!

Oct 11, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #3,190 of 6,244
Oct 12, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #3,191 of 6,244
Joined the Fir family with xe6! It is a secondhand purchase after giving it a try over last weekend. Couldnt take it off my mind afterwards(and bought it) with the unique fun sound presentation amongst other iems i've experienced before. The kinetic bass is real and one of a kind really. Even my wife like the xe6 sound very much, including the friendly size and super comfortable fitting too. Such an amazing pair of iem. I wish a continued huge success for Fir Audio brand as a whole.

Hopefully there will be a whole lineup demo here someday to try.. Wonder how ne4 and kr5 sounds like..

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #3,192 of 6,244
Changed my mind.

I did audition the three New Frontiers last Sunday. Then, I did chose the Kr5 due to its less boomy bass, but mainly due to it's cheaper cost.
Since then, I could not forget the (more) stellar musical presentation of the Xe6. Considering again I became more convinced that eventually I liked the Xe6 better and it may worth the extra cost (the Kr5 are still costly).
Today I did change the order to the Xe6.
From what I had read and experienced, tunning with both the Atom modules and the tips, may relax the sub-bass as prefered by me.
Hope I made the right decission 😀.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #3,193 of 6,244
Changed my mind.

I did audition the three New Frontiers last Sunday. Then, I did chose the Kr5 due to its less boomy bass, but mainly due to it's cheaper cost.
Since then, I could not forget the (more) stellar musical presentation of the Xe6. Considering again I became more convinced that eventually I liked the Xe6 better and it may worth the extra cost (the Kr5 are still costly).
From what I had read and experienced, tunning with both the Atom modules and the tips, may relax the sub-bass as prefered by me.
For what it's worth i tried on one of my cable and by chance found out the brighter cable tame down the bass and bring more balance to the sound. The xe6 became a detail monster on the vocals, and the high became clearer. Very fun. The cable itself is just an ordinary inexpensive xinhs cable which i kept as a spare around. It is a 2 core 19awg cable which i had re terminated with ordinary rhodium plated plug. Also, the module used is the default silver.

Oct 13, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #3,194 of 6,244
Changed my mind.

Trust me, U will get use to the bass after listening for the whole day 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oct 13, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #3,195 of 6,244
For what it's worth i tried on one of my cable and by chance found out the brighter cable tame down the bass and bring more balance to the sound. The xe6 became a detail monster on the vocals, and the high became clearer. Very fun. The cable itself is just an ordinary inexpensive xinhs cable which i kept as a spare around. It is a 2 core 19awg cable which i had re terminated with ordinary rhodium plated plug. Also, the module used is the default silver.
I am also on the cable checking path. Bass is great with silver and gold Atoms, but upgrading to Xe6 from Dorado, which with Forza cable has not far less low end than Xe6 with Scorpion, I miss those fast, muscular and punchy lows I am used to. It would be great to find some cable to make Xe6 a little bit cleaner and textured. Achieving this I will consider my IEM upgrading path probably endgamed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back