Final Thoughts: Sony MDR-XB1000 vs. Ultrasone Pro 900. Who is the Bass KING? ** Pictures **
May 2, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #31 of 138
May 2, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #32 of 138

The MSRP on the XB700 is $129.99, so I'm betting on $199.99 for the XB1000.  And out the gate, you know there won't be any deals...

Quote:
Quote:

They have been selling them for a few weeks now, at that price it may be worth the jump because I don't think the U.S. release is gonna be much cheaper, maybe around $200.

May 2, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #33 of 138
The MSRP on the XB700 is $129.99, so I'm betting on $199.99 for the XB1000.  And out the gate, you know there won't be any deals...

The XB1000 is attractive to a limited audience so if it lists at $199 there should be some good deals on Amazon and buy.com.

May 2, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #36 of 138
Eventually yes.  But initially, I guess sellers will go the route like the Beyerdynamic DT1350.  Amazon is selling these at list of $299 and not budging yet.  Another tempting set of cans for me, like the opposite of the XB1000

Quote:
Quote:

The XB1000 is attractive to a limited audience so if it lists at $199 there should be some good deals on Amazon and buy.com.

May 2, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #38 of 138
Quote:
Oh, just that American cars used to be made in America, not so much anymore. You know, Motown / Motor City, where the majority of American cars were manufactured.

Everything is outsourced these days, so "German" cans, from Ultrasone, to Sennheiser, or even Denon's (Japan) flagships, etc, are pretty much all made in China, like many many things.

That is incorrect.  The VAST majority of cars sold in the U.S. by American auto companies are made here.  In fact, foreign automakers like Toyota or Nissan for example, produce their cars for the North American market here as well(with some exceptions).  While it's true many consumer goods are made abroad, the automotive industry is a different sort of animal.

May 4, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #39 of 138
 Over the weekend I bought the XB1000's, and I haven't received them yet. Today, I just bought a pair of deep cup V3 Darth Beyers from another forum member. I will compare the 2 with my AH-D1100's when I receive them. As far as I know Darth Beyers haven't been compared to the XB1000's yet.

May 9, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #40 of 138
I greatly look forward to that comparison.

@OP, great review.  I love my Pro 900s, but am looking for an upgrade.  While the XB1000 might technically be a downgrade, as long as the sound better with electronica then it doesn't matter to me.  I really hope to try these out someday soon, as well as get another audition with the D7000s.  If you could, please tell me what you think of the bass impact on the XB1000s.  If they can indeed reach lower than the Pro 900s, I find that very impressive, but the Ultrasones hit harder than any other can I've ever heard.

Quote:
 Over the weekend I bought the XB1000's, and I haven't received them yet. Today, I just bought a pair of deep cup V3 Darth Beyers from another forum member. I will compare the 2 with my AH-D1100's when I receive them. As far as I know Darth Beyers haven't been compared to the XB1000's yet.

May 10, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #41 of 138

Quote:
I greatly look forward to that comparison.

@OP, great review.  I love my Pro 900s, but am looking for an upgrade.  While the XB1000 might technically be a downgrade, as long as the sound better with electronica then it doesn't matter to me.  I really hope to try these out someday soon, as well as get another audition with the D7000s.  If you could, please tell me what you think of the bass impact on the XB1000s.  If they can indeed reach lower than the Pro 900s, I find that very impressive, but the Ultrasones hit harder than any other can I've ever heard.

I posted this in another thread. Just my initial thoughts, I need to give the XB1000 more time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock134
I've been listening to my XB1000 (fresh out of box) and Pro900 (pretty burnt in) back to back for a bit. It's obvious even to a layman like me they have different presentations, but I'm struggling to adequately describe the differences in words.

My initial thoughts are that the Pro900 is more detailed in the highs and sounds more clear/transparent overall. The XB1000 sounds more spacious, but slightly muddy in comparison, maybe due to the smoother highs? As for the mids/vocals I'm really not sure how to describe what I'm hearing lol.

In the bass, the XB1000 seems softer. It's like being surrounded by a cloud of bass rather than the Pro900's more focussed, tight bass. The Pro900 definitely hits harder. For my genre tastes, the Pro900 is more suited to DnB with its powerful, fast bass whereas the XB1000 would be for dubstep due to it's slower more voluminous bass.

I think the XB1000 can be played slightly louder and for longer than the Pro900 before it would become fatiguing/headache inducing.

Take these impressions with a pinch of salt because I probably have no idea what I'm talking about! I've not started comparing the XB1000 to it's little brothers yet, but I will at some point. 

May 10, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #42 of 138
Does anyone have ANY idea of when these will be released in Europe? Let alone, Sweden?

What about dt770 pro vs xb1000? I've been wanting to get the dt770 but being a true basshead, the xb1000 looks very appealing. I'd truly appreciate a review between the two.

May 10, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #44 of 138
Thanks for the comparison 
beerchug.gif
 I suspected as much.  Still, these are very interesting to me and as long as they hit the U.S. with a reasonable price, I'm all over them.

Quote:

I posted this in another thread. Just my initial thoughts, I need to give the XB1000 more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back