Finally!! the GS1000 is here :)
Oct 17, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #16 of 91
I need to try a pair of these. How much do they differ from the Grado house sound?

Oct 17, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #18 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by lacrossebowe8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need to try a pair of these. How much do they differ from the Grado house sound?

Amm, the GS1000 have much better sound stage.
Also,
They much more "easy" on the head, and has a better bass control I think.

Give it a try !

Oct 17, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #19 of 91
They are not compressed, regarding soundstage, having great instrument separation and detail, very deep and powerful bass, precise top end and mids. But above all that they are very musical and quite natural sounding headphones.
So, to find all this, complete, in any other Grado headphone, impossible. Partially, yes, but no way all in one and that's what make them TOP of their production line.
Personally, I never found them that much different from Grado sound signature. The main basics, all there, imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacrossebowe8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oct 17, 2008 at 9:14 AM Post #20 of 91
Yepp, you get all with them: bass, midrange (not exaggerrated), treble, spaaace, speed, dynamic and that fantastic air blow with each bass thump you won't experience from any other headphones - just due to the unique construction.

How long will it take for these to reach Poland from Singapore?? I'm getting impatient.
frown.gif

Oct 17, 2008 at 9:52 AM Post #21 of 91
The mids, using my Yoshino with Adzam (re-branded Mullard ) tubes at output, would blow any man brains away, imo.

Have send/received several times to/from Singapore. And if your customs aren't an huge issue then you may get within 7 business days. Other than that, 10-14...
In Holland, when I receive some shipping from U.S., customs can hold the package during 2 weeks without any reason, but usually takes up to 7-8 days plus shipping, which takes like 3-4... They check, or try to do so, almost every package these days, yeah, what can you do...

So, you bought GS1000?

Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yepp, you get all with them: bass, midrange (not exaggerrated), treble, spaaace, speed, dynamic and that fantastic air blow with each bass thump you won't experience from any other headphones - just due to the unique construction.

How long will it take for these to reach Poland from Singapore?? I'm getting impatient.
frown.gif

Oct 17, 2008 at 10:18 AM Post #22 of 91
The GS-1000 has eluded me and seems like a bit of an enigma, in particular to the high frequency performance (which my ears are extremely sensitive too). In particular, the reports by many of how natural and smooth they are, whilst others report on how they can be fatiguing/sibilant. Those reporting on the latter generally also feel a mid-frequency suckout....likely amp related (I believe they are very fussy)?

Oct 17, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #23 of 91
By trying GS1000, especially with the low volume level, your ears will not be even touched, imo. What you will get is music flooding, but not irritating/fatiguing, no way. Make sure that your source, at least, musical and not digital sounding one. From my experience with AKG K1000 I never thought they could be sibilant, ever, but pair them with wrong set up and they would sound like crap, so what we are talking about...

Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The GS-1000 has eluded me and seems like a bit of an enigma, in particular to the high frequency performance (which my ears are extremely sensitive too). In particular, the reports by many of how natural and smooth they are, whilst others report on how they can be fatiguing/sibilant. Those reporting on the latter generally also feel a mid-frequency suckout....likely amp related (I believe they are very fussy)?

Oct 17, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #24 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By trying GS1000, especially with the low volume level, your ears will not be even touched, imo. What you will get is music flooding, but not irritating/fatiguing, no way. Make sure that your source, at least, musical and not digital sounding one. From my experience with AKG K1000 I never thought they could be sibilant, ever, but pair them with wrong set up and they would sound like crap, so what we are talking about...

Sounds a lot like the only problems I have with my 325is.
smily_headphones1.gif
Give them a nice analog/high quality digital source, and they really sing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 17, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #25 of 91
I am really late with my source upgrade, but better so than never. Now I understand what others were saying, start with the source en then go further and I agree 100 %...

Oct 17, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #27 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well said

I still love these headphones. They respond well to tubes (maybe ss but I've never heard a solid match with that so far). The tubes kind of balance the sound out a bit. With the right set up these can perform up with the very best.

But most importantly it brings the music and musical intent to life unlike any other headphone I've heard. I don't feel like I'm staring at the music but understanding what it is saying if that makes any sense.

Oct 17, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #28 of 91
Sources like the MHDT Paradisea and Havana DACs fit the GS-1000 very well while they seem to sound "sibilant" with too sterile DACs like the Benchmark. I think they just reveal the "digitalness" of these DACs...

My Trafomatic Head One amp also fits the GS-1000 very well as it pushes the mids out a bit. When setting it from 30ohms to 100ohm output its mids get even stronger.
SinglePower and Woo6 amps seem to fit quite well too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back