FiiO's Crown Jewel of Portable Music Player M11 Plus LTD Is Officially Released!
Nov 1, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #151 of 211
While I like the sound from HiBy, I have a massive problem with the QC of their DAPs. The Fiio M11 Plus LTD is a noticeable upgrade over the R6 Pro in every single category.
The Fiio M11 Plus LTD is a noticeable upgrade over the R6 Pro in every single category. But not the Hiby R6 2020 software is way more mature not a single hiccup,want the battery to charge to 50%,60% ,70%,etc can do that,sample rate display correctly,more powerful,etc.

Nov 5, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #152 of 211
Hi all,

I've been having an issue using my M11+ as a transport, wondering if anyone else has had the same thing.
When connected via USB C-B to my RME ADI-2 I get noise occuring fairly frequently - sounds a bit like the datastream gets clipped, the sounds gets very 'digital' and sounds a bit like a pixelated version of the original mixed with white noise.

I don't get this using an ipad as a transport, and the issue occurs whether using the FIIO music app, Onkyo player or Apple music.

Anybody else with anything similar?

Nov 6, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #153 of 211
M11+ LTD SS .... L.O. through a Singxer SA-1 which has been 'DC mod'd'.... playing through Verum 1 or Sundara headphones. Absolutely stunning!!!

Attachments

• 20211106_120419.jpg
    20211106_120419.jpg
    923.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #155 of 211
Hi all,

I've been having an issue using my M11+ as a transport, wondering if anyone else has had the same thing.
When connected via USB C-B to my RME ADI-2 I get noise occuring fairly frequently - sounds a bit like the datastream gets clipped, the sounds gets very 'digital' and sounds a bit like a pixelated version of the original mixed with white noise.

I don't get this using an ipad as a transport, and the issue occurs whether using the FIIO music app, Onkyo player or Apple music.

Anybody else with anything similar?
Yes. feeding into a Sony pha3 (dac/amp) if the volume mixer on the transport isn’t set to full output.
ie I need to make the digital transport @ full output (100%), and not at a volume limited output, like the software often defaults to (eg volume at 60%)
not the same situation (for me it was a samsung phone, usb output, to dac/amp; but the output effect was the same... (usb digital out SHOULD default to 100%, some devices allow this to be varied; some DACs do not handle this ‘non standard’ digital feed (ie they expect the digital signal without a volume limiting pass).
on any devices that expect 100% (unaltered) volume, the volume changed ‘stream’ (of zeros and ones) can trip up DAC circuits to output sound like the OP describes...

Nov 7, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #156 of 211
The Fiio M11+ LTD's battery life for LDAC codec blue tooth is insane. Five hours of playback and down to 90%.
transmit or receive?

I am loving the battery run times, but find that the meter isn’t scaling perfectly..
eg run for a day and hover around 75%, use for an hour and be around 60%.. (not an actual example) so I have been paying more attention to file types being played back.
not been using ’dsd conversion’ presently (doesn’t seem to pass over the usb output as dsd stream)

like Niyologist, I have been getting fantastic run times, and been really enjoying going days between charges/having other devices that are typically my music transport ALSO have long battery run times (now) that the m11+ is the music hub for the house (and ‘bag’ when travelling).

Biggest issue has been charging the m11+ whilst using it (typically it is a usb transport), but using the 4.4mm balanced line out, my stereo can keep passing sound whilst the device charges (using a ‘low powered’ usb c charger brick; which doesn’t make the device hot), and the massive battery life has led to me leaving it hooked up (without power) for’very large amounts of time’.

not many devices I can touch and see them on 1% power, and get a charger onto them quickly enough- I have done exactly this multiple times with the FiiO m11+ no doubt because it just keeps running...

dedicated devices for the win; the m11+ is my ‘master of some’
wouldn’t let it cook for me (or clean), but I would let it supply the music whilst the preparation for the night begn, whilst the dinner party rolled around, and the wee hours of the morning, I would trust the FiiO DAP to deliver soulful intimate tunes. heck the m11+ would be on duty in the morning to take me for a run around the block (and provide the extra weight to work my core), and even be jamming the house whilst I showered and shaved for another day.

I suppose I could trickle* power my toy between dates (*or ‘fast charge’ depending on present/predictive needs).

i like having a tool that can out rest me and out play me; and even both together in case I get truly busy....

Nov 7, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #157 of 211
transmit or receive?

I am loving the battery run times, but find that the meter isn’t scaling perfectly..
eg run for a day and hover around 75%, use for an hour and be around 60%.. (not an actual example) so I have been paying more attention to file types being played back.
not been using ’dsd conversion’ presently (doesn’t seem to pass over the usb output as dsd stream)

like Niyologist, I have been getting fantastic run times, and been really enjoying going days between charges/having other devices that are typically my music transport ALSO have long battery run times (now) that the m11+ is the music hub for the house (and ‘bag’ when travelling).

