Final A8000 Beryllium Diaphragm Dynamic IEM Comments and Impressions
Dec 1, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #346 of 817
Since the a8000 have multiple vents, what precautions are you guys taking to prevent them from getting clogged? And do you guys have special tools that you have used from your previous iems to get rid of gunks from the vents.

Dec 1, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #347 of 817
Since the a8000 have multiple vents, what precautions are you guys taking to prevent them from getting clogged? And do you guys have special tools that you have used from your previous iems to get rid of gunks from the vents.

I really haven’t concerned myself with this. The tiny vent on the bottom seems too small to worry about, and the larger vent where the labeling is has a white screen inside.

Dec 1, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #349 of 817
I love my A8000, but it really tends to be bright. I'd like to use some careful EQ to tone it down a bit. Is here anybody who could share a setting for Roon or FiiO M15? Thanks ....
There are GRAS measurements of the A8000 at this link: https://www.hypethesonics.com/iemdbc/ When I say GRAS measurements, I mean proper GRAS measurements, i.e., RA0045, not RA0402 :wink: (RA0045 is the coupler that actually shows the ear canal resonance that causes the brightness in the A8000.) The tool's SPL-mode also has Jaakko Pasanen's AutoEQ baked in.

This video: describes how to use the eq. It currently gives a choice of parametric, 10-band fixed or 20-band fixed. AFAIK, the M15 only supports 10-band fixed, which is ok, but you'll get better results with Roon's parametric eq.

Dec 1, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #350 of 817
There are GRAS measurements of the A8000 at this link: https://www.hypethesonics.com/iemdbc/ When I say GRAS measurements, I mean proper GRAS measurements, i.e., RA0045, not RA0402 :wink: (RA0045 is the coupler that actually shows the ear canal resonance that causes the brightness in the A8000.) The tool's SPL-mode also has Jaakko Pasanen's AutoEQ baked in.

This video: describes how to use the eq. It currently gives a choice of parametric, 10-band fixed or 20-band fixed. AFAIK, the M15 only supports 10-band fixed, which is ok, but you'll get better results with Roon's parametric eq.

Thank you very much for this!!!

Dec 1, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #351 of 817
Dec 1, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #352 of 817
Another alternative, I use these treble filtered iem tips on my Final A8000.

US $8.00 | OSTRY OS100 / OS200 / OS300 Earphone Turning Tips for diameter 4mm-6mm earphones https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKtBt8d

Thanks, but I tried this. It ruined the fit and all in terms of sound what I enjoyed with the A8000... But glad to hear it works for you.

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #353 of 817
Thanks, but I tried this. It ruined the fit and all in terms of sound what I enjoyed with the A8000... But glad to hear it works for you.

For me it’s all about foam tips now. At first I thought they made the sound too muffled. But since then I’ve found the Comply TSX-500 large to be more or less perfect for me. The combo of the foam and the wax guard really tame the treble without impacting the overall sound too much. Don’t think I could go back now. Doesn’t fully thicken up drum hits like I’d want ideally but no set is perfect

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #354 of 817
For me it’s all about foam tips now. At first I thought they made the sound too muffled. But since then I’ve found the Comply TSX-500 large to be more or less perfect for me. The combo of the foam and the wax guard really tame the treble without impacting the overall sound too much. Don’t think I could go back now. Doesn’t fully thicken up drum hits like I’d want ideally but no set is perfect

I still have the Comply TSX-500, I think. Will give them another go :).

Dec 2, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #355 of 817
If you want to use Comply foams for treble reduction. I imagine you should get the models with extra foam that goes beyond the tubing.

Like the isolation series has foam past the tubing, that extra foam will help. Otherwise the fully tubing models should prevent treble reduction.

Dec 2, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #356 of 817
If you want to use Comply foams for treble reduction. I imagine you should get the models with extra foam that goes beyond the tubing.

Like the isolation series has foam past the tubing, that extra foam will help. Otherwise the fully tubing models should prevent treble reduction.

Funnily enough I just came back on to say that I’m going to try the isolation tips next, as I’m sure they will provide a better seal than the ‘comfort’ ones. I’m going to order some now

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #357 of 817
Hi everyone, I m using FA8000+dita olso cable+sony wm1a, listen to orchestral music. have been using sony for more than 3 years wanna to upgrade it now, any recommendations for budget USD 2000-? THANKS

Dec 3, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #358 of 817
Hiby R8 comes to mind, as an educated guess. Already pairs very well with the Dunu Luna, according to @davidmolliere. Even if both pure BE iems do not have the exact same signature, I'd bet it's a good candidate.

Dec 5, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #359 of 817
I'd completely overlooked the idea of trying these great little IEMs with Comply foam tips. Thanks for the suggestion @Leviathant!

Silicone SpinFits:
cp100.png
Comply foam comfort:
comply_foam.png
SpinFits + parametric autoeq:
autoeq.png

If you don't have a parametric eq, foam tips look like a really good option. Of course, autoeq can take anything to the Harman target, but you have to love the A8000 for its fit. The weight of the IEM body naturally causes the eartips to want to rotate into your ear canals. Super easy to insert and seal, super comfy and they're never fighting to escape. We recently did some tests measuring human subject ears with mems mics in various IEM eartips. A8000 was the only IEM we could get to consistently fit and seal in everybody's ears. And if you're looking for something to eq, it's a bonus that the A8000 also has low distortion and its single driver doesn't have any funky phase issues :)

Dec 5, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #360 of 817
Qudelix 5K tranceiver pEQ is so convenient for Final a8000 and e5000.

Using the AutoEQ recommended (except the bass band to taste) is really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back