Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Apr 20, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #4,427 of 6,350
Thanks for the reply..... Does the midrange get hotter than anything you listen to with the other Atom?

Sorry, not sure what you mean. You have read my review, I described in there how I hear RN6 with all 4 modules, and the impression above is how I hear it without atom xs module.

Apr 21, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #4,429 of 6,350
I've placed an order for my next custom from FiR - these next four weeks will be a hard wait. I am happily a new Radon 6 owner.

I've been leaning towards the Radon but needed another chance to demo it, and was lucky to spend a few hours on my own with it at NAMM.

Can't wait to share the design here when it's done.

Apr 21, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #4,430 of 6,350
Happy new owner of RN6 😁
Arrived just in time one day before vacation 👌

Attachments

• P_20230421_154726.jpg
    P_20230421_154726.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 21, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #4,431 of 6,350
I've placed an order for my next custom from FiR - these next four weeks will be a hard wait. I am happily a new Radon 6 owner.

I've been leaning towards the Radon but needed another chance to demo it, and was lucky to spend a few hours on my own with it at NAMM.

Can't wait to share the design here when it's done.
Join us join us

You demo'd before deciding? Booooo

Apr 22, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #4,433 of 6,350
Black is my staple Atom for RN6. Red is still enjoyable, but somehow I feel mid and treble slight more aggressive than Black, lead to more intense feeling.

Currently using eartips from Fir M5. For me it is more comfortable to use (softer), and also smoother at treble area compared to standard silicone tips from RN6.

Apr 22, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #4,435 of 6,350
I'm enjoying the warm and bassy XE6 as well this weekend
9992F6C6-049B-4E1F-99D5-DD75B124BBAE.jpeg

Apr 23, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #4,439 of 6,350
You won't believe it, but they are more comfortable in landing than kryptons

Haha good to know, glad they’re still working out well for you. I have pretty small ears, you’re not the first person that’s bought a CIEM from me that’s been able to use them without a reshell.

Apr 23, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #4,440 of 6,350
Joined the Fir club today... Is there a better cable than stock?
I agree with Aaf that Xe6 stock Scorpion-C is excellent...
Finally found the endgame cable for my Xe6.
It is a custom made Neotech 4W cable comprised of Silver + Palladium alloy...
I also joined the club and chose the Liquid Links Venom for its clarity, and coincidentally matches in appearance as well 👍
IMG_20230420_115029__01.jpg

from this graph....except for the more low end in XE6, they look very very similar to XE6 and RN6.

Call me a doubting Thomas, but from experience realizing the variables involved, I believe you have to hear the Xe6 to truly see if it's right for you.

The FR graph will not show you how wonderfully impactful the kinetic bass is on either of them, but as you can see the difference noted in upper bass, that should similarly be duplicated on the Xe6 with red modules.
The red modules should also keep the Xe6 to be more relaxed in soundstage as well.

Yet we can agree that we are essentially looking at two different signatures regardless, because of the differences in upper range. That should be more of the difference, rather than the lower range.

I was fortunate to hear the 4,5,6 trilogy of the frontier series, but not the Rn6 yet, so will remain a blissfully happy owner of Xe6 until then 😂

I am glad that I chose the Xe6 having heard all three. The Xe6 a unique sound signature and a permanent place in my collection. It is my favourite of the three
Looks like you can't go wrong either way 🙂

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back