Oct 16, 2008 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91

HeadLover

1000+ Head-Fier
Can I be happy more than this ?!

Just got my "dream headphones" - the GRADO GS1000
biggrin.gif

Really and outstanding phones!
Straight out of the box, sound like "magic"

I am sure that by letting them "burn in" for some time, they will only get better!!

I love them, they are so much nicer on the head than other Grados!

Great phones

Now it is time to move forward to a Stax
dt880smile.png

Oct 16, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #5 of 91
Nice dude!

Oct 16, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #6 of 91
Congratulations! I'm jealous.

GS1000 are on my list of next higher step in my HP adventure. Denon D5000/D7000, JVC DX-1000 and perhaps Ultrasones Edition 9 are the others.

Do you use your GS1000 with SS or tube amp? I'm curious how they sound with a good SS amp like the beta 22.

Oct 16, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #7 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadLover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Straight out of the box, sound like "magic"

Heh, strange magic you have there mate. Meaning the over boomy bass and over sibling and harsh highs for the first ~50 hours.
evil_smiley.gif

After that they sure start to sound magical. The soundstage is unbelievable until you hear it, the bass goes so deep and is so detailed it's too kinda unbeliavable.. Keep getting these "wow"-effects on songs I've listened to hundreds of times with my 325i's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Tho can't recommend the Beresford DAC to pair with em, boosts bass a tad too much for my taste at least.

Grats on your purchase!
gs1000.gif

Oct 16, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #8 of 91
The GS-1000's are definitely a unique headphone. They don't have a very flat frequency response, so they get a lot of criticism, but imo, they are undoubtedly a serious pair of hi-fi headphones. The soundstage is unreal, and you don't need to crank the volume to hear everything (including the bass).

Oct 16, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #9 of 91
Are they worth it, I keep reading on here that the R80's are 90% of the RS1's. When I went from cheap headphones to a pair of HD 600's I got what I paid for, they didn't just sound better they were built better and you could hear that too.

With the cheap Grado's being so damn good, when you put these on do you just hear a better Grado sound or do you get that built like a tank as well feeling of value. The GS cost almost £600 in the UK.

Did that make sense?
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #10 of 91
I like to keep this thread going, more GS1000 love is a great thing. Not only because I love them, but simply that they deserve it, more than some overhype one. But most important thing is that new members choose and love them as well. So, to keep it in live, we need to come back up here and share our moments, imo...

Oct 16, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #11 of 91
love my gs1000... it has the most speaker-like bass of any headphones
i've tried to date... (senn600/650, akg701, denond5000, athw1000)
but it's more ideal for jazz and classical, especially classical... than
rock and pop... unless you have a very good recording, the highs
will sound harsh with redbook cds... not so with classical and jazz
cd recordings.

Oct 16, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #12 of 91
Its kind of funny, to read such post, not in sarcastic way, cos been writing this a lot to. And now I am bit closer to an source upgrade, which hopefully will change this forever...

Quote:

Originally Posted by takezo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
love my gs1000... it has the most speaker-like bass of any headphones
i've tried to date... (senn600/650, akg701, denond5000, athw1000)
but it's more ideal for jazz and classical, especially classical... than
rock and pop... unless you have a very good recording, the highs
will sound harsh with redbook cds... not so with classical and jazz
cd recordings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back