FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"!
Oct 19, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #196 of 903

Hi Guys,

Could someone advise how Q1 pairs up with ATH-IM02s? 
I'm currently using my Oneplus One to drive them and since they are quite sensitive, they are giving out a bit of hiss.
I was initially planning to go with the E07k until I saw this today and what has interested me in this is how low the output impedance is.

I had a im02, it has great vocal, espcially female voice, i loved it. Did not have the chance using Q1 to drive im02. I recommemd you to go for audition.

Oct 19, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #197 of 903
  Hi Guys,

I'm currently using my Oneplus One to drive them and since they are quite sensitive, they are giving out a bit of hiss.
I was initially planning to go with the E07k until I saw this today and what has interested me in this is how low the output impedance is.

Hi, as the user Trapz said, Q1 has an output impedance of <0.3 ohms. More details about the Q1, you can know them from FiiO official website: http://www.fiio.net/en/products/44/parameters
wink_face.gif

Oct 21, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #198 of 903
  Hi Guys,

I had the same problem months ago, after got this Q1 all i gotta say that it would improve the sound quality of IM02 a lot, especially if you are going to pair Q1 with android cellphone. As Q1 has a low output impedance it would make IM02 sounds warmer and I haven't experienced any hiss so far now. Furthermore as some people might feel that IM02 lacks of bass,Q1 has the bass boost function so it could make im02 sounds fuller on some specific songs...

I think it's better that you should try it if possible, as for me I am very happy for purchasing Q1 to pair with my IM02
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #200 of 903
After having/listening/testing the Q1 for a while it's a solid first headphone amp but not my final solution, ended up with the ibasso D-zero Mk2 which has the lovely Wolfson dac's in it, and actual palpable bottom end that the Q1 is really missing which is too bad because other than a severe lack of bottom end it's fantastic all around, build quality, button/connection placement, feel, sound stage, crispness are all top notch.

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #201 of 903
Hi guys,

Before i commit to the Q1, need confirmation.

While waiting for fiio to come out with the lightning to line out cable, will this work :

Lightning cable (ipod) > usb > usb to micro USB adapter > q1

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #202 of 903
Hi guys,

Before i commit to the Q1, need confirmation.

While waiting for fiio to come out with the lightning to line out cable, will this work :

Lightning cable (ipod) > usb > usb to micro USB adapter > q1

No, it won't.

To have iPod outputting digital signal, the USB DAC itself must be MFi certified (or have a way to cheat around it) and Q1 simply doesn't have that. The only other way to get around this is to have an iDevice with iOS7 (and above, that means iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad), plus a genuine Camera Connection Kit, though I am not sure if Q1 supports this way or not.

Also, don't expect any 'lightning-to-line out cable' from FiiO, or anyone, anytime soon. It is simply electronically impossible to do.

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #203 of 903

No, it won't.

To have iPod outputting digital signal, the USB DAC itself must be MFi certified (or have a way to cheat around it) and Q1 simply doesn't have that. The only other way to get around this is to have an iDevice with iOS7 (and above, that means iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad), plus a genuine Camera Connection Kit, though I am not sure if Q1 supports this way or not.

Also, don't expect any 'lightning-to-line out cable' from FiiO, or anyone, anytime soon. It is simply electronically impossible to do.

I am very interested in this too.   I'd like to use my Q1 as a DAC/AMP with my iPhone 6.  Looks like we need the GENUINE CCK cable and then a short USB>Micro USB cable to connect CCK to Q1.  Someone has already posted that this has worked.  But will ANY USB-Micro USB cable work?  Is there a short one people like that they know works?

I believe the cable that Fiio is going to sell will be a one cable solution that is Lightening -> Micro USB and incorporates whatever circuitry is in use in the Genuine Apple CCK.  At least that is how I read it and am hoping for.   Kills me to spend $29, nearly half the price of the Q1, just for the Genuine CCK cable and then still have to get another cable just to connect to the Q1. 

Oct 24, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #204 of 903
  I am very interested in this too.   I'd like to use my Q1 as a DAC/AMP with my iPhone 6.  Looks like we need the GENUINE CCK cable and then a short USB>Micro USB cable to connect CCK to Q1.  Someone has already posted that this has worked.  But will ANY USB-Micro USB cable work?  Is there a short one people like that they know works?

I believe the cable that Fiio is going to sell will be a one cable solution that is Lightening -> Micro USB and incorporates whatever circuitry is in use in the Genuine Apple CCK.  At least that is how I read it and am hoping for.   Kills me to spend $29, nearly half the price of the Q1, just for the Genuine CCK cable and then still have to get another cable just to connect to the Q1. 

Yes, the Apple authentication chip has been cracked, so an one piece Lightning to microUSB cable that will work on USB DAC is already out there. The trick is the USB DAC must have an USB receiver chip that is MFi certified (that's the 'way to cheat around it' that I was referring on previous post). However, that only applies to iOS7 (and above) devices as I mentioned earlier. To get iPod to work, the only way is still Apple official chip (which you have to apply the MFi license to buy).

Provided the CCK is genuine, any USB-A to microUSB cable should work.

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #205 of 903
The Q1 does play with an Apple CCK.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 25, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #206 of 903
I'm planning to buy my first DAC/AMP and I don't really know how to start, so far I'm interested in the Fiio Q1 or the E10K, for using primarily on my computer with my pair of Sony MDR-1A, my first concern is if this will be compatible with windows 10, I say this because I have the audio problem wich came with the OS, so I had to tweak the sound quality in the control panel, and only the CD quality produces sound, so my question would be, will this Fiio Q1 or E10K, bypass this software issue and let me play some 96Khz/24Bit music.

Oct 25, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #207 of 903
  I'm planning to buy my first DAC/AMP and I don't really know how to start, so far I'm interested in the Fiio Q1 or the E10K, for using primarily on my computer with my pair of Sony MDR-1A, my first concern is if this will be compatible with windows 10, I say this because I have the audio problem wich came with the OS, so I had to tweak the sound quality in the control panel, and only the CD quality produces sound, so my question would be, will this Fiio Q1 or E10K, bypass this software issue and let me play some 96Khz/24Bit music.

Both Q1 and E10K use Windows' internal driver, but it doesn't necessarily means you will have the same problem as they use USB Audio Class 1 driver, which should be different from the onboard soundcard driver.

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #209 of 903
HI everyone, i'm searching an amp for my x1 and my choice is between this Q1 and the good old E11k. I read the previous posts telling that this new amp/dac have made the E11k kind of "obsolete" or that they are almost equivalent but looking at the spec i noticed that the E11k is more powerful and give more gain to the sound. My question is: how can they be "almost equivalent" with such a difference in power?

Oct 28, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #210 of 903
Hi All,

How about Q1 pair up with Sony NWZ-ZX1 and Umpro30?

Thanks
Nobody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back