Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Mar 26, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #6,166 of 6,223
Fir Audio E12 considered a flagship model for electron series?

Yes, it is.

E12 is generally considered the more "audiophile" tuning.

E10 is generally considered to be more for "artists, mixers, and sound engineers" tuning.

Basically, one is more energetic, fun with stronger bass and impact. The other is more neutral and reference.

They are both excellent - more of a taste/preference kind of choice here.

Guys what's the full form of FiR audio (even if redundant)?

Here is from the top of my head:

Current Models - Frontier Series

Neon 4

Krypton 5

Xenon 6

Radon 6

Current Models - Electron Series

E12

E10

Sister Brand - Bellos Audio (for performers and audiophiles who still want a custom like experience on a budget)

x2

x3

x4

Retired Models - M Series

M2

M3

M4

M5

Retired Models - Solos & One Offs

VxV - replaced by Electron series

@bogdan belonozhko can confirm, but this is pretty much everything I believe that I can talk about / made it to release.

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #6,167 of 6,223
Yes, it is.

E12 is generally considered the more "audiophile" tuning.

E10 is generally considered to be more for "artists, mixers, and sound engineers" tuning.

Basically, one is more energetic, fun with stronger bass and impact. The other is more neutral and reference.

They are both excellent - more of a taste/preference kind of choice here.

Here is from the top of my head:

Current Models - Frontier Series

Neon 4

Krypton 5

Xenon 6

Radon 6

Current Models - Electron Series

E12

E10

Sister Brand - Bellos Audio (for performers and audiophiles who still want a custom like experience on a budget)

x2

x3

x4

Retired Models - M Series

M2

M3

M4

M5

Retired Models - Solos & One Offs

VxV - replaced by Electron series

@bogdan belonozhko can confirm, but this is pretty much everything I believe that I can talk about / made it to release.
Thanks that's a great list, but my question was what does the word 'FiR' stand for? Is/ Was there an expanded version of FiR?

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #6,168 of 6,223
Thanks that's a great list, but my question was what does the word 'FiR' stand for? Is/ Was there an expanded version of FiR?

LOL - I'm sorry I misunderstood. I'm not sure if @bogdan belonozhko has ever talked about that publicly. Good question!

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #6,169 of 6,223
Evergreen Audio just like Firs

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #6,170 of 6,223
Fraternal in Relation to 64 Audio
🤭

Or, it could just be a reference to all the Douglas Fir trees around Portland.

It’s probably the second one, actually.

Mar 27, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #6,171 of 6,223
I think with the RN6 when I had the universal you really need the best seal over depth. I switched to a custom, definitely improved the bass even with just the red module. RN6 with the stock cable does not have warm mids, they’re closer to neutral. If you want more weight in the mids even the reasonably priced Eletech Raphael will do this and soften the edge on the highs a little.
Thanks. Had customs in the past and prefer universal solution. Customs were not good for walking after a while.
Regarding cable thanks for suggestion. Would this cable solve certain graininess around drum cymbals notes I am experiencing?

But but but..

20240327_141527.jpg

Fir earphones via Mytek are much more balanced and gentle from mids up. And below there is more energy, so I will go down from gold to silver filter. Fluent, smooth and pleasure to listen finally :D

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #6,172 of 6,223
Thanks. Had customs in the past and prefer universal solution. Customs were not good for walking after a while.
Regarding cable thanks for suggestion. Would this cable solve certain graininess around drum cymbals notes I am experiencing?

But but but..

Fir earphones via Mytek are much more balanced and gentle from mids up. And below there is more energy, so I will go down from gold to silver filter. Fluent, smooth and pleasure to listen finally :D
Hmm I don’t hear any graininess with drum or cymbals. I’m usually using N8i or chord Dave. I personally like the RN6 out of the N8i with tubes on. But I gave up on the stock cable quickly and using the FTS or Cleo II octa now.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #6,173 of 6,223
Hi everyone,

Gotten some PMs lately about FiR and response times - wanted to clarify that the team is currently dealing with a major family emergency.

The team will be operating on a bit of a skeleton crew for the foreseeable future, so please give some patience as they deal with this unexpected time.

Thank you - happy listening and we appreciate the FiR team being kept in your thoughts.

We'll provide updates as we are able to, but for the time being please respect their privacy.

-Seb

Mar 29, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #6,175 of 6,223
A friend of mine wants to know if the fit of the Xe6 is generally similar to that of 64 Audio. Can anyone say anything about this?
It is not, FIR unis have thicker nozzles that sit at a slightly different angle. 64 Audio nozzles are thinner. Ear anatomy will dictate comfort with each.

Mar 29, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #6,177 of 6,223
It is not, FIR unis have thicker nozzles that sit at a slightly different angle. 64 Audio nozzles are thinner. Ear anatomy will dictate comfort with each.
Might depend on the type of fit you choose too. My FiR customs are all audiophile fit and my 64 customs were all thicker

Mar 29, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #6,178 of 6,223
Might depend on the type of fit you choose too. My FiR customs are all audiophile fit and my 64 customs were all thicker
Aren't they asking about UIEM? CIEM would be entirely ear mold/Scan individualized. Do you mean thicker in the shell body vs the ear canal?

Mar 29, 2024 at 8:25 PM Post #6,179 of 6,223
Aren't they asking about UIEM? CIEM would be entirely ear mold/Scan individualized. Do you mean thicker in the shell body vs the ear canal?
Yeah most likely.

Thicker in the canal, so essentially the nozzle. Hence why I read it that way.

Mar 30, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #6,180 of 6,223
Yeah most likely.

Thicker in the canal, so essentially the nozzle. Hence why I read it that way.
Seems... strange... I could only imagine different "thickness" in relation to the "tubes"/"sound canals"

send photos! I sent my impressions to 64 for custom ear protection this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back