Final A8000 Beryllium Diaphragm Dynamic IEM Comments and Impressions
Nov 29, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #811 of 817
Anyone selling a Final x Dita Kangen?

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 29, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #812 of 817
Ostry C100/200/300
I only recently purchased these and feel like they do reel in the treble but sacrifice some of the clarity and incisive magic. received the tanchjim T-APB T300B at the same time and find them excellent at smoothing some peaks while retaining the standout characteristics. Also as of late I've been unexpectedly loving the A8000 on my tube/hybrid amps, huge stage

Nov 29, 2023 at 11:51 PM Post #814 of 817
As for the Ostry, they were my best fit overall, but as you mention, they « sacrifice ». I would say it was like the sound was quieter (same volume pot level), a tad muffled.
I had high hopes after reading about people doubling up on the filters to tame the treble but as you said the result was a muffled sound. at least they were cheap. The azla max tips were better. after some more tip rolling tonight I'm back to the divinus velvets being my favorite for both comfort and sound. I've got some eletech baroque and azla crystal tips on the way because I love spending money unnecessarily

Nov 30, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #815 of 817
Well, Crystal didn't do it for me. Neither Divinus Velvet unfortunately... and as Eletech are very alike the Divinus from what I gathered, I didn't dare spending unnecessarily in them knowing fully well they won't fit me.
Although I'm more than happy to have your impression. If they do something just a little better than the Divinus, then, why not try?

Jan 20, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #816 of 817
I just received the A8000 in a trade (for the Z1R) and have had them in my ears for just over an hour straight. I'm using them on the Go Blu with the bass boost on. These are impressive. I don't find the treble to be harsh, just very present and detailed. One song there was sibilance. Will try the Ares II cable on them and tip roll as well but I was nervous for a bit that the treble would really bother me, but I guess I am not overly sensitive to treble even though I can hear pretty high frequencies. Going to listen to these for some more hours and tip roll as well and get a solid impression of them.

Jan 22, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #817 of 817
I just received the A8000 in a trade (for the Z1R) and have had them in my ears for just over an hour straight. I'm using them on the Go Blu with the bass boost on. These are impressive. I don't find the treble to be harsh, just very present and detailed. One song there was sibilance. Will try the Ares II cable on them and tip roll as well but I was nervous for a bit that the treble would really bother me, but I guess I am not overly sensitive to treble even though I can hear pretty high frequencies. Going to listen to these for some more hours and tip roll as well and get a solid impression of them.
I like the divinus velvet, ePro EP00,
tanchjim T-APB and stock final tips the most. plug them into your liquid platinum for a fun time

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back