Finally!! the GS1000 is here :)
Oct 17, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #31 of 91
It's definately not worse
biggrin.gif

They are of higher build quality of course, as you can expect at the much higher price point.

Oct 17, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #32 of 91
You guys make drooling for GS1K.
tongue_smile.gif

I love the colour my RS-1 with some recordings (older analog "darker" recording like Pink Floyd Meddle and DSOTM) but I find them too thin with other. Seems like the better bass, great soudstage and more polite mids maybe the audio nirvanna ticket for me.

Just wish they match well with my beta 22 and front end. And my B22 is a keeper, I will never let it go. Except if I build another (balanced) B22.

Keep this thread going so I could continue to dream...
gs1000.gif

Oct 18, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #34 of 91
I will hop on this GS1000 love boat. They are not perfect (hot sssss) but hands-down, the one can I would keep above all others that I have heard. I agree that they are particularly well-suited for jazz, vocals, classic but I think they handle my heavy rotation of rock and pop very well too. My favorite and most-played artists include Beck, Bjork, Prince, Talking Heads, Radiohead, PJ Harvey, and Macy Gray. And I will always choose the GS1000 over the others to listen to those. As much as I love good bass, I think the huge soundstage/headstage of the GS1000 is why it is hard for me to imagine not owning a pair, or even finding another can that I like better. The bass of the L3000 is truly sublime and completely outshines that of the GS1000. But, I am perfectly satisfied with what I have. It is tight, textured and super deep. I suspect the PS-1s will really hit the spot for me too, but at more than twice the price and second in terms of soundstage, I am fairly sure that I would stick with the GS1000. I also like that they do particularly well at low volumes. The sibiliance becomes insignificant, and for long-term listening sessions, low volume is the only sensible way to go. Money well-spent, but there are definitely a lot of very good cans out there that can be had for much cheaper. I think the K701 is a fantastic can and it can be puchased for $200 used these days.

Oct 18, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #36 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadLover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Beatles sure sound great with the GS1000 !!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh yeah. I will second that.

Oct 18, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #37 of 91
I also come to notice that Metal sound nice!
Like Grave Digger and so on
If you have a powerfull amp that can put on a lot of power on the BASS and a good CDP or DAC, than you should get a very nice bass and those double bass should be fine!

Oct 18, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #40 of 91
Love my balanced black dragon 1k's , nx33 and paradisea+ . For me , ss all the way . Next might be ps audio , it's balanced and ss . Solid state seems cleaner but less forgiving . Imo

Oct 18, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #42 of 91
Its the cable, needs more time to settle
wink.gif

About PS1, they are, PS1 and GS1000, are like brothers, imo. And I do believe GS1000 were based on PS1 signature.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gu Sensei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will hop on this GS1000 love boat. They are not perfect (hot sssss) but hands-down, the one can I would keep above all others that I have heard. I agree that they are particularly well-suited for jazz, vocals, classic but I think they handle my heavy rotation of rock and pop very well too. My favorite and most-played artists include Beck, Bjork, Prince, Talking Heads, Radiohead, PJ Harvey, and Macy Gray. And I will always choose the GS1000 over the others to listen to those. As much as I love good bass, I think the huge soundstage/headstage of the GS1000 is why it is hard for me to imagine not owning a pair, or even finding another can that I like better. The bass of the L3000 is truly sublime and completely outshines that of the GS1000. But, I am perfectly satisfied with what I have. It is tight, textured and super deep. I suspect the PS-1s will really hit the spot for me too, but at more than twice the price and second in terms of soundstage, I am fairly sure that I would stick with the GS1000. I also like that they do particularly well at low volumes. The sibiliance becomes insignificant, and for long-term listening sessions, low volume is the only sensible way to go. Money well-spent, but there are definitely a lot of very good cans out there that can be had for much cheaper. I think the K701 is a fantastic can and it can be puchased for $200 used these days.

Grave Digger? Didnt know that they still around, was long time ago when I listened to them for the last time
icon10.gif

Quote:

I also come to notice that Metal sound nice!
Like Grave Digger and so on
If you have a powerfull amp that can put on a lot of power on the BASS and a good CDP or DAC, than you should get a very nice bass and those double bass should be fine!

Oct 18, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #43 of 91
Quote:

amm, how much does balanced change things on them ?

The nx33 amp has both se & balanced in&out . After listening to the 1k's se for a few months , I had them converted to balanced and feel there is a 15% improvement . imo

Oct 18, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #44 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its the cable, needs more time to settle
wink.gif

Grave Digger? Didnt know that they still around, was long time ago when I listened to them for the last time
icon10.gif

Well
I love power metal from Germany
Like Gamma Ray
Hellowen
Grave Digger
And so on
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 19, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #45 of 91
From what I could read about balancing the GS1000, they do not benefit that much from it.
But what I have expirianced is the re-cabled GS1000 and thats what make the sound quite different, more than 15% for sure... But all GS1000 that are going balance way, getting the new cable as well, so thats maybe why people think that balanced GS1000 sounds a lot different than SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back