Biggest issue has been charging the m11+ whilst using it (typically it is a usb transport), but using the 4.4mm balanced line out, my stereo can keep passing sound whilst the device charges (using a ‘low powered’ usb c charger brick; which doesn’t make the device hot), and the massive battery life has led to me leaving it hooked up (without power) for’very large amounts of time’.

not many devices I can touch and see them on 1% power, and get a charger onto them quickly enough- I have done exactly this multiple times with the FiiO m11+ no doubt because it just keeps running...

dedicated devices for the win; the m11+ is my ‘master of some’
wouldn’t let it cook for me (or clean), but I would let it supply the music whilst the preparation for the night begn, whilst the dinner party rolled around, and the wee hours of the morning, I would trust the FiiO DAP to deliver soulful intimate tunes. heck the m11+ would be on duty in the morning to take me for a run around the block (and provide the extra weight to work my core), and even be jamming the house whilst I showered and shaved for another day.

I suppose I could trickle* power my toy between dates (*or ‘fast charge’ depending on present/predictive needs).

i like having a tool that can out rest me and out play me; and even both together in case I get truly busy....
It was on transmit.

Nov 8, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #158 of 211
Yes. feeding into a Sony pha3 (dac/amp) if the volume mixer on the transport isn’t set to full output.
ie I need to make the digital transport @ full output (100%), and not at a volume limited output, like the software often defaults to (eg volume at 60%)
not the same situation (for me it was a samsung phone, usb output, to dac/amp; but the output effect was the same... (usb digital out SHOULD default to 100%, some devices allow this to be varied; some DACs do not handle this ‘non standard’ digital feed (ie they expect the digital signal without a volume limiting pass).
on any devices that expect 100% (unaltered) volume, the volume changed ‘stream’ (of zeros and ones) can trip up DAC circuits to output sound like the OP describes...

Thanks, that does make sense. Looking through the settings on the M11, I only have one setting that seems relevant which is 'Adjustable volume at Line Out' - this is turned off though. I'll try maxing the volume manually in case that makes a difference.

Nov 11, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #159 of 211
Output impeadence needs be 1/10th the rated ohms (impedance) of the headphones.. Not a lot of buds hovering around 10ohms (or less).
Some B&W P5 / P7s I used for a long time (around 22ohms If I recall) were really hard to match an amp with, and if the output impeadence was high (like 10ohms) the bass bloat changed their sound profile considerable.
An output impeadence of less that 2 is ‘pretty sweet’ and I’d go so far as to say, not worth worrying about.
What is worse is if manufacturers start building parts to ‘just hit spec sheet war’ numbers, and forgo actual sound quality.
(In high end audio, spec sheets matter a lot less due to being actually built right and ‘designed for sound’ (not numbers)).
My Musical Fidelity XA1 (their most basic amp) flogged my Yamaha stereo amplifier (the most entry level part), which flogged a (wont give brand name) high end surround receiver for sound quality. (based on spec sheets the opposite SHOULD HAVE BEEN TRUE)

I wouldn’t worry about subtle output impeadence differences, so long as the number is 1/10th of your headphones rated ‘ohms’.

Actually turning off a bunch of ‘electrical noise’ features, in phones, equates to better audio transport functionality.
I know these DAPs have isolated power and shielding etc, ... but please make sure it isn’t turned on by default and that we have an OPTION to turn on/off as required.
Cheers

There are several multi-BA IEMs that, while they are (officially) rated (much) higher than 10 Ohms nominally, have an impedance swing that goes much lower than that (Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 and Campfire Audio Andromeda, just to name two prominent examples). They are indeed sonically affected by a device with an OI of more than 1 Ohm (frequency response shifts according to the impedance swing), and FiiO's older releases including their very very early devices had an output impedance that was much closer to ideal 0 Ohms - hence I'm somewhat disappointed to see that their releases in the more recent years don't have an output impedance as ideal as their older devices wherefore they are pretty much not interesting for me anymore.

Anyway, as for IEMs and headphones with a flat impedance response (like most dynamic driver IEMs/headphones and planar magnetic headphones), I wouldn't really care about the impedance matching/damping factor as even a pairing that's theoretically not "ideal" (in terms of OI and nominal headphone impedance) will not yield to any frequency response changes (but may sometimes lead to a perceived bass response that's a little softer if the damping factor is overly "bad").

Nov 22, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #160 of 211
Well, this is unfortunate. The M11 Plus' 3.5mm socket is damaged. I didn't even damage it. I was taking good care of it. I'll need to make sure that happened by using a different cable in the same socket.

Nov 22, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #161 of 211
Well, this is unfortunate. The M11 Plus' 3.5mm socket is damaged. I didn't even damage it. I was taking good care of it. I'll need to make sure that happened by using a different cable in the same socket.

It's not damaged. It's just that one of my removable cables is too heavy.

Nov 22, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #163 of 211
What's the issue? Does it wiggle a bit? I've noticed this on the 3.5mm port of my M15 as well.

It doesn't wiggle. The right side cuts out when I walk with my Penon Audio Volt (with the bulky stock cable) plugged into the 3.5mm socket. The other sockets are perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #164 of 211
It doesn't wiggle. The right side cuts out when I walk with my Penon Audio Volt (with the bulky stock cable) plugged into the 3.5mm socket. The other sockets are perfectly fine.
Ah, that sucks. The 3.5mm port on mine has a little play, but sound doesn't cut out. Hopefully you can sort it out with the dealer or @FiiO

Nov 23, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #165 of 211
You could check othter headphone in the 3.5mm port to see whether the issue remains? If yes, please try to contact support@fiio.com or the seller for help.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back