Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Dec 13, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #301 of 6,244
bass

a18 - very accurate, great rumble, powerful, neutral vs. the rest of the signature

elysium - great initial impact (shocking for 1 ba,) bass is relatively light overall in the sound signature, no doubt

m5 - I wouldn't say it's "boomy" (i wouldn't describe anything that sounds this good in that way.) This is a clear V shape, so the bass and treble are both emphasized...with heavier music, like EDM, you can clearly hear the bass and treble is turned up and in your face...it sounds really fun with that kind of music. But, with orchestral stuff, it still sounds well-controlled and recedes a bit. This isn't like the LX, where the bass is the star of the show at all times.

treble on the m5 is definitely not peaky to my ears.

gimme a song to listen to and i can tell you what i hear...right now i'm just listening straight out of a laptop, all 3 sound great, and i can clearly hear their sigs. i'll try with my mojo sometime this weekend.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #302 of 6,244
bass

a18 - very accurate, great rumble, powerful, neutral vs. the rest of the signature

elysium - great initial impact (shocking for 1 ba,) bass is relatively light overall in the sound signature, no doubt

m5 - I wouldn't say it's "boomy" (i wouldn't describe anything that sounds this good in that way.) This is a clear V shape, so the bass and treble are both emphasized...with heavier music, like EDM, you can clearly hear the bass and treble is turned up and in your face...it sounds really fun with that kind of music. But, with orchestral stuff, it still sounds well-controlled and recedes a bit. This isn't like the LX, where the bass is the star of the show at all times.

treble on the m5 is definitely not peaky to my ears.

gimme a song to listen to and i can tell you what i hear...right now i'm just listening straight out of a laptop, all 3 sound great, and i can clearly hear their sigs. i'll try with my mojo sometime this weekend.

Its allright :) soon I will do an audition my self aswell :p But with wm1z and couple cables .

Your listening straight outa a laptop , you musta have a really good audiophile laptop hehe so it sounds that good :) Mojo will definitely be a better choice to start

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #303 of 6,244
honestly, i find all iems sound pretty good out of any source, and i can definitely get an idea of their sig, which is all i'm trying to do at the moment.

to squeeze the most of of an iem, sure, you need a good source, cables, proper music files...no doubt.

Dec 14, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #304 of 6,244
Well my laptop really sucks, even my s9 sound better out of the hedphone jack.

A laptop aint really giving it justice unfortunately, your mojo would be the bare minimum.

Dec 14, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #305 of 6,244
@Vitaly2017 feel free to discount my opinions thus far and check back once I’ve had more listening time.

Based on my experience, I don’t expect my perspective on overall sound signatures to change.

Of course, things will sound better out of each transducer with the mojo, but my interpretations of overall sound signature should remain the same.

Dec 14, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #306 of 6,244
gonna go ahead and say the m5 are the most fun iems for electronic music i've ever heard.

the boosted bass and energetic treble just rocks with the genre.

so g'damn fun to listen to :upside_down:

Dec 14, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #307 of 6,244
i also want to reiterate, that although i've read some people's reviews and seen them say that the m5 has a neutral signature...i really cannot agree with that. especially when ab'ing directly back to back with my a18, which has the most unquestionably flat frequency response i've ever heard.

these things rock the bass and energize the treble. although they actually sound quite good with almost every genre i've listened to, once you put on anything electronic or pop, they start boppin' real hard.

Dec 14, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #308 of 6,244
i also want to reiterate, that although i've read some people's reviews and seen them say that the m5 has a neutral signature...i really cannot agree with that. especially when ab'ing directly back to back with my a18, which has the most unquestionably flat frequency response i've ever heard.

these things rock the bass and energize the treble. although they actually sound quite good with almost every genre i've listened to, once you put on anything electronic or pop, they start boppin' real hard.

I haven’t seen anyone reviewed them as neutral though, but more towards almost balanced with a slight V signature.

Dec 15, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #309 of 6,244
^

Some people have mentioned this in the reviews section for the m5.

absolutely agree with the v signature on these.

Dec 15, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #310 of 6,244
^

Some people have mentioned this in the reviews section for the m5.

absolutely agree with the v signature on these.

Did you try the m4?
Hope they are more dome shaped sound wise

Dec 15, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #311 of 6,244
Not going to try the m4.

After living with the A18t for a year, spending a week with the Elysium and now having the chance to try the m5, it’s honestly tough for me to not just mess with totl stuff.

:grimacing:

Dec 15, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #312 of 6,244
Not going to try the m4.

After living with the A18t for a year, spending a week with the Elysium and now having the chance to try the m5, it’s honestly tough for me to not just mess with totl stuff.

Id say you go with what you like.
Its not my first totl iem and headphones eather u know

Last year I praised empire ears phantoms so much, it was the best thing I ever heard. For a period of 1 year was wowed.
Until I got ier-z1r then 3 months later got tia trio and 2 weeks later oh dang I discovered Fir audio, oh well....

Keep changing and changing.

I never keep my stuff always resell and reupgrade.

Dec 15, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #313 of 6,244
Not going to try the m4.

Id be curious to see what you'd think of the M4s vs the A18ts. I haven't heard the M5, but I really like the
Not going to try the m4.

You should try them. The A18s I remember to be amazing, but the M4s just immerse you into the music like no other. I'd be curious to hear your comparison or from someone who has the A18s.

Dec 15, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #314 of 6,244
Id be curious to see what you'd think of the M4s vs the A18ts. I haven't heard the M5, but I really like the

You should try them. The A18s I remember to be amazing, but the M4s just immerse you into the music like no other. I'd be curious to hear your comparison or from someone who has the A18s.

I am also in the tour, will compare m4 m5 vs trio with wm1z.
My little voice telling me m4 will be my pick.
Cause I favor fun and musical signature. I am a no treble maniac

Dec 15, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #315 of 6,244
The A18s I remember to be amazing, but the M4s just immerse you into the music like no other. I'd be curious to hear your comparison or from someone who has the A18s.

What kind of music do you listen to, @eldss ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back