Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
May 22, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #4,546 of 6,340
IMG_3050.jpg
Very late to the game for pairing Xe6 with Code 23 but I love it! Great synergy that accentuates everything that is good about the Xe6 and at the same time allowing more resolution up top! Stage seems to be increased also. Oh, SednaEarfit Xelastec - M tips allowing a better fit and seal! New found life for my Xe6! Love it!

How Code23 compares to LL Venom with Xe6?

As for me Venom is so far the best in $1k price range, I really like the massive, fullrange sound it delivers.
Better than i.e. Cleo II Octa, Cleo, Erua Tawa and some others.

May 22, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #4,547 of 6,340
IMG_3050.jpg
Very late to the game for pairing Xe6 with Code 23 but I love it! Great synergy that accentuates everything that is good about the Xe6 and at the same time allowing more resolution up top! Stage seems to be increased also. Oh, SednaEarfit Xelastec - M tips allowing a better fit and seal! New found life for my Xe6! Love it!

:beers:

Never late to the game! Ja, the stickier Xelastics or Crystals assist in maintaining a seal while shuffling around with C23's thick wires, LOL.

What I enjoy the most with XE6 is flavoring its signature profile with C23, OTL, Cleo2/8, or Aeneid for rich umami listening experiences :yum:

IMG_1525.JPG

May 22, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #4,548 of 6,340
:beers:

Never late to the game! Ja, the stickier Xelastics or Crystals assist in maintaining a seal while shuffling around with C23's thick wires, LOL.

What I enjoy the most with XE6 is flavoring its signature profile with C23, OTL, Cleo2/8, or Aeneid for rich umami listening experiences :yum:

IMG_1525.JPG
Umami listening experiences! Very nice way of putting it!

May 22, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #4,549 of 6,340

As for me Venom is so far the best in $1k price range, I really like the massive, fullrange sound it delivers.
I will do the comparisons tomorrow.

May 22, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #4,551 of 6,340

Just did a comparison between Code 23 and LL Venom on the Xe6. They are both very similar in that both brings out more resolution in the bass and treble. The only difference is that the LL Venom provides slightly more definition in the bass but the Code 23 is more airy and has a wider soundstage. LL Venom sounds more in your head whereas Code 23 is more out of your head.

I would be happy with both but my preference is with Code 23. Big caveat here is whether you can live with the ergonomics of Code 23.

To clarify, synergy is a thing to me and I do hear different synergies with different sources even. So my impressions above were listened though a TT2 driven by Roon on my notebook. I was listening to both classical and electronic.

Last edited:
May 23, 2023 at 1:52 AM Post #4,552 of 6,340
I prefer the stock Scorpion cable over the ones I tried below, but maybe Cleo is one that is actually sonically better. Very much doubt it. I guess it depends what reason you want to change the cable for?

Eletech Iliad
PWAudio 1960s 4w
PWAudio No.5 8w
PWAudio No.10 4w
Effect Audio Leonidas ll 4w
Effect Audio Code-23
Effect Audio Eros S
Effect Audio Ares S
Liquid Links Venom
Liquid Links Martini
Satin Audio Athena 4w
The venom is definitely an improvement from stock cable. Stock cable”s sound muddy

May 23, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #4,553 of 6,340
Just did a comparison between Code 23 and LL Venom on the Xe6. They are both very similar in that both brings out more resolution in the bass and treble. The only difference is that the LL Venom provides slightly more definition in the bass but the Code 23 is more airy and has a wider soundstage. LL Venom sounds more in your head whereas Code 23 is more out of your head.

I would be happy with both but my preference is with Code 23. Big caveat here is whether you can live with the ergonomics of Code 23.

To clarify, synergy is a thing to me and I do hear different synergies with different sources even. So my impressions above were listened though a TT2 driven by Roon on my notebook. I was listening to both classical and electronic.

Thank you :)

So it seems no need to check Code23 if I already have Venom which I am happy with.
With Gryphon and xbass+xspace+presence it's really a fun to listen.

People advise Chiron for Xe6, but for me the price is too crazy to consider.

May 23, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #4,554 of 6,340
Thank you :)

So it seems no need to check Code23 if I already have Venom which I am happy with.
With Gryphon and xbass+xspace+presence it's really a fun to listen.

People advise Chiron for Xe6, but for me the price is too crazy to consider.
Yes. Chiron is really good with Xe6 but the Venom is good enough especially for the price.

May 24, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #4,556 of 6,340
FiRRY RN6 spa day. New anodized ATOM XS replacement modules and cleaning kit arrived today – they look high quality especially red. FiR's responsive and amazing support team – Jessica! – has me a FiRRY fan 4 life.

IMG_0201.jpegIMG_0203.jpeg
IMG_0204.jpeg

Hurray! FiR's support is truly top notch. They are wonderful.

I planned to change my KR5 to Radon, I listened to them. I do not share the general enthusiasm. the sound became in the style of Noble - skinny with the absence of mid-bass, everything is in detail. stay with Krypton.

What kind of music do you usually listen to?

May 25, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #4,558 of 6,340
and my little bunny goats, beyond the musical quality, these are by far the most comfortable iems I've ever tried, you put them in the ears and just disappearPXL_20230119_084445303.jpg
How do you like them now?

May 25, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #4,559 of 6,340
Wow! Everyone posting thier incredible top-tier XE6, and here I am happy that I finally got my hands on the "basic" VxV lol.
Aside from the great construction and how comfortable these are, the tuning quality Fir put here cannot be denied. When I first received them I tried them on the R3-2022 and it was a very smooth/relaxing sound. But stepping up to the RS6 was eye opening. The soundstage and clarity opened up significantly.
As a bonus, I also tried some gaming and the results were also great with lots of details and clear directional positioning.
Needless to say, I'm hooked with these Fir. Hopefully some day I'll be able to try thier top offerings like the XE6 or M5.
PSX_20230204_101024.pngI dig my pair, and I never thought a cable upgrade would up the sound quality but wow!

May 25, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #4,560 of 6,340
I compared the Xe6 to both the "multiverse mentor" and the "jewel". ..
Edit** forgot to mention that these are my top three musical favorites so far. Over past ones I listened to like the Traillie & others.
They also are in category of larger soundstage IEMs.

The Xe6 was right in between both, in terms of technicalities and musicality, with the "mentor" being a bit more lean and aggressive (reference type) in comparison, while the jewel was on other end, being a bit more laid back in dynamics and so beautiful but less involving than the other two.

The Xe6 in comparison, retained the positive traits of both, being more organic and effortless (like jewel) and equally exciting and involving as the "Mentor" while not as "aggressive" as the Mentor was slightly more in forwardness or dynamics.

In soundstage, the jewel is larger because the whole image is placed a bit further, while the Multiverse Mentor showed a larger soundstage by being deeper in image.
The Xe6 was in between, having both distance and deepness, which sounded most correct to my ears.

In comparison I found the Xe6 equally musical as the others, while retaining a cohesive balance to its extremely palpable kinetic subbass.

There was a track I played which had some rare deep subbass rumble ( * ), and I was shocked that while the mentor remained very revealing, it did not portray the lowest sub bass with as much impact as the other two.

I really glad I settled on the Xe6.
Although the other two have their own strengths and musicality, I feel this one sits between them on many aspects and so more flexible.

Hopefully later on in future I can test the Ra6, but I realized by trying these others, that I don't need a more analytical sounding IEM, when the Xe6 does it all, while I am using the RED modules...

Attachments

• IMG_20230521_163608__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20230521_163608__01__01.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230521_155304__01.jpg
    IMG_20230521_155304__01.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back