Finally!! the GS1000 is here :)
Oct 29, 2008 at 10:46 AM Post #76 of 91
What so I be expecting if Mullards and Smooth Plates Telefunken is to be used?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thought so, had one of the best results with it as well. You may want to try some NOS Mullards and Smooth plate Telefunken.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:07 PM Post #77 of 91
Smooth plated Telefunken is a bit warmer and Mullards known for their great midrange&velvety. The one of the best would be Mullard CV491, long plates, D shaped square getter

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What so I be expecting if Mullards and Smooth Plates Telefunken is to be used?

Oct 29, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #78 of 91
thanks for the input. i'll check out ebay for such mullard as it is not easy to get those off a store in malaysia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Smooth plated Telefunken is a bit warmer and Mullards known for their great midrange&velvety. The one of the best would be Mullard CV491, long plates, D shaped square getter

Oct 29, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #79 of 91
Gs1000 is my dream headphone too.I will get them probably next year,
Do you think My Earnax SE will a good match for gs1k?

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #80 of 91
I got the GS1000 today.
I bought second hand so there re about 500hrs on them.
I'm listenning to them now.
I feel that the sssss sound is a bit too harsh.
That's my feeling for the first five minutes.

Nov 15, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #81 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinisterm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone heard GS1K's with Melos SHA-1? I wonder how good they match, since I've read that Melos has a bit recessed mids..

Damn. I guess I'll pull the trigger for Trafomatic Head One..

They sound very good with the Melos. I prefer the Wooaudio 6 to all other amps though.

The melos does not bring out the midrange like the woo does, but it does keep everything tight and gives them plenty of current, so a good match

Nov 15, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #82 of 91
Maybe its your Stello and Silver IC...

Give them tubes and warmer IC, imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakmax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the GS1000 today.
I bought second hand so there re about 500hrs on them.
I'm listenning to them now.
I feel that the sssss sound is a bit too harsh.
That's my feeling for the first five minutes.

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #84 of 91
I thought I'd give an update on my GS1000's.I have around 100 hours on them and they have bloomed into a great headphone.I raced home from work today and almost got in an accident just to listen to these headphones.I listen to contempory jazz and with my tube amp it's like listening to liquid music in a good way.I really have nothing to nit pick about these phones.They portray the music as it's supposed to be heard.Tight bass,beautiful midrange and acoustics to die for.Oh,and the sound stage,Wow.Thanks Grado.

Nov 16, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #85 of 91
Glad they are working out for you. The will continue to get better. I've had mine for years and still love them
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #86 of 91
Old post I know. Co
beerchug.gif
ngrats , stick with em .

Dec 17, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #87 of 91
Hello, Light weight is important to me and I have been recommended the RS-1 and the GS1000. May I ask, just what do I gain by going from the RS-1 to GS 1000 ? Also, which of these two are less weighty ? The Grado website do not have weight specifications...

Dec 17, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #88 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, Light weight is important to me and I have been recommended the RS-1 and the GS1000. May I ask, just what do I gain by going from the RS-1 to GS 1000 ? Also, which of these two are less weighty ? The Grado website do not have weight specifications...

I have had both and the GS 1000 is the most comfortable of the 2 by far. The weight? I don't know in LBS. but they are almost weighless compaired to any other full size headphone,amazing in that regard!!

The RS-1 with the regular foam pads that come from grado are the next most comfortable, but the RS-1 sound better to my ears with the flat pads and they sit right on your ears, so they may rub on your inner and outer ear and provide real discomfort after extended listening, your ears may also still be sore from the day before. This was a problem for me.

Sound wise totaly different sound signatures. You almost need to go to a meet and hear them for your self.

Someone else can discribe the sound differances. I am not that good at discribing sound signatures.

Just a FYI, I am thinking of giving the GS 1000 another try but this time with a different cable and ballanced.

Anyone have any thoughts on this combo? I heard a set with my GO8 and my supra extreme XLR at a meet in NY.
But this was at a meet. Another problem was at that meet, there was one of only 2 or 3 original prototype GS 1000s. I forgot all about the Ballanced pair! They were that nice. I wish Grado would step up to the next level and release a limited edition of the prototypes with a nice cable and ballanced.

Dec 17, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #89 of 91
It was love at first listen for me,as i went to the only supplier in melbourne.
Originally was interested in 325i but i noticedthat they also had the GS1000.
The owner smiled,so after listening to the 325i ,he handed me these cans ...
it was wow - fuller - bigger like i was there source was carey 306 cd running through ss counterpoint amp.
Well even at $1300 i just had to have them, i was caught in their spell.
Counterpoint amp drives them well,but i think tube amp like the EAR 4 will just be transported into another world.

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #90 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by maguire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was love at first listen for me,as i went to the only supplier in melbourne.

Interesting. Whereabouts is this supplier?
I'm interested in trying out some grados to get a taste of the much talked about house sound.

(Can't PM you as it is off)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back