Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Nov 21, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #1,306 of 6,223
You bought a new universal M4? Oofff ups usually track their shipments I once had my package lost but thankfully they found it via the tracking. The sad news was that my package was in paris then prague and initially was shipped from North Carolina usa lol how the heck it got to europe we still dont know.
Nah, I traded cash and the Andromeda 2020 for it. Hence why it's coming from Europe.

Nov 23, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #1,307 of 6,223
A few more updates on the new 5x5 iem.

I am truly amazed at how incredibly those are tuned, they are so open sounding yet so clean and dark on the background. In comparison the M series when I heard those they had a vast air presence here on the 5x5 you got similar feeling but its still clean and black in the background!
This makes this tuning very sublime as this is what I love!

Few new features have opened up with my further burn in procedures.
I feel a new sens of openess and I can now also feel the vibrational acoustical timbres of instruments. For example when a guitar plays not only the notes from the strings are heard but also the resonances of the instrument wood shell it self.
It is quiet impressive as I never experienced such deep timbral details in music.

Something also very impressive about this iems is that they have an impressive imaging ability, the way I can sense the music to travel from all directions can be pin pointed in such accuracy that it almost feels like a real audio VR experience hehe.

Soundstage is a no weakness here neither, it has very vast and deep field of view in sound perspectives, can easily feel and hear the sound to travel far behind and far to the depths of the stage. What I mean is that the music can start playing near you and you can follow it traveling all the way to the furthest of the stage as far it can go into the fainting far deep void.
Like it extends very far too if it has it in the song.
This iem can be very holographic.

I am very happy and with its result, will continue further to learn new abilities of this new fury one!

So far I think it has shown all the abilities and performance of a true flagship iem and it only cost 1000$!!! New era of flagship cost triple and quadruple the price! I think this is a bargain, you really get, is a magnificent sound performance. A tuning I havent heard ever before.

I also find the stock silicon grey eartips to work the best as they offer really good sound properties, none of ally tips collection I hace sounded as good as the stock one that came with the 5x5.

I do like the sound better with a pure silver cable.

I also do all my listening with hiby R8 and some additional tests on sony zx507. I found 5x5 to shine and have a very good pairing with the R8

🐯🐾

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #1,308 of 6,223
A few more updates on the new 5x5 iem.

I am truly amazed at how incredibly those are tuned, they are so open sounding yet so clean and dark on the background. In comparison the M series when I heard those they had a vast air presence here on the 5x5 you got similar feeling but its still clean and black in the background!
This makes this tuning very sublime as this is what I love!

Few new features have opened up with my further burn in procedures.
I feel a new sens of openess and I can now also feel the vibrational acoustical timbres of instruments. For example when a guitar plays not only the notes from the strings are heard but also the resonances of the instrument wood shell it self.
It is quiet impressive as I never experienced such deep timbral details in music.

Something also very impressive about this iems is that they have an impressive imaging ability, the way I can sense the music to travel from all directions can be pin pointed in such accuracy that it almost feels like a real audio VR experience hehe.

Soundstage is a no weakness here neither, it has very vast and deep field of view in sound perspectives, can easily feel and hear the sound to travel far behind and far to the depths of the stage. What I mean is that the music can start playing near you and you can follow it traveling all the way to the furthest of the stage as far it can go into the fainting far deep void.
Like it extends very far too if it has it in the song.
This iem can be very holographic.

I am very happy and with its result, will continue further to learn new abilities of this new fury one!

So far I think it has shown all the abilities and performance of a true flagship iem and it only cost 1000$!!! New era of flagship cost triple and quadruple the price! I think this is a bargain, you really get, is a magnificent sound performance. A tuning I havent heard ever before.

I also find the stock silicon grey eartips to work the best as they offer really good sound properties, none of ally tips collection I hace sounded as good as the stock one that came with the 5x5.

I do like the sound better with a pure silver cable.

I also do all my listening with hiby R8 and some additional tests on sony zx507. I found 5x5 to shine and have a very good pairing with the R8

🐯🐾

Sounds really impressive and particularly good to hear how it has good synergy with the R8.

I have to use IEMs with something with APEX / Atom, and I believe the 5x5 has an internal pressure relief system. How are you finding it in terms of long terms listening and fatigue?

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #1,309 of 6,223
Sounds really impressive and particularly good to hear how it has good synergy with the R8.

