Final announce new LAB II and F7200 earphones
Jun 2, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #51 of 86
I have both VIII AND Lab1. Lab1 is more extended due to dual drivers, it's like a refined version of the VIII to me, more balance and a bit more air. It is lighter and smaller as well but doesn't fit quite as comfortably as the VIII. Definitely a step up in my book, your mileage may vary.

Jun 2, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #52 of 86
Thanks dallan....i currently have the Cayin N6 but will probably pick up the Fiio X7 with amp2....

My Heaven VIII's are not fully broken in yet but the bass has deifinitely appeared now ....i do think it has

a very good amount of air but that varies from song to song...they are warm and intimate (analogue) and not as mid-centric as the Heaven VI

which dap(s) did you like using the most with yours?

Jun 2, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #53 of 86
I use an ak120 with the Mojo or Hugo in line. Yea the VIII is warmer than the lab1. Just seems that the lab1 sows the limitations of the others due to them only having the single ba. Otherwise I wouldn't notice LIMITS from my fibass or the VIII. I could be happy with any of them and given the day I will say "this is the best" to whatever I am using. I've done it often:wink:

Jun 6, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #54 of 86

No impressions worth sharing. If you`ve ever tried the Pianoforte series, you`ll know why: they don`t seal, and this one is even partially open - some of the gaps in the titanium lattice shell go right through to the driver.  They are designed to replicate speaker imaging; and definitely need a quiet environment.  The yen price they quoted me was less than those pound and dollar figures you mentioned, and at only 200 units they will sell out probably instantly in Japan.  Then likely descend into quasi-myth like the Lab 1 . . . .  

Beautiful pieces of engineering, though. 

When the Lab 1 was released (circa 2014) Final claimed only 150 pieces were available. The Lab 1 is still difficult to get, but there have been several additional "production runs"  making it not so rare. So it may be hard to get the Lab 2's at first, but there will be more than 200 made and sold, if the demand is there. They will be hard or impossible to get the first run, but I will read the reviews and wait, and I am willing to be that I will be able to get a pair later, if the reviews justify the price.

Jun 7, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #55 of 86
  Don't expect any warm or V-shaped sound. Balanced armatures this small often can't push out enough air for some serious bass quantity. I'm guessing somewhere flat or mid-centric.

i dont think you dont know what final can do with BAs 
tongue.gif

Jun 7, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #56 of 86
 ​

​

The F7200 will be available in July 2016, alongside two other models, the F4100 and F3100 at a range of affordable price points.​

ok ill take one for the team. F7200 is supposed to be around £330 right? which places in the UK will stock them on release in july?

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #59 of 86

ok ill take one for the team. F7200 is supposed to be around £330 right? which places in the UK will stock them on release in july?

gotta demo it too when it is in my local store and will provide my impressions.
fad always delivers
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back