Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go.
Oct 5, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #1,276 of 1,423
  Funny anecdote from RMAF:  

Alex took one look at the DAC-19 and said "Why is it so big?"  lol

Did he listen to it? 
popcorn.gif

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #1,277 of 1,423

Did he listen to it? 
popcorn.gif

Honestly, I'm not sure.  @runeight, did you get a chance to hear it?  It's probably no competition with the $7k Cantata DAC.

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #1,278 of 1,423
Much as I hate to say, I didn't. Not because it was busy every second of the weekend, but because I just forgot to do it. Lot's of other things on my mind.....
ph34r.gif

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #1,279 of 1,423
Shame, would love to hear your impression with that combo also. But I'll end up with that combo eventually anyways since I trust Stillharts ears
smile.gif
 Already have the DAC 19.

Oct 5, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #1,280 of 1,423
  Much as I hate to say, I didn't. Not because it was busy every second of the weekend, but because I just forgot to do it. Lot's of other things on my mind.....
ph34r.gif

Probably partially due to how much time I spent talking to Alex and listening to every amp and headphone he had at his table, some multiple times. 

Thanks for your hospitality and friendship Alex and for making some kick-a** products. Eagerly awaiting my LC and very likely to be at the top of the list of LS buyers! 

Cheers 

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #1,282 of 1,423
ph34r.gif

How are things coming along on the LC front?

Oct 6, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #1,283 of 1,423
Shame, would love to hear your impression with that combo also. But I'll end up with that combo eventually anyways since I trust Stillharts ears:smile:  Already have the DAC 19.

You won't be disappointed :smiley:

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #1,285 of 1,423
  Shame, would love to hear your impression with that combo also. But I'll end up with that combo eventually anyways since I trust Stillharts ears
smile.gif
 Already have the DAC 19.

Don't pump up Dan's head any bigger than it already is, especially after his 1st place finish at the grand prix! 
evil_smiley.gif

Okay, so maybe I'm a little jealous. I barely made the top 25%, coming in 9th out of 36...

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #1,286 of 1,423
Shame, would love to hear your impression with that combo also. But I'll end up with that combo eventually anyways since I trust Stillharts ears:smile:  Already have the DAC 19.

So you end up getting Cavali Audio Liquid Carbon! Looks like a solid investment. Dont forget to share your listening experience with it :wink:
Good luck!

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #1,287 of 1,423
  Don't pump up Dan's head any bigger than it already is, especially after his 1st place finish at the grand prix! 
evil_smiley.gif

Okay, so maybe I'm a little jealous. I barely made the top 25%, coming in 9th out of 36...

Hey man, it could be worse; you could have been 2nd!  
very_evil_smiley.gif

On topic, I did make sure to mention to Dr. Cavalli that we're all still interested in a Cavalli DAC.  Right now he's focusing on getting the LC out the door and getting ready for the portable preorders (once the LC's are shipped).  After that, who knows?  I mean, besides Dr. Cavalli and @warrenpchi, treasel extraordinaire!

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #1,290 of 1,423
So this is a thing:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/754547/the-soekris-r-2r-dac-technical-details/75#post_11986593

I think this might just be the ultimate component for the LC and I believe it will hit all of the original posters list items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back