FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Aug 25, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #6,077 of 6,207
Aug 28, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #6,079 of 6,207
Spotify sound is suddenly completely distorted and extremely noisy but Fiio music player output is perfectly fine. This just happened today after 2 years+ of normal use.
I uninstalled spotify, deleted cache/data etc but made no difference. I tried line out and HP outputs and streaming and offline songs but still that same racket that sounds like massive interference of some kind.
Any idea on what may be causing spotify to play a noisy mess and fiio music player to sound normal ?

Aug 28, 2020 at 1:08 AM Post #6,080 of 6,207
Spotify sound is suddenly completely distorted and extremely noisy but Fiio music player output is perfectly fine. This just happened today after 2 years+ of normal use.
I uninstalled spotify, deleted cache/data etc but made no difference. I tried line out and HP outputs and streaming and offline songs but still that same racket that sounds like massive interference of some kind.
Any idea on what may be causing spotify to play a noisy mess and fiio music player to sound normal ?
This sounds like a Spotify issue. I'd recommend contacting Spotify customer support.

Aug 28, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #6,081 of 6,207
This sounds like a Spotify issue. I'd recommend contacting Spotify customer support.
im not sure it is as spotify plays ok on my fiio x7 and its worked well on my x7 mkii for a long time. Spotify or the dap hasnt been updated either. I may try a reinstall of firmware

Aug 30, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #6,083 of 6,207

You can revert back to older version of Spotify to solve this problem. Me also had this problem after updating to latest version. Maybe newer version of Spotify cause an audio issue with X7ii.
I'm using ver 8.5.64.1046 for now

Sep 1, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #6,084 of 6,207
Hi, I have the same thing here. Spotify has always worked fine and then suddenly it is completely distorted. Fiio music app sounds fine though. Youtube sounds fine too. It is just spotify. I have tried everything....uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify multiple times, clear caches, adjusted every setting i can find, factory reset the whole unit....nothing works. It's driving me insane!
sen2htj....how did you roll back your version of Spotify? This is the only thing i can think to try now.

Sep 1, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #6,085 of 6,207
Hi, I have the same thing here. Spotify has always worked fine and then suddenly it is completely distorted. Fiio music app sounds fine though. Youtube sounds fine too. It is just spotify. I have tried everything....uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify multiple times, clear caches, adjusted every setting i can find, factory reset the whole unit....nothing works. It's driving me insane!
sen2htj....how did you roll back your version of Spotify? This is the only thing i can think to try now.

Hi SBonda,

Install APKPure first, then you can search & install the older version of Spotify apk there.

Maybe you can try newer apk version than mine (8.5.64.1046) and share your experience here
15989711047321072820723278161975.jpg

Sep 2, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #6,089 of 6,207
Hi Sen2htj, thanks for the advice. I tried it and rolled back one version of Spotify but had the same distortion. So I uninstalled and rolled back one more...same again. So I uninstalled and picked a tried a version about 6 updates ago.....and it works perfectly!
It must be something in the later updates of Spotify that's causing the issue. I may go forward until i isolate exactly what update causes the issue when i have some more time. Hopefully newer versions coming don't have the same issue.
Thanks for your help, i'm just glad to have it working again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back