FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"!
Feb 14, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #901 of 903
Thanks for the input! Coincidentally, I'm looking at the Playmate 2 as my next dac/amp purchase :) Worth the price?

Regarding the Blutac'd Q1, do you have it attached to your desk upside down? Mind sharing a pic of your setup if you have one handy?
Yes, depending on the headphones you're driving. It's powerful and will drive most cans but I'm not sure about the bigger planars. It's got great sound as do all Burson products and while I've recently purchased an Asgard 3/Modi 3+ combo, the Burson is going nowhere. I have a venerable pair of Sennheiser HD 580s and the PM2 just makes them sing better than the A3. That said, the A3 has brought my HD650s to life compared to the PM2 but the tables are reversed with the HD580. As both are 300 ohms impedance it doesn't make sense but as my 580s are reserved for classical music only, especially chamber, the Burson makes them shine. What really stands out is tone and timbre along with good separation/imaging.

I've blutaked one side of the curved body to the desk so that the volume control is facing me and rotates in a clockwise direction to make it louder - if that makes sense.

Feb 14, 2022 at 3:45 AM Post #902 of 903
Yes, depending on the headphones you're driving. It's powerful and will drive most cans but I'm not sure about the bigger planars. It's got great sound as do all Burson products and while I've recently purchased an Asgard 3/Modi 3+ combo, the Burson is going nowhere. I have a venerable pair of Sennheiser HD 580s and the PM2 just makes them sing better than the A3. That said, the A3 has brought my HD650s to life compared to the PM2 but the tables are reversed with the HD580. As both are 300 ohms impedance it doesn't make sense but as my 580s are reserved for classical music only, especially chamber, the Burson makes them shine. What really stands out is tone and timbre along with good separation/imaging.

I've blutaked one side of the curved body to the desk so that the volume control is facing me and rotates in a clockwise direction to make it louder - if that makes sense.
Thanks for the input on the PM2. Looks to be what I'm looking for :)

Ah, ok. Yup, that makes sense re: the blutac'd Q1. Thx! What's your 'ceiling' of headphones to use with the Q1, btw? I mean, can it drive your 580 or 650 well?

Feb 16, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #903 of 903
Thanks for the input on the PM2. Looks to be what I'm looking for :)

Ah, ok. Yup, that makes sense re: the blutac'd Q1. Thx! What's your 'ceiling' of headphones to use with the Q1, btw? I mean, can it drive your 580 or 650 well?
My Q1 is at work and I've only got my Shure SRH840s to listen to. Very good monitor style cans for the price. I don't think the Q1 has the power to do the 650s justice - not sure about the 580s but the same probably applies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back