Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Dec 7, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #1,366 of 6,237
At this point Tiger Ears, you should consider working for 64 and FiR. Ask them to pay you in prototypes of their new toys.

I do agree with the house sound is where 64 and FiR diverge despite the similar tech in use. I'm sure FiR will put out a fun iem one day considering 64 has u12t.

I thought he already did. j/k 😊

Dec 7, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #1,367 of 6,237
@bogdan belonozhko Just a heads up that the security certificate for HTTPS on the FIR site is reporting as expiring today on Firefox. I was able to get to the site on desktop, but no bueno on mobile.

Dec 7, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #1,368 of 6,237
At this point Tiger Ears, you should consider working for 64 and FiR. Ask them to pay you in prototypes of their new toys.

I do agree with the house sound is where 64 and FiR diverge despite the similar tech in use. I'm sure FiR will put out a fun iem one day considering 64 has u12t.
I thought he already did. j/k 😊

🤩🤩🤩🤩

Man I wish ! If they could send me all the iem line I could give much more feed back as I would have each on hand 🙂

I do love those 2 brands and they are my favorites

Dec 8, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #1,369 of 6,237
@bogdan belonozhko Just a heads up that the security certificate for HTTPS on the FIR site is reporting as expiring today on Firefox. I was able to get to the site on desktop, but no bueno on mobile.
Our IT man was on it today and got it all resolved. Thanks

FIR Audio Stay updated on FIR Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.firaudio.com/
Dec 8, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #1,370 of 6,237
Apex or Atom x is one heck of a bonus to have.

It makes your iems sound like open back headphones!
And Atom x is more open and less restrictive then apex. I mean by this is that fir iems has a more open sound perception and seems to also create less air pressure, its easier on your ears.
Working on a video that goes more in depth what we did with atom on the 5x5. The sound reactor changed things up and my brother Alex got creative and came up with a genius solution that targets the source of pressure fatigue. If there was an Oscar for audio design this would be at the top of the list.

FIR Audio Stay updated on FIR Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.firaudio.com/
Dec 8, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #1,371 of 6,237
Working on a video that goes more in depth what we did with atom on the 5x5. The sound reactor changed things up and my brother Alex got creative and came up with a genius solution that targets the source of pressure fatigue. If there was an Oscar for audio design this would be at the top of the list.

Oh that will be a very cool idea can't wait to see the video.

5x5 is a big move forward for Fir Audio I really like the new tuning. I am really looking forward your next award winning ideas and iterations.

Congratulations on the new 5x5!

Dec 9, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #1,372 of 6,237
Oh that will be a very cool idea can't wait to see the video.

5x5 is a big move forward for Fir Audio I really like the new tuning. I am really looking forward your next award winning ideas and iterations.

Congratulations on the new 5x5!
Really interested with your impression for 5x5. I haven't tried it, although I'm happy with my beloved M5 but i still want to try it. 😜😜

Dec 13, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #1,373 of 6,237
I just came back to my 5x5 today after a week being with my noirs and the new super symbiote cable...

This time I have set the small 64a foams. I have to say I really enjoy the 5x5 with the foams as they become tighter cleaner and deeper in bass punch also feels blacker on back ground and sharper imaging.

The 5x5 are very engaging fun tuning, they have a good bass punch/twist slam. With very awesome mids which are so open so airy and same time very engaging. This brings me to say that it also benefits toward some lucid open vast soundstage and imaging that are reproduced so effortlessly and vastly expanding into the depths of the layers that goes threw the soundstage dimensions.
You can get lifted and float threw the wave that brings you from left to right and feel the levitating effect of the waves that is traversing threw.

This is a very delicious sound that can be perceived more to the fun factor that will bring you fun joy pleasure for hours.

Really liking the 5x5 so far, I feel this is the best 1k spent on iem of this caliber. It simply can do everything and with good sounds!

Dec 15, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #1,374 of 6,237
M5 + Sp2000 is a really nice combo .

79200BD6-0C6C-4D63-8685-655AC10FCCC7.jpeg

Dec 16, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #1,376 of 6,237
20201216_125602.jpg
M4 are back in my hands. Love this cool nod of having Firry in their address line.

Attachments

• 20201216_125602.jpg
    20201216_125602.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Dec 19, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #1,377 of 6,237
Had a chance to try 5x5, and there is a lot about them to like.
They are light and comfortable, and fit me perfectly with the stock tips. It's the first time i deal with the pressure relieve system, and it really works, makes it easier to just listen to the music, without adjustments and reinsertion to let ears rest a bit. Bass is tight and fast, and has a good texture to it. Soundstage is wide, feels even wider than Solaris at times, even if it doesn't have this holographic/3D feel, it still sounds very open and effortless, with no congestion.
But forward mids are killing everything for me, half of the time it just sounds "wrong", and i had to pick the music where it's less obvious, but it kinda defeats the every day carry purpose then.
So unfortunately no, these are not for me.

Dec 21, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #1,378 of 6,237
M5 + Sp2000 is a really nice combo .

79200BD6-0C6C-4D63-8685-655AC10FCCC7.jpeg
I will be putting this combo (M4, Oslo, M8) through its paces soon. Tried it briefly and was really impressed by the crazy large soundstage, so it needed to go in my classical music review series asap...
1608586507607.jpeg

Dec 21, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #1,379 of 6,237
I will be putting this combo (M4, Oslo, M8) through its paces soon. Tried it briefly and was really impressed by the crazy large soundstage, so it needed to go in my classical music review series asap...
1608586507607.jpeg
Speaking of the M4, I haven't touched the Scorpion since I've put the Monile on it. I'd recommend giving it a try Erik, it gives vocals a bit more body.

Dec 21, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #1,380 of 6,237
Had a chance to try 5x5, and there is a lot about them to like.
They are light and comfortable, and fit me perfectly with the stock tips. It's the first time i deal with the pressure relieve system, and it really works, makes it easier to just listen to the music, without adjustments and reinsertion to let ears rest a bit. Bass is tight and fast, and has a good texture to it. Soundstage is wide, feels even wider than Solaris at times, even if it doesn't have this holographic/3D feel, it still sounds very open and effortless, with no congestion.
But forward mids are killing everything for me, half of the time it just sounds "wrong", and i had to pick the music where it's less obvious, but it kinda defeats the every day carry purpose then.
So unfortunately no, these are not for me.

Strange that you dislike the mids that much.
I love it the way they are. As I am not a fan of recessed or u shaped mids. Maybe your dap is also mid forward and it emphasis the mids forward?
As I don't feel them being so forward as you say....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back