Finally!! the GS1000 is here :)
Oct 19, 2008 at 9:38 AM Post #46 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I could read about balancing the GS1000, they do not benefit that much from it.
But what I have expirianced is the re-cabled GS1000 and thats what make the sound quite different, more than 15% for sure... But all GS1000 that are going balance way, getting the new cable as well, so thats maybe why people think that balanced GS1000 sounds a lot different than SE.

Hmm... never thought about it that way. But it sounds reasonable.

Now I'm happy I went the tube way and not the balanced SS way.

gs1000.gif

Oct 19, 2008 at 9:44 AM Post #47 of 91
amm, I think the stock cable isn't bad at all!
I mean, it is thick and nice, I am really not sure that by replacing it you will get something better.
At most you will get trouble with replacing stock one (it isn't an easy task like replacing the HD650 one)

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:09 AM Post #50 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The nx33 amp has both se & balanced in&out . After listening to the 1k's se for a few months , I had them converted to balanced and feel there is a 15% improvement . imo

This is due to specific NX-33 circuitry. It uses just half of the amp to serve the jack output. My friend sold the NX-33 to get Yamamoto HA-02 and looks more happy with it, I guess over 15% with the 'phones untouched.

Oct 21, 2008 at 10:39 AM Post #51 of 91
I've been offered a brand new pair of GRADO GS1000 from a seller in my country for £500.

I have only ever had one pair of Grado's before which seems like years ago a pair of SR-225's which crucified my ears both audibly and painfully.

I know the GRADO GS1000 are in a different league but is the comfort also in a different league and is £500 a reasonable price to pay considering im in the UK.

Oct 21, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #52 of 91
Comfort is one of the best up there and sonically SR225 are just a faraway echo from GS1000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been offered a brand new pair of GRADO GS1000 from a seller in my country for £500.

I have only ever had one pair of Grado's before which seems like years ago a pair of SR-225's which crucified my ears both audibly and painfully.

I know the GRADO GS1000 are in a different league but is the comfort also in a different league and is £500 a reasonable price to pay considering im in the UK.

Oct 21, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #54 of 91
If you could send me your Pico to try then I could tell, but from Petite its not that special, however not bad to, but I never use them in my portable rig anyway...

Pico seems to have a VERY good DAC and GOOD headphone output and if the mids are full / upfront and the highs controlled than you may get a nice results as well.

Quote:

Do they need high end gear to shine or do they sound good from something like a Pico for example.

Oct 21, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #56 of 91
£500 sounds excellent price (assuming no import duty etc)! Especially in view of US price for GS1k is around US$1000 and £ is low at the moment (around US$860). If they have another pair and they take credit card I too will be interested!!

Oct 21, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #59 of 91
I've gone and pulled the trigger on a pair of Grado GS1000's from ebay.

The seller lives very close to me and I should have them sometime tomorrow.

Hes only had them for a month and they are in mint condition.

I got them for £450.

I hope im not disappointed
L3000.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #60 of 91
Quote:

I've gone and pulled the trigger on a pair of Grado GS1000's from ebay.

The seller lives very close to me and I should have them sometime tomorrow.

Hes only had them for a month and they are in mint condition.

I got them for £450.

I hope im not disappointed
L3000.gif

No way!
Just give them something like 50 to 100 hours to really burn in before revealing their sound.

Also - have a GREAT amp, it is really important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back