FiiO's Crown Jewel of Portable Music Player M11 Plus LTD Is Officially Released!
Mar 7, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #196 of 211
I need help with my m11 plus Ltd. Anytime I play a song that starts immediately, there is a delay of sound and I miss the first 200-300 milliseconds. This only happens when I am using actual headphone output. If I use external dac with spdif then it isn’t a problem. It happens using fiio player from sd card flac, qobuz, and Apple Music. I have messed with every crossfade, gapless, or other in app options. I have even turned off battery saving options deep in the settings of device (deep in app settings something about optimize app for battery life or something). Didn’t help. Firmware up to date. Apps up to date. It’s almost like the headphone amp has to wake up. The only way to hear the downbeat of a song is to put it repeat 1 and go to near end of the song and let it loop around.
Bump

Apr 21, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #201 of 211
yes;

except timing enforces the data, which IS NOT resent (in the case of AUDIO); error correction handles the process, and ultimately estimations take over.
The less ‘estimations’, the more ‘honest’ a system can be to the source material..
The most obvious improvements can be noted across a range of genres, whether a user is looking for ‘placement of instruments’, or maybe ‘transients’(power/speed), to ‘bass note quality/texture’ etc..
I do not have the ears (training) to consciously spot ‘the attack on the violin’ changes, the way a conductor-who has ear training of the highest calibre, will easily ‘see’.
The changes are there, and speed is 100% felt in the recording, when the transients are in the right places. This is why a better cable can translate to better musical playback in our systems; as the more accurate passing of zeros and ones (as an analogue wavelength that USB cables utilise), the interpretation of the peaks and troughs (zeros and ones), by TIMING, is crucial to digital data coming out ‘as close to perfect‘ as possible.
Close to perfect?
Thats right; I do not know of, and certainly have never seen a setup that has 1:1 in this regard. Error correction and ‘guestimation’ is the rule of the day... (good enough for our ears, certainly)..
Getting as ‘close to 1:1’ as possible is aided by a cable that passed data ‘wave’ in perfect time alignment,- as otherwise it is standard for the wavelength to wind up with mismatched eyelet reads, where zeros BECOME ones and VICE VERSA....

So the cable itself, by timing errors in the receiving circuitry, will ’create’ errors, and combined with the fact that the data itself isn’t resent, it is just ‘made up’ to make up for some of the ‘misses’ along the way..
When made up data is near a rock and roll transient peak, it will KILL it! (either extend the peak or miss it, ‘in part’). The many ways in which errors can amass in ways that alter the final sound output; is many (CD spec allowed for up to 1411 errors per frame(?edit checked this; I think I was getting my CIRC confused with CRC, but I believe I was refering to the 75 sectors per second, each being 2048bytes, where 1400 odd errors, which also had ‘loose tolerances’ as to what is required/acceptable when playing with ‘44 thousand samples per second’ would govern our sound:wink:, and ‘on the fly’ reading of zeros and ones from a round disc (requiring speed adjustment to remain linear/constant) CRC can only compensate so much; beyond that is when the logic would either stop playing (good equipment typically), or ‘be heavily altered’ (bargain brands that were happy just magically getting it to all work), and would pass it along. Ever wondered why the $3k DVD player stopped on scratched discs but the supermarket DVD player could ‘play anything’?
Those great players had a lot of effort put into them to enforce as ‘close to perfect’ sound as could be had.
Usually involving clocks.
As someone who had a Superclock 2 mod in a Denon DCD-S10 (with 18x backgate cap upgrades), I have always seen the clock chip as ‘part of the triangle’ of things that matter.
Back in the day it was ‘Transport quality’,’DAC’(circuit) and ‘Clock’. This ’triangle‘ relationship, kinda like with cameras; the triangle of ‘lens’, ‘sensor’, and ‘software’, getting any one of the pillars wrong and the others can become near worthless....

Nowadays we have TRANSPORT and DAC and AMP as our ‘typical‘ headfi ‘source’ to sort..
The M11+ is an excellent transport, a great DAC and a good(/average) amp. (i downplay the amp cause it is about right for the pricepoint, perhaps it may have been improved if FiiO had used their typical homebrew, tuned solutions :wink: ). Feeding the M11+ into an outboard amp- it scales way above what the unit alone can do. The amp section is seriously holding back its ‘best performance’ capability..

.. rave aside,;
Timing is key: and is why the worlds worst USB cable (on the basis that digital audio consists of zeros and ones), isn’t a good idea.
Pairing the M11+ LTD with my Centrace Ampersand amp sounds fantastic with my new ZMF Atrium open cans. I am using the high grade short Eletech Socrates 4.4mm Interconnect between them. Having stacked (using anti-slip soft pad between) both in my hand with the Ampersand volume wheel on the bottom permits easy one handed volume adjustments. What a pleasure to use this way.

Attachments

• Fiio Amp 1.jpg
    Fiio Amp 1.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Fiio Amp2.jpg
    Fiio Amp2.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 0
Apr 21, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #202 of 211
yes;

except timing enforces the data, which IS NOT resent (in the case of AUDIO); error correction handles the process, and ultimately estimations take over.
The less ‘estimations’, the more ‘honest’ a system can be to the source material..
The most obvious improvements can be noted across a range of genres, whether a user is looking for ‘placement of instruments’, or maybe ‘transients’(power/speed), to ‘bass note quality/texture’ etc..
I do not have the ears (training) to consciously spot ‘the attack on the violin’ changes, the way a conductor-who has ear training of the highest calibre, will easily ‘see’.
The changes are there, and speed is 100% felt in the recording, when the transients are in the right places. This is why a better cable can translate to better musical playback in our systems; as the more accurate passing of zeros and ones (as an analogue wavelength that USB cables utilise), the interpretation of the peaks and troughs (zeros and ones), by TIMING, is crucial to digital data coming out ‘as close to perfect‘ as possible.
Close to perfect?
Thats right; I do not know of, and certainly have never seen a setup that has 1:1 in this regard. Error correction and ‘guestimation’ is the rule of the day... (good enough for our ears, certainly)..
Getting as ‘close to 1:1’ as possible is aided by a cable that passed data ‘wave’ in perfect time alignment,- as otherwise it is standard for the wavelength to wind up with mismatched eyelet reads, where zeros BECOME ones and VICE VERSA....

