FