Final choice: CAL! or SONY MDR-ZX-700?
Mar 30, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #18 of 26
Hi again. I didn't start this thread so I am not interested in the CAL. I have ordered the Sony without really testing them so I have two questions. The first one is about whether the fit and feel comfortable around the neck and the second is about sound leak. Any feedback on them will be highly appreciated.

Mar 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #19 of 26
I just tested mine around the neck and it's pretty comfortable  because of it's thin design. The cups isolate very well and you'll find that most reviews will say the same.

Quote:
Hi again. I didn't start this thread so I am not interested in the CAL. I have ordered the Sony without really testing them so I have two questions. The first one is about whether the fit and feel comfortable around the neck and the second is about sound leak. Any feedback on them will be highly appreciated.

Mar 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #20 of 26
Great. Thank you. I am traveling a lot (mainly flying) so I need them to feel comfortable over the ears but also around the neck, isolate well and leak minimum. One more thing. What carrying case do you use for them?

Mar 30, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #21 of 26
They don't fold so I don't know how you would carry them...maybe buy a case of some kind. I don't take it outside so I just leave it on a headphone stand.

Quote:
Great. Thank you. I am traveling a lot (mainly flying) so I need them to feel comfortable over the ears but also around the neck, isolate well and leak minimum. One more thing. What carrying case do you use for them?

Mar 30, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #24 of 26

Quote:

Seems kinda weird you'd ask these questions after you've already ordered them. Just wait till you get them then tell Head-fi of your findings.

Mar 31, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #25 of 26
For sure I will post also my feedback. Unfortunately before ordering them I couldn't try them (actually I couldn't try anything in my city) so I based my decision on reviews I found on the internet and also on the fact that I really like the look of them. Plus they are not so expensive. Anyway I know that they are not the most portable set but I hope they will do the job. In any case once I receive them next week I will also post my feedback.

Apr 9, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #26 of 26
Hi. I return back as promised with my review.

These are great headphones. They isolate external sounds well under the condition that you hear also music but not necessarily high. A 30 to 50% should be enough to isolate almost everything. Without music playing they just reduce external sound but not that much. Sound leakage is minimum. With maximum volume they barely leack any music so they are great for times and places were you don't want other people to be disturbed your music. Comfort is also excellent but they do look big on your head eventhough they are really light.

So why not 5 stars? First of all they don't fold at all and they also don't come with a case or pouch. An extension cord is also not supplied.Would I recommend them? For people who need a portable solution with great comfort and isolation and with minimum leakage these are great.

PS. They are not so comfortable around the neck but OK for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back