Final announce new LAB II and F7200 earphones
Jan 23, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #76 of 86
I'm after the LAB 2 cable, i've seen them avaiable for about USD 256, I need this for my Beyerdynamic Xelento, it has a MMCX connector with a small head, one of the few I found that doesn't ruin the looks of the Xelento, just not sure about the SQ of the cable.

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #77 of 86
@kms108 I have this cable and am very happy about it.
Bought it for my Edition 5 headphones. It has very visibly upgraded the depth of the soundstage and the overall culture of sound reproduction, compared to the stock cable by Ultrasone, and also confirmed strongly by my friend in a quick A/B test.
It also looks very nice, doesn't tangle at all, quality is superb (also of the mmcx connectors - no more disconnection problems since I have it, and there WERE problems before...), it also looks great with my Edition 5, which I was afraid of, to be honest.
Strong recommendation. Worth the money. 
PS
Bought this cable because I have Lab2, the only one piece in my country:)

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #78 of 86
Thanks for the reply, I have the new Xelento, and the stock cable is total crap, when I got it there were crackly in the Right side, I though it was just a loose plug in, then it returned again, on the four day took it to the sole agent and got a new cable, just the same whiles test it there, then I noticed the PVC sleeve comming out of the rubber cap that covers the MMCX, they actually blame me for the damage whiles I was there in front of them testing it, got a third cable, no crackly but the left is slightly loose than the right, and they actualy did a careful inspection of the cable, thinking I will have no chance getting away if the cable was damage. Tried my sony kimber Kable and another sony cable, both work with the xelento, and pretty tight, so its the cable problem.

Anyway forget all that and im looking for a custom cable, but the connection point on the Xelento is rather small, and getting a cable with a small MMCX isn't easy, although during my visit to china, I will pickup a good selection of MMCX plugs and do a mod to the stock cable, and I came across the final lab 2 cable, though it was a custom one, looks good and the head is rather small, and flexible enough to put around my ears, I'm more into vocal being sharp and a natural sound, and no increase in bass, what is the cost of your cable, I see them for USD 256.  

One more question, the clear transparent sleeve just pass the brass part that holds the cable, is that flexible.

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #79 of 86
Yep, it's flexible, but not very much. Overall the cable is pretty strong / stiff. The sleeve is a bit flexible, but not very much. 

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #81 of 86
Has anyone managed to get aftermarket cables for the F-series? They have these angled MMCX connectors I haven't seen before. The stock cable is very microphonic.

Jaben hk has the stock cable, for about USD 245, if you are after angled mmcx cables, they are not easy to get, your only options is DIY, angled MMCX connectors are available pretty cheap.

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #82 of 86
Does anyone know what the price was on the LAB II in the US? Also, any word whether another production run is happening?

Mar 9, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #83 of 86
  Does anyone know what the price was on the LAB II in the US? Also, any word whether another production run is happening?

From what I've read elsewhere, $4k+ and no more.

Mar 10, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #84 of 86
They are still available in Hong Kong at HKD29998 (USD3860), although they are limited, shure and custom made IEM are more popular, those are the main ones I see more people wear.

Jul 22, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #85 of 86
LAB2 seems to be still available in Japan direct Final store. So it wasn't so limited after all, to 200 pcs like they said. Still, a legendary headphone to me and I greatly recommend them.

One note about the cable though. Upgrading to FORZA Noir Hybrid (balanced) made them pretty much a desktop headphone (they fall out with such a heavy cable). But the sound became crazy... headphone disappeared, I'm floating in the music, an overwhelming ultra-holography.

Second note on the silver Final cable. You can take the plastic sleeves off with a knife and a bit of work. It makes them lie better in the ear, and I recommend doing this. Be patient and don't cut the cable off :wink:

Jul 22, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #86 of 86
LAB2 seems to be still available in Japan direct Final store. So it wasn't so limited after all, to 200 pcs like they said. Still, a legendary headphone to me and I greatly recommend them.

One note about the cable though. Upgrading to FORZA Noir Hybrid (balanced) made them pretty much a desktop headphone (they fall out with such a heavy cable). But the sound became crazy... headphone disappeared, I'm floating in the music, an overwhelming ultra-holography.

Second note on the silver Final cable. You can take the plastic sleeves off with a knife and a bit of work. It makes them lie better in the ear, and I recommend doing this. Be patient and don't cut the cable off :wink:
Do you have any photo's of the cable without the sleeve.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back