So the cable itself, by timing errors in the receiving circuitry, will ’create’ errors, and combined with the fact that the data itself isn’t resent, it is just ‘made up’ to make up for some of the ‘misses’ along the way..
When made up data is near a rock and roll transient peak, it will KILL it! (either extend the peak or miss it, ‘in part’). The many ways in which errors can amass in ways that alter the final sound output; is many (CD spec allowed for up to 1411 errors per frame(?edit checked this; I think I was getting my CIRC confused with CRC, but I believe I was refering to the 75 sectors per second, each being 2048bytes, where 1400 odd errors, which also had ‘loose tolerances’ as to what is required/acceptable when playing with ‘44 thousand samples per second’ would govern our sound:wink:, and ‘on the fly’ reading of zeros and ones from a round disc (requiring speed adjustment to remain linear/constant) CRC can only compensate so much; beyond that is when the logic would either stop playing (good equipment typically), or ‘be heavily altered’ (bargain brands that were happy just magically getting it to all work), and would pass it along. Ever wondered why the $3k DVD player stopped on scratched discs but the supermarket DVD player could ‘play anything’?
Those great players had a lot of effort put into them to enforce as ‘close to perfect’ sound as could be had.
Usually involving clocks.
As someone who had a Superclock 2 mod in a Denon DCD-S10 (with 18x backgate cap upgrades), I have always seen the clock chip as ‘part of the triangle’ of things that matter.
Back in the day it was ‘Transport quality’,’DAC’(circuit) and ‘Clock’. This ’triangle‘ relationship, kinda like with cameras; the triangle of ‘lens’, ‘sensor’, and ‘software’, getting any one of the pillars wrong and the others can become near worthless....

Nowadays we have TRANSPORT and DAC and AMP as our ‘typical‘ headfi ‘source’ to sort..
The M11+ is an excellent transport, a great DAC and a good(/average) amp. (i downplay the amp cause it is about right for the pricepoint, perhaps it may have been improved if FiiO had used their typical homebrew, tuned solutions :wink: ). Feeding the M11+ into an outboard amp- it scales way above what the unit alone can do. The amp section is seriously holding back its ‘best performance’ capability..

.. rave aside,;
Timing is key: and is why the worlds worst USB cable (on the basis that digital audio consists of zeros and ones), isn’t a good idea.
Pairing the M11+ LTD with my Centrace Ampersand ampsounds fantastic with my new ZMF Atrium open cans. I am using the high grade short Eletech Socrates 4.4mm Interconnect between them. Having stacked (using anti-slip soft pad between) both in my hand with the Ampersand volume wheel on the bottom permits easy one handed volume adjustments. What a pleasure to use this way.

Attachments

• Fiio Amp 1.jpg
    Fiio Amp 1.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Fiio Amp2.jpg
    Fiio Amp2.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 0
May 30, 2022 at 12:41 AM Post #203 of 211
HI, all. I keep getting a message to update the FIIO music app to version 3.1.0. Whenever I try, I get the prompt "there was a problem parsing the package". I tried updating from google play to no avail. I downloaded the APK file update directly from the FIIO website but I keep getting the following message "something went wrong. App not installed".

Any suggestions how to install the newer app?

Thanks

May 30, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #204 of 211
HI, all. I keep getting a message to update the FIIO music app to version 3.1.0. Whenever I try, I get the prompt "there was a problem parsing the package". I tried updating from google play to no avail. I downloaded the APK file update directly from the FIIO website but I keep getting the following message "something went wrong. App not installed".

Any suggestions how to install the newer app?

Thanks
Dear jtallaj,

Please try to download the FiiO Music app from our forum instead:
FiiO Music App-Download link
Then copy it to the M11 Plus LTD and install in manually.
Does the issue still remain?
We will fixed the problem in next update.
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 30, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #205 of 211
Dear jtallaj,

Please try to download the FiiO Music app from our forum instead:
FiiO Music App-Download link
Then copy it to the M11 Plus LTD and install in manually.
Does the issue still remain?
We will fixed the problem in next update.
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards
Thank you!! It did work.

Feb 13, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #210 of 211
My M11 Ltd won't turn on. I did the shutdown earlier this week and today it won't boot up. I have plugged the charger in but this hasn't done anything. Anyone else experience this?
Dear friend,

Sorry to hear about that.
Please try the following methods first:
a. Hold the power button for about 10 seconds when it is charging
b.Try other power adapters and charging cables.
c.The battery of your device may be overused, so it needs to be refreshed through low-current power. It is suggested to charge it through the computer for more than 2 hours, and then unplug the charging cable to see whether it can be turned on.
d. If the problem still exists, please try to leave the device aside for 2 to 3 days, and then charge it again. Because sometimes its system may be stuck, it would return to normal when the device runs out of power.
If the issue remains, please contact support@fiio.com with the receipt attached.
Thanks in advance!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back