Final Plans for Fall Chicago Meet/ Saturday October 25
Oct 14, 2003 at 10:14 PM Post #31 of 85
Okay, my job needed 60 days advance notice of a vacation or request off.
frown.gif
So, I may or may not make the meet.

I will let you know by this Friday.

Alternatively, I could call off sick...
tongue.gif

Oct 15, 2003 at 2:18 AM Post #33 of 85
Quote:

Originally posted by Born2bwire
I think I'll bring the Sota Star Turntable and the Project Audio System Phono Box. I'll be short IC's though. But seeing as how Todd is bringing his tools.... *cough* *cough*.

Oh no,
What have I got myself into?
600smile.gif

I'm sure I can dig up an extra hunk of wire or 2 to bring along if you need it.

Oct 15, 2003 at 2:30 AM Post #34 of 85
Relax, i've got an extra set of outlaws that i'll gladly bring to try out your gear with.

One quick question, unrelated to the meet: Does the MMF 5 have it's cable attached via DIN? I've looked at the plug, but it's kinda strange, i'm not sure what to make of it

Oct 15, 2003 at 4:43 AM Post #35 of 85
Just to clarify......EVERYONE is invited. I would love to have anyone thinking of dropping in from outside the area or considering bringing a guest. There should be plenty of room and more than enough gear.

I'm still needing interconnects. I have put the word out and hopefully some of cable makers are interested in sending stuff. I have received a few audition samples but the cables guys are notoriously stingy about loaning out gear. We'll try to change that a bit and hopefully get them to send stuff to some of the other meets as well. If any of you guys has a contact with any cable makers I would be more than grateful to get some samples for the meet.

Oct 15, 2003 at 11:04 AM Post #36 of 85
Quote:

Originally posted by Ebonyks
Relax, i've got an extra set of outlaws that i'll gladly bring to try out your gear with.

One quick question, unrelated to the meet: Does the MMF 5 have it's cable attached via DIN? I've looked at the plug, but it's kinda strange, i'm not sure what to make of it

Hey Pete,
No the MMF-5's cable is hardwired. There is a plug in the base of the tonearm with solder tabs where the thin tonearm wires join the heavier gage wire for the interconnect.

Oct 17, 2003 at 11:41 AM Post #38 of 85
Quote:

Originally posted by Todd R
Is anyone bringing a camera?

I will

Oct 17, 2003 at 11:47 AM Post #40 of 85
I suggested this before, what do you guys think about name tags with head-fy name and real name?

Oct 17, 2003 at 10:04 PM Post #41 of 85
I'll bring the name tags again but nobody seemed to want to use them last time.

I guess we don't have to do the gear list this time but it might be a good idea to let folks know what's coming. I'll post some stuff now:

Amps:

Headroom Blockhead
Headroom Max w/Stepped attenuators
Headroom Cosmic w/reference module
Headroom Little More Power
Ray Samuels XP-7
Meier Audio Prehead LM Chip
Meier Audio HA-2
Meier Audio HA-1 MKII
Meier Audio Porta Corda 1
Singlepower Supra
Singlepower PPX3
JMT Meta 42 Maxed
JMT PPA
Fisher 400

Phones:
Senn HD600 W/Equinox
Senn HD600 w/balanced Cardas for Blockhead
AKG K1000
AKG K271 Studio
Beyer DT880
Beyer DT931
Philips HP910
Grado RS80
Koss KSC35
Koss KSC50
Grado RS1 w/balanced cable for Blockhead

I'm still working on cables but we should have the new Zu Cable for the HD600 and the Stefanaudioart for the AKG 271s.

I'll add all you guys' stuff later today.

Oct 17, 2003 at 10:06 PM Post #42 of 85
[size=medium]WE NEED SOURCES IN A BIG WAY[/size]

If you have a source,please bring it.

Oct 18, 2003 at 5:37 AM Post #44 of 85
I posted a couple of days ago that I might not be able to make the meet. Well, guess what? Luck IS on my side. I am scheduled off for next Saturday, the day of the meet. But I have to work on Friday night. So, I definitely will make the meet, though I might show up late.

Oct 18, 2003 at 11:25 AM Post #45 of 85
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
I'll bring the name tags again but nobody seemed to want to use them last time.

biggrin.gif
did not know we had name tags
biggrin.gif
well if maybe a few people put them on then others will feel like they should... its not a big deal but I think its better then asking everyone who they are

Users who are viewing this thread

Back