Final A8000 Beryllium Diaphragm Dynamic IEM Comments and Impressions
Oct 29, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #796 of 817
Any ideas what the most comfortable tips are? It’s okay if it changes the sound a bit. Haven’t been using my IEM due to comfort.

Oct 29, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #797 of 817
Any ideas what the most comfortable tips are? It’s okay if it changes the sound a bit. Haven’t been using my IEM due to comfort.
I find the Final Type-E clear tips to be really comfortable. The IEM's come with Type-E black tips, which are firmer than the clear. They aren't as isolating since they're softer but they vastly improved the comfort for me. I found the firmness of the black tips to be too sore on my ear canals.

Oct 29, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #798 of 817
I find the Final Type-E clear tips to be really comfortable. The IEM's come with Type-E black tips, which are firmer than the clear. They aren't as isolating since they're softer but they vastly improved the comfort for me. I found the firmness of the black tips to be too sore on my ear canals.
Can you share a link? There is clear and clear/red?

Oct 29, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #799 of 817
So you use the z1r default tips, is it right?

Hum, maybe you should try Xelastec tips, or Raptgo Adaptive tips imao. 🤔😉

I am talking about these two tips in particular because of the different form factor. And they are really good 👍

= excellent grip and confort, excellent phonic isolation, but colored (not the most transparent out there, medium focus). Pricey... 😕

Raptgo Adaptive = the same. Less phonic isolation but excellent thus, no coloration, or really little. And... Cheap. 😋
Sorry re-read this post. I am using stock E Tips which sound great. I think I’m using one of the medium small tips.

I really loved the soft nature of the z1r default tips. These cannot be used, correct?

So the comfiest alternative tip are the Xelastec? Thanks.

Oct 29, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #800 of 817
Forgot how damn good these iems are. So transparent and amazing timbre. This is someone coming from a pretty good Susvara setup. These are so good. Mmmm

Oct 30, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #801 of 817
Forgot how damn good these iems are. So transparent and amazing timbre. This is someone coming from a pretty good Susvara setup. These are so good. Mmmm
Very underrated iems. What source do you use with them?

Oct 30, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #802 of 817
Can you share a link? There is clear and clear/red?
They're the same thing. The colour is to denote size. You can read more about the Final tips on their page. Although some of it's reaching quite hard to sound fancy.
https://snext-final.com/en/products/accessories/detail/earpiece.html

Since you already have the type-e blacks you probably know the size that you find fit best. Multi-packs are available if you're still unsure since you are reporting a comfort issue.

Oct 30, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #803 of 817
Very underrated iems. What source do you use with them?
They sound good off the Dave direct, Dave+Ferrum stack, Dave+Envy ... I don't have a portable rig setup yet. Working on comfort first as I can't use for more than 30 minutes without discomfot.

Oct 30, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #804 of 817
They sound good off the Dave direct, Dave+Ferrum stack, Dave+Envy ... I don't have a portable rig setup yet. Working on comfort first as I can't use for more than 30 minutes without discomfot.
have you tried any spinfit tips with the longer stems? I am able to get a good fit with the spinfit cp100. not as deep as the final or divinus velvet tips I also like though

Nov 20, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #805 of 817
Is FINAL AUDIO A8000 and E5000 cable is same ??

They look same from outside but just wanted to check if they are same with internal specs?

Nov 28, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #806 of 817
20231113_181527.jpg
20231113_181505.jpg

might be too late for those silicone covers lol I don't even take them out of the house. still love em, delicate finish and all. definitely a set with a few caveats (source sensitive, doesn't play well with poor recordings, sometimes fatiguing) but they remain in my collection alongside some heavy-hitters.

Nov 29, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #807 of 817
20231113_181527.jpg20231113_181505.jpg
might be too late for those silicone covers lol I don't even take them out of the house. still love em, delicate finish and all. definitely a set with a few caveats (source sensitive, doesn't play well with poor recordings, sometimes fatiguing) but they remain in my collection alongside some heavy-hitters.
Where did you find these? Mine are a little bit scratched. Don't plan on ever reselling them but it'd be nice to not have to wipe them down every time i look at them!

Nov 29, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #808 of 817
Well, in the past... 6-8 months, I've been through countless of eartips:
Divinus Velvet
Coreir Brass
Final Type E
Spinfit W1
Spinfit CP145
Sedna standard
Sedna short
Sedna Xelastecs
Ostry C100/200/300
Tangzu wide/small bore

Unfortunately, it seems my right ear keeps on being skeptikal to their insertion! No issue with my Spiralear SE6 Edge, but these A8000 are a difficult beast.
Depending on outside temperature, I tend to get best seal/comfort with Xelastecs or W1, though never on a definite manner.

So I'll be ordering Custom Art custom eartips as soon as I can get earpints done. But those are worth the hassle if you're into agressive, yet delightfully detailed, presentation.

Nov 29, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #809 of 817
For me, best results : Xelastec :beerchug:

It tames a little the treble, but not the general clarity. Excellent sound licks isolation, hard kick bass, excellent confort. Etc.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #810 of 817
Where did you find these? Mine are a little bit scratched. Don't plan on ever reselling them but it'd be nice to not have to wipe them down every time i look at them!
no cover on them, that's just a different angle/lighting. you can get the silicone covers on ebay or aliexpress. aside from preventing scratches and fingerprints, they negate the sharp edges that have bothered some.
20231113_182150.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back