I have to use IEMs with something with APEX / Atom, and I believe the 5x5 has an internal pressure relief system. How are you finding it in terms of long terms listening and fatigue?

It is perfect for long term listening. The Atom X works very good, it is as open and as pressure free listening experience like any 64a iem.

I ware the 5x5 all day long and I find them as comfortable like my 64a even slightly more.

The 5x5 has a deeper insertion feel. And it has more noise isolation too.

I am very surprised how good @bogdan belonozhko made this 5x5 it so well done, its really a must try!

Nov 23, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #1,310 of 6,223
Little bunny's are resting in there cute little nest 🐇🥰

PXL_20201124_014536815.jpgPXL_20201124_014508029.jpgPXL_20201124_014650945.jpg

Nov 25, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #1,311 of 6,223
Hi my friends!
I got to know these very nice IEM VxVs. I want to say that I was very impressed with these "hare ears". It is a very pleasant sound, emotional and comfortable at the same time. This is a very smart approach to sound tuning. I posted my review about FIR VxV.
DSCF3264.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #1,312 of 6,223
A week late, but UPS finally changed my M4s to out for delivery. Excitement

Nov 25, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #1,313 of 6,223
M4s in hand.

Fit is perfect, almost similar to the 64 universals shape but completely different with my left ear. Quite happy with that.

On the other hand, I was cleaning the mesh and both sides got pushed in, after an hour and a half of poking and prodding to try and get it back near the top of the nozzle both pieces of mesh are sufficiently bent. Took them out for now, gonna have to figure out wax guards somehow since I don't use foam tips.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #1,314 of 6,223
M4s in hand.

Fit is perfect, almost similar to the 64 universals but compelelly different.

Was cleaning the mesh and it somehow got pushed in a bit I managed to wiggle a bit back up with the cleaning tool and hobby pliers avoiding the driver.

Any ideas?

Congrats those m4 are great iems I think you will enjoy them.
Its similar as 64a bur everything is a new experience same and not same at the same haha hopes that dont confuses you 😎😆

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #1,315 of 6,223
Congrats those m4 are great iems I think you will enjoy them.
Its similar as 64a bur everything is a new experience same and not same at the same haha hopes that dont confuses you 😎😆
It's not 64 in a lot of ways and I like that.

On my last (now edited) post, the grills are compeletely 64. I manged to push both grills in and after an hour and a half of wrangling with tweezers and plies, got both bent and nowhere near where I wanted.

Ended up cutting some spare complys to cover the opening for the time being
20201125_192713.jpg

Not sure if FiR will fix this...

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #1,316 of 6,223
It's not 64 in a lot of ways and I like that.

On my last (now edited) post, the grills are compeletely 64. I manged to push both grills in and after an hour and a half of wrangling with tweezers and plies, got both bent and nowhere near where I wanted.

Ended up cutting some spare complys to cover the opening for the time being
20201125_192713.jpg

Not sure if FiR will fix this...

Shoot @bogdan belonozhko an email or a PM, maybe he can help out. FiR has some of the best CS in the industry from what I have experienced so far.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #1,317 of 6,223
M4s in hand.

Fit is perfect, almost similar to the 64 universals shape but completely different with my left ear. Quite happy with that.

On the other hand, I was cleaning the mesh and both sides got pushed in, after an hour and a half of poking and prodding to try and get it back near the top of the nozzle both pieces of mesh are sufficiently bent. Took them out for now, gonna have to figure out wax guards somehow since I don't use foam tips.
Panty hose over the nozzle with tips over it. Kinky

Nov 25, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #1,318 of 6,223
Panty hose over the nozzle with tips over it. Kinky
At this point its kinda worth trying. I'm not inclined to pay with fate and leave that nozzle open for things to get in. I think coffee filter is next on the list

Nov 25, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #1,319 of 6,223
At this point its kinda worth trying. I'm not inclined to pay with fate and leave that nozzle open for things to get in. I think coffee filter is next on the list

Why not just ping Bogdan so he can resolve this? You might do more damage trying to fix it yourself :wink:

Nov 25, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #1,320 of 6,223
Why not just ping Bogdan so he can resolve this? You might do more damage trying to fix it yourself :wink:
Yup I just did. For now it's just something that will prevent debris from falling in.

Though mine is labelled DEMO and I'm not sure what FiRs policy is in those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back