Final Plans for Fall Chicago Meet/ Saturday October 25
Oct 18, 2003 at 11:48 AM Post #46 of 85
I secured the time with my wife so I'm definitely going to make it. A friend also wants to come along and couple of people from work expressed interest. All are looking to get in to the hobby (can sell them some used gear 'hint')
biggrin.gif

For now my list is:

Source:
NAD 521
+ MSB Link DAC III with upsampling upgrade

if anyone requests I can bring:
Sony D25s portable player
iPod 15gb gen3

Amps:
Sugden Headmaster
Corda HA-2 (still need to fix the input plugs)
Creek OBH-11 Special Edition

by request:
MG Head DT
HeadRoom Total AirHead

Cans:
Grado SR-325
Audio Technica W1000
Audio Technica A500
AKG 501
Senn 600 + Red Clou
Ultrasone HFI-650
Beyerdynamic 250-80 (Large4mat is brining it over)

by request:
Etymotic ER-6

Cables:
Outlaw ICs
Source power cable
Red Clou
Kimber Kable mini to mini

Other:
X-Feed MK4 (serial 0001)
biggrin.gif

I'm also working on getting sample cables from Moon Audio especially the new Sennheiser cables. Drew's last email was "Sounds Great" so I'm hoping
tongue.gif

Also I wanted to remind that last time at least I had trouble plugging in all the gear. I had a power strip but the outlet was a bit far, so I think its a good idea to bring over extension cables as well just in case.

Can't wait
tongue.gif

Oct 18, 2003 at 11:52 AM Post #47 of 85
If anyone could bring Sony MDR-CD3000, its in my crosshair
tongue.gif

Oct 18, 2003 at 4:19 PM Post #48 of 85
argh, i hate lost posts...

anyways, i had just finished typing that i am very glad that i checked this thread in time, and that this meet is really making my month off in evanston worth it.

i've sold off a lot of my gear, and have a hold on buying new stuff until my paychecks start rolling in. but i'll be sure to bring the following items that are still in my posession:

headphones
sony mdr-v6
sony mdr-ex70
koss portapro

sources
panasonic sl-ct470
usb 2496 audiophile w/ laptop

i'm looking forward to meeting everyone, and perhaps to becoming converted into a vinyl junkie.

Oct 19, 2003 at 2:20 PM Post #49 of 85
I have a Stan Warren modded Teac cd carousel that I am happy to bring for use as a source. I can pack a variety of interconnects as well, DH Labs, Kimber PBJ, homebrew Berktech. Still working out the logistics from Madison but shooting to get there early.

Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
[size=medium]WE NEED SOURCES IN A BIG WAY[/size]

If you have a source,please bring it.

Oct 19, 2003 at 5:18 PM Post #50 of 85
It's 99 and 44/100ths % certain that I will be coming, and will bring the following:

nOrh SE9 tube amp
AKG K1000
MSB Gold Link III DAC
Elite DV-47Ai with MSB Network (192k upsample) mods

If needed, I can bring my ADCOM 575. Hey, it's a source....

Oct 19, 2003 at 9:10 PM Post #51 of 85
I'm navigating for rando - so I'll be there. rando - pick your time to leave . . . I'll call you Monday to finalize proceedings!

I'm not much help on sources - mine are cheap! I can bring the Sony NS500/DIO/Corda blue if anyone's interested. Oh, I've got an old Marantz 1066 on my MMF-5 too. It's heavy, I will ony bring it if someone replies they're interested.

Oct 20, 2003 at 1:19 AM Post #53 of 85
I want to thank you guys for picking up some of the slack and getting gear for the meet. I have been super busy and was not able to contact some of the vendors to borrow gear. I heard from a cable maker today and he says he was contacted by two Chicago area head-fiers to get gear for the meet. That's cool and I really appreciate you guys stepping up.

I have to admonish you all to be very careful about how you use the Head-fi name when borrowing gear. If you borrow gear for the meet you have to be responsible for it and you can't imply that you are borrowing gear on behalf of Head-fi,Jude or any other member. You can mention the meeting,link to this site and thread,drop my name if you need to, but you absolutely cannot claim yourself to be a representative or agent of Head-fi. If you need to have a vendor contact me feel free to do so and I will talk to them and/or return any and all emails. This is serious and we gotta keep this stuff above board.

