Final A8000 Beryllium Diaphragm Dynamic IEM Comments and Impressions
Mar 24, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #436 of 817
I've had the A8000s for two weeks now continually burning them in first with the RME ADI-2 DAC and now my newly acquired DX300. With the DX300, the sound is omg spectacular! Tons of tonal richness, dimensionality, superb levels of detail, speed, coherence, nuance, and instrument separation. The A8000s to me have truly redefined what IEMs are capable of these days! I can actually sense, place, and pick out where voices and instruments/elements are coming from; either from behind me, to the right and left, diagonally in all directions, or placed in front of me, and often this is happening all at once with remarkable coherence and speed. It's astounding. I've never been a soundstage buff, but these things are slowly starting to convert me. I've noticed the A8000s are chameleon-like in their presentation in that if the voices are up close and intimate in the recording, it shows that very well, and if they're very distant, slightly distant, or "normal", it shows that very well too. Basically it shows you a true reflection of the recording and how it was mastered, rather than having the kind of one-note characteristic of being "forward" or "slightly recessed" when describing not only the midrange, but the other elements that comprise the overall sound signature. So with this in mind, a lot of songs can sound different and vary in presentation in these respects, even ones you've listened to a million times. I'm only about 100 hours in with the DX300 and it continues to astonish me with the A8000.

Edit: Apparently my A8k still wasn't fully burned in when I wrote all that. After spending more time with it, I've come to realize it really is pretty forward in the mids, especially with my new Silvergarde SX 8-wire cable from Norne Audio. The "chameleon-like presentation" and other bs doesn't apply any longer.

DX300_finalA8000(1).jpg

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #437 of 817
I am using that same combo, along with an Eletech Fortitude ciopper cable with the 300-8000 combo. It is like having an open window to the music. Don't blame the windex if upi don't like your neighbor's shrubs! lol

Mar 24, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #438 of 817
Hey man! You sold me your Violectric V280 way back in like 2017! How's it going? lol. I've checked out the Eletech cables, they seem well built and reasonably priced. I love their logo; you can spell out "Eletech" from the symbols lol.
Were you making a joke about how reflective the surfaces of the A8000 and DX300 are? Cuz using Windex on them doesn't seem like a bad idea lol

Mar 24, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #439 of 817
Oh nm, it was because you said It's like having an open window into the music and that the neighbor's shrub was a metaphor for sound quality.. dunno

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #440 of 817
I can actually sense, place, and pick out where voices and instruments/elements are coming from; either from behind me, to the right and left, diagonally in all directions, or placed in front of me, and often this is happening all at once with remarkable coherence and speed. It's astounding.
100% agreed. The A8000 might replace my HD800S for gaming - which is incredible. Localization with the A8000 is nearly as good as with the Sennheiser - and that means a lot since it is one of the best for that.

Mar 24, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #441 of 817
100% agreed. The A8000 might replace my HD800S for gaming - which is incredible. Localization with the A8000 is nearly as good as with the Sennheiser - and that means a lot since it is one of the best for that.
Ya it definitely makes sense to use these for gaming now that I think about it! I'd like to try playing Battlefield 5 or 4 with these

Mar 24, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #444 of 817
Let me know what you think. I just played some CoD and could hear people trample on the floor above me. PS: BF4 is my all time favorite.
Same here!! But honestly I kinda stopped playing games after I started sucking and getting killed all the time. There are some really good players out there. Now and then I would have the highest kill count at the end, which is all that mattered to me really, but nowadays it's more about other things depending on which game mode you're in. Now to me, it's all about maximizing my audio setups and listening to music all day. I'm getting to be an old fart that can't play games worth sh**

Mar 24, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #445 of 817
the 'Viol' in 'Violectric' takes the place of the 'viol' in 'violence' for your gaming needs?!

Mar 24, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #448 of 817
It's a pun, and i took pun-etic license with it...... LOL. Looks like a thread of folks who have bouoght and/or sold stuff to each other.......

Mar 24, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #449 of 817
It's a pun, and i took pun-etic license with it...... LOL. Looks like a thread of folks who have bouoght and/or sold stuff to each other.......
Yeah, I got that. Mine was also tongue-in-cheek, one could with a lot of bad will label Battlefield as heading in a slightly harsh direction. But only a little.

Haha, and yes, it is a trading thread here, lol.

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #450 of 817
I am so totally not a gamer, that your joke went completely over my head..... I vaguely remember Leasure Suit Larry though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back