Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Oct 25, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #151 of 6,233
updated

I appreciated all the help and PM’s from members in reorganizing this tour. Bogdan has never done one nor have I helped with one or participated in a tour. So with all the ideas to try and get this thing off the ground we have revised the terms of the tour.
I will send either the M5 or M4 depending on your choice. You can try both just not at the same time initially.
Tour will be open to members with a couple of year’s membership. Newer members with strong trader feedback will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
The tour requires Paypal deposit of $1. IEMs will only be sent to verified paypal addresses.
2 Cables will be sent 2.5 & 4.4
2 Pin adaptor & MMCX adaptor will be included for trying your own cables.
You only expense will be the shipping either back to me or to the next participant. Shipments require a tracking number with a signature.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #152 of 6,233
Hi Ken,

I see you got your universal M5's. I also noticed you no longer have your Noble Khan's. Per our PM's I know you ordered the customs as well. I guess you like the sound :)
Could you please give your opinion and why you got rid of the Khan's (my second favorite IEM )

Thanks
If I can chime in here, I got rid of my Khan cause the build quality is heavily mediocre and the sockets are downright terrible. At its price point I’m generally speaking looking for more than sound and sound alone

Oct 25, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #153 of 6,233
OK Guys

Firming up the details with Bogdan now on the FIR tour. Good news it will be the whole line !!! Tour will be done in US once complete it will move over to UK.

PLEASE post which model you would be interested in hearing in this thread and starting next week they will be sent out for an at home audition !!! I will contact you for your address once it is your turn via PM
There will be a deposit required which will be returned once the next participant receives theirs. I will have more info on the amount of the fully refundable deposit later...
Your only cost will be the shipping to the next participant. Shipments must have a tracking number and a signature from the next recipient.

thank you for the opportunity!!!
i'm interested in auditioning the M4 and M5.

Oct 25, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #154 of 6,233
If I can chime in here, I got rid of my Khan cause the build quality is heavily mediocre and the sockets are downright terrible. At its price point I’m generally speaking looking for more than sound and sound alone

I agree with everything here. The Khans look like a toy compared to the M5's and some of the other TOL IEM's I've tried.

Oct 25, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #155 of 6,233
I agree with everything here. The Khans look like a toy compared to the M5's and some of the other TOL IEM's I've tried.
The build quality contrast between noble’s Universal and custom lineups is one of the strongest I’ve seen in the industry in general

Oct 25, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #156 of 6,233
The build quality contrast between noble’s Universal and custom lineups is one of the strongest I’ve seen in the industry in general

I did not know that

Between the socket and the build quality I am afraid to take them outside for fear of dropping and damaging them. I do like the sound though TBH but not as much as the M5's

Oct 25, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #157 of 6,233
Hi Ken,

I see you got your universal M5's. I also noticed you no longer have your Noble Khan's. Per our PM's I know you ordered the customs as well. I guess you like the sound :)
Could you please give your opinion and why you got rid of the Khan's (my second favorite IEM )

Thanks

Hi John,
I got universal M5 for about 1 week, and I really love its natural sound, so I decided to send back to make a custom mould.
I sold my noble Khan to get a fund to buy Tia fourte. Khan has a really nice high mid and energy treble, but sometimes I feel harsh and fatigue. Another factor is that now I prefer iem which has technology to reduce pressure on the ear (apex, atom). Hope thí can help you out

Oct 26, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #158 of 6,233
OK Guys

Firming up the details with Bogdan now on the FIR tour. Good news it will be the whole line !!! Tour will be done in US once complete it will move over to UK.

PLEASE post which model you would be interested in hearing in this thread and starting next week they will be sent out for an at home audition !!! I will contact you for your address once it is your turn via PM
There will be a deposit required which will be returned once the next participant receives theirs. I will have more info on the amount of the fully refundable deposit later...
Your only cost will be the shipping to the next participant. Shipments must have a tracking number and a signature from the next recipient. Order will be based on who posts first
M4 and M5

Oct 27, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #159 of 6,233
If the M3 is still tuned like the last measurement crinacle did, I'll gladly pay a deposit to hear it in person. The prospect of a hybrid in custom form tuned like this get me very excited. Please do PM me when you can @John2e , thanks.

graph.png

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #160 of 6,233
updated

I appreciated all the help and PM’s from members in reorganizing this tour. Bogdan has never done one nor have I helped with one or participated in a tour. So with all the ideas to try and get this thing off the ground we have revised the terms of the tour.
I will send either the M5 or M4 depending on your choice. You can try both just not at the same time initially.
Tour will be open to members with a couple of year’s membership. Newer members with strong trader feedback will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
The tour requires Paypal deposit of $1. IEMs will only be sent to verified paypal addresses.
You only expense will be the shipping either back to me or to the next participant. Shipments require a tracking number with a signature.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #161 of 6,233
A deposit of $1,500 is required for any model. M5-M2 .

FYI IEM's will be inscribed with a special serial number to deter anyone from steeling these.

I'm also trying to convince @bogdan belonozhko to add remote detonation, you know, the "suicide squad" style :D

Oct 28, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #162 of 6,233
UPDATED

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #163 of 6,233
I'm incredibly interested in the m5. If I could audition them for extra trust in my (likely) purchase or even just to have the opportunity to hear those beasts plus review them that would be amazing. I'm open to trying other models too though or comparing them with m5 and others in the line.

A little background; my source is a fiio q5 and headphones I have are Empire ESR (nice studio reference for tone comparison) 99 classics, and hifiman massdrop he4xx

Oct 31, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #164 of 6,233
9-A5-E561-E-A0-F5-45-C2-89-C9-CF3-C762621-B3.jpg

Glad it looks so much nicer in real life, but the initials needs to be fixed again :frowning2:

Nov 5, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #165 of 6,233

Your only expense will be the shipping either back to me or to the next participant. Shipments require a tracking number with a signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back