Final A8000 Beryllium Diaphragm Dynamic IEM Comments and Impressions
Mar 9, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #406 of 817
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Mar 9, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #407 of 817
It graphs very very similar to the Z1R.

Very curious about these guys.
I thought it graphed quite similar to the Campfire Atlas tbh... Albeit less bass emphasis.

Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 14.22.48.png

Mar 13, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #409 of 817
The special edition is basically dita oslo cable with a8000. It’s terrible combination completely removes the transparency of a8000. I tried the combination once. Not to say dita oslo is a bad cable, it’s just not good pair for a8000. Anyone prefer that sound should just get xlr...

Mar 13, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #410 of 817
The special edition is basically dita oslo cable with a8000. It’s terrible combination completely removes the transparency of a8000. I tried the combination once. Not to say dita oslo is a bad cable, it’s just not good pair for a8000. Anyone prefer that sound should just get xlr...
Have you seen the 2 frequency response graphs??.... lol

Mar 13, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #411 of 817
Xlr?

anyway, how would a cable change the sound that much that it would become terrible? A cable will - at most - change sound a tiny bit.... as we know ...

Mar 13, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #412 of 817
Xlr?

anyway, how would a cable change the sound that much that it would become terrible? A cable will - at most - change sound a tiny bit.... as we know ...
Sorry Xls
If a8000 lose the one thing that characterized itself (in my opinion the transparency) it would be a terrible thing.
In my experience, cable can alter the sound quite a lot. Not just a tiny bit, especially for dynamic drivers. There are headphones that are sensitive to cable and there are ones that does not.

Mar 13, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #413 of 817

The S.K Oslo cable may not be identical to the stock Oslo since there is a unique designation although that may just be the cosmetic difference. Additionally, DITA was responsible for a modification to the beryllium driver surround. I’m with you, though, the level of transparency on the A8000 is magical at times with many aha moments, so I hope the S.K can retain what makes the A8000 so special.

Mar 13, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #414 of 817
The S.K Oslo cable may not be identical to the stock Oslo since there is a unique designation although that may just be the cosmetic difference. Additionally, DITA was responsible for a modification to the beryllium driver surround. I’m with you, though, the level of transparency on the A8000 is magical at times with many aha moments, so I hope the S.K can retain what makes the A8000 so special.
i tried 2 oslo cable with a8000 the one came with xls and the one sold individually, there are difference. Such as the density in the mids and amount of bass, but transparency wise, no they are the same. In general i prefer the xls version of oslo, but with other headphones...
I like oslo, it creates a Rosen dusk feeling to music it is especially good with older recordings and 70s 80s folk song.

Mar 13, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #415 of 817
Is the A8000 is a good all rounder. I like jazz, classical but also rock and metal. I’m looking at all the top tier iems trying to work out which one would be best for me

Mar 13, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #416 of 817
Is the A8000 is a good all rounder. I like jazz, classical but also rock and metal. I’m looking at all the top tier iems trying to work out which one would be best for me
I do not see the A8000 as an allrounder. Its signature is bright, highly resolving, ultra dynamic, thin in some aspects. For me, it is the optimal IEM for classical music (and probably Jazz), I couldn't think of any IEM better suitable, technically capably and tuned for it. Rock/Metal - not so much. I have the Odin for complement for all non-classical, and i think your Z1R would equally cover this better. M2C.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #417 of 817

Well, I think it is good for most genres of music, especially classical and jazz. With that said, I thoroughly enjoy my rock/metal albums as well unless the recording quality is suspect. That’s the thing, the A8000 reveals the beauty in well recorded material, but it will also show all the warts.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #419 of 817
I do not see the A8000 as an allrounder. Its signature is bright, highly resolving, ultra dynamic, thin in some aspects. For me, it is the optimal IEM for classical music (and probably Jazz), I couldn't think of any IEM better suitable, technically capably and tuned for it. Rock/Metal - not so much. I have the Odin for complement for all non-classical, and i think your Z1R would equally cover this better. M2C.

A8000 is very good with rock when combine with a warm source like DX300.

Mar 13, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #420 of 817
i tried 2 oslo cable with a8000 the one came with xls and the one sold individually, there are difference. Such as the density in the mids and amount of bass, but transparency wise, no they are the same. In general i prefer the xls version of oslo, but with other headphones...
I like oslo, it creates a Rosen dusk feeling to music it is especially good with older recordings and 70s 80s folk song.

As for cable I do try to roll alot of cable to add warmth but nothing seems to work too good until I came across Plato which do add bit warmth and tame down the 7-8k peak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back