Oct 20, 2003 at 10:24 PM Post #55 of 85
All of you who have mentioned sources you can bring,please do. If we need more room we can add tables an/or get second,adjacent room.

We have the Moon Audio HD600 cables coming as well as a bunch of their interconnects and Power cords.

We will also have the Zucable HD 600 cables coming so be sure to bring your Senn HD600/580 if you want to tray the latest cables. Of course we'll have the Clou Red and Blue and well as the Cardas and Stefan Audioart Equinox cables.

I'll update the gear list later tonight when things slow down here a bit.

Oct 21, 2003 at 11:56 PM Post #56 of 85
Well,

We are not going to do food and drinks. The catering manager won't cut me a deal without a bar and I absolutely can't do a bar if even one minor attends. This is a big deal here in Chicago and if anything goes wrong I could just read the headlines "Firefighter Serves Drinks to Minors In fatal Accident". No thanks, and sorry about that.

Most of the vendors providing gear for the meet have agreed to offer specials for meet attendees. We have to do a guestbook this time to confirm your attendance at the meet but it will be worth some good discounts on orders placed after the meet at vendors like Zucable,Moonaudio,Decibel Audio,Head-fi member and audio dealer ToddR and Todd the Vinyl Junkie. I'll talk to Dr.Meier to see if he is going to extend any deals but I'm sure he's on board as well. Of course Ray Samuels will be there and we have already discussed possible introductory/preorder pricing on the new Tube preamp. I'll also talk to Headroom about meet special pricing before saturday.

Oct 22, 2003 at 1:40 AM Post #57 of 85
Here is what I am sending to the meeting in Chicago. Then they will head on to the NY Meeting and then the headphone cables will go to Jude for review.

3-4' Blue Dragon Power Cords. Say 2 for the Headroom and 1 for another amp.
1-4' Red Dragon Power Strip. This is just a Green Dragon design with red jacket instead of green.
1-3' Silver Dragon Interconnects rca
1-3' Silver Dragon Interconnects xlr
1-10' Blue Dragon Stereo 1/4" Headphone Cable
1-10' Blue Dragon Balanced 1/4" Headphone Cable
1-10' Silver Dragon Stereo 1/4" Headphone Cable
1-10' Silver Dragon Balanced XLR Headphone Cable
1-1.5' Silver Dragon Mini to rca Cable
1-1.5' Blue Dragon Mini to rca Cable

Wish I could go but I found out about it a little to late. I'm throwing together some literature, business cards and a sign up sheet for discounts for individuals that went to the meeting. I didn't have time to make mass copies of the literature. So everyone will need to share. It might be a good idea to hit my website before you go.
Thanx again Fred.
Drew Baird
Moon Audio
1008 Antler Court
Apex, NC 27502
(919)649-5018
Email: drubrew@bellsouth.net
Webpage: http://www.moon-audio.com

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Oct 22, 2003 at 2:09 AM Post #58 of 85
Well, I suppose I'll make an actual list of what I'm bring to help Tube when he makes his final list:

Headphones:
Stax SR-404
Sennheiser HD600's with Cardas replacement cable.

Amps:
Stax SMR-313

Source:
Modded Music Hall MMF CD-25.

Cables:
Magwire Ultras, Magwire (buck)Nakeds.

Oct 22, 2003 at 11:40 PM Post #59 of 85
Alright, i recieved the cables from eric, so they'll now be there for sure, and based on the listening i've done so far they seem like winners, but i'll let you guys try 'em out for yourself at the meet

Oct 22, 2003 at 11:59 PM Post #60 of 85
Allright!
My shipment from Cardas came today!
biggrin.gif
So, I will be able to bring the following Cardas Products:

Neutral Reference
Cross
Quadlink 5C
Microtwin 300B
Headphone Cables
RCA Caps

I will also bring a couple of Harmonic Technology Fantasy AC 10 power cords.

Gear coming will be:
Headroom Maxed Out Home
Supermini amp
3rd gen iPod
Cary 303/100 CD player
Sennheiser 600's
Sennheiser PX 100's
Etmotic ER-4P (and P to S adapter)
Koss 35's

Might also be brining one of my boys.
Sombody's got to help me carry all this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back