Final A8000 Beryllium Diaphragm Dynamic IEM Comments and Impressions
Oct 7, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #316 of 817
Try with medium stock tips first and use good recordings too. When I use the big tips they don't fit right and slowly slip away from my ear.

I’m finding that the largest size slip out for me too! Next size down aren’t big enough. I’m going to have to try other tips I fear

Oct 7, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #317 of 817
I’m finding that the largest size slip out for me too! Next size down aren’t big enough. I’m going to have to try other tips I fear

For a while I actually thought I needed a BIGGER tip in my right ear, since it seemed like it was sliding out all the time. Nope, turns out I get a much better seal with the Medium-Small tip.

Oct 7, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #318 of 817
For a while I actually thought I needed a BIGGER tip in my right ear, since it seemed like it was sliding out all the time. Nope, turns out I get a much better seal with the Medium-Small tip.

Yeah I get that. I think I might get away with largest in my left, and next one down in the right.

Oct 7, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #319 of 817

yeah, sometimes it takes some back and forth tip size changes to get the best fit, kind of like focusing a lens.

Oct 17, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #323 of 817
Oct 18, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #324 of 817
final recommends 150 hours on the A8000 for it to settle. If you feel your unit is bright sounding, put some time on it.

Hi guys,

I'm selling a pair of Final Audio A8000 in perfect condition (new from 3 weeks ago. Haven't used much at most 10 hours) if anyone is interested.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-final-audio-a8000-2-years-warranty-1465€.943373/

I'm from Paris and I would rather sell in Europe.

My unit was a returned B Stock unit, and it was quite bright at the start even with whatever hours were on it originally. I'd say it even bordered on sibilant at times. That's all totally gone now and it's probably got 200+ hours on it.

There's no harm in letting it run for like a week and trying it again. It's about as drastic a change as you can get in head phone burn in, and you might as well hear what it can do before you sell it.

Oct 20, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #325 of 817
Any recommendations for a warm source to pair the A8000s with? Ideally a portable device/DAP.
I’m currently using my Sony ZX2 which is fairly dark sounding (and I prefer this over the Chord Mojo) but wondering if there is something else that somebody’s tried that can add a bit of extra tube like warmth/emotion.

I’ve also got a Bifrost 2 and a couple of headphone amps (Rag v1, Eddie Current ZDT Jr) but these are too far away from where I listen to really be viable. And not entirely sure they are even good matches in any case.

Wondering whether to try and get a used Questyle QP2R or try the new Cayin N3pro for its tubes (although ideally I’d like a simpler (and non-Bluetooth) way of streaming Tidal though). Anyone tried either of those with A8000?

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #327 of 817
Oct 23, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #330 of 817
I wonder if they are both using beryllium drivers. Likely the A4000, but maybe the 3000, too.
I'd seriously doubt it at that price. My guess is that this is more of a tuning toward the A8000 than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back