FINAL BATTLE- MD33 Vs. EX71 Vs. HJE50 (PLEASE HELP)
May 1, 2005 at 1:43 AM Post #46 of 61
good idea with the shuffle thing! And yeah, i guess(and hope) it wont damage my player. Cept that its battery powered, so ill prolly have to use up 2 batteries, its ok though.

May 1, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #47 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richteralan
Hm...you said from your experience that panasonic is more natural on instruments? Then you said you don't listen to any classical with your panasonic?

I am in conservatory and I believe I perfectly know how an instrument should sound like in good players' hand. Unfortunately HJE50 is not the case.

I have many vocal tracks with instrumentals, that aren't classical songs. And no, I don't listen to any classical with my HJEs.

I didn't say that HJEs sounded good for instruments in general. I believe I said they sounded good in comparison to the EXs.

May 1, 2005 at 4:16 PM Post #48 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
I have many vocal tracks with instrumentals, that aren't classical songs. And no, I don't listen to any classical with my HJEs.

I didn't say that HJEs sounded good for instruments in general. I believe I said they sounded good in comparison to the EXs.

That's what I've hoped they sound better than exs at first.
Then it turned out not that case.

May 1, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #49 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richteralan
That's what I've hoped they sound better than exs at first.
Then it turned out not that case.

in your opinion. other people disagree with you

May 1, 2005 at 7:36 PM Post #50 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
in your opinion. other people disagree with you

Thats the cool thing about this forum... everyone has a unique opinion
biggrin.gif

Just like I don't like the Panasonic house sound, and - from my few brief listens, I don't like the Sony R10, Audio Technica W2002, Grado HP1 - or even the new Grado PS1... whereas others consider these top level 'phones to be the best there is...

The EX81 is definetly going up and up in my estimation... it wouldn't surprise me to find out that someone from Sony has read this forum and copied down peoples dislikes of the EX71s... it does seem that the improvements mirror the downsides of the 71s...

May 1, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #51 of 61
i have the hje50s and md33s. difference is not that big, the panasonics has slightly less bass but slightly more treble.

this difference means that the md33s are more musical/fun/enjoyable/, but both are very good.
I love my md33s though, I never get tired listening to music with them.

May 2, 2005 at 12:52 AM Post #52 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
The EX81 is definetly going up and up in my estimation... it wouldn't surprise me to find out that someone from Sony has read this forum and copied down peoples dislikes of the EX71s... it does seem that the improvements mirror the downsides of the 71s...

I haven't heard the ex-81 yet, but I'm beginning to like the EX-71 more and more. When I've gone for a long walk these past few days, I find myself reaching for the EX-71 instead of the Panasonics, Sharps, Shures or Etys. The midrange is pretty much non-existent, but the highs have been tamed considerably by use of the Pocketamp v2, which also tightens up the bass considerably.
I fear I'm becoming a basshead.........and liking it!
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #55 of 61
icon10.gif
three weeks? after I make similar post...... anyway I'm happy with my final choice of the Panasonic's. Better sound than Sony's - non of that "heightened", exaggerated even, bass. Although I swapped tips with Sony's to get a better fit. Was left to wonder about comments that Sharp is the best of the lot.

Oh well. I'll be comforted when I can afford E3c's in 4 weeks

May 2, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #56 of 61
So the panasonics arnt comfortable??? Well, I dont mind the Mx400 when everyone else says they are really comfortable. I hope the Panasonics turn out good. They are arriving tommorow of Wednesday btw

May 3, 2005 at 2:28 AM Post #57 of 61
You've probably seen my thread about the MD33s. Are you still getting the Panasonic. Can't remember how the Panas. are designed, but the Sharps has one earphone cable longer than the other (to put behind your neck). For some people, they prefer to have even length cable.

I'm enjoying the MD33s, so much so that I haven't even touched my other phones (not even to compare). The Bass is good especially on the rap song I'm listening to (J Wess). MP3s comes out worst depending on the encoding (which is what some people want for honest sounding music).

I saw a lot of in ear phones in Tokyo including the new ones from Sony and AT, but in the end I went with the MD33s simply because its been touted a lot more on forums like this one than the other brands.

And I got them pretty cheap so didn't break any bank this time
eggosmile.gif

May 3, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #58 of 61
Gouki: Man it sure seems there are a lot of us in Japan. Any headfiers in Osaka, though? I think I am the same way with my Panasonics: happy enough with them to not bother trying anything else. Anything else that is cheap that is. Besides, do you really need 3 pairs of cheepy headphones when you have one you're happy with? Of course if we're talking expensive headphones, you need all the different pairs your wallet will dare allow.
icon10.gif
(we really need an audio technica smiley up in here.)

May 3, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #59 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by llbluell
So the panasonics arnt comfortable???

They are totally fine, to me at least.
I find that the physical parts in contact with your ears (the tips) can be easily changed anyway, and for a very cheap price, so comfort really is not a big issue.
The tips of the 3 buds mentioned here are exchangeable as well, so if you get more than one of them, just stick in the most comfortable tips of your choice
smily_headphones1.gif

Just to excite you a little... what I really liked about the Panasonics is their performance on Rock music. Guitars sound really good on these, and with clarity. Yes, the tone is coloured and very unnatural, but it makes the phones "fun", at least with many Rock pieces.

If you have never owned a piece of really good quality buds, chances are, you're gonna be very happy with these.

May 3, 2005 at 5:46 AM Post #60 of 61
Do the pana's have substantially more bass impact than the MX-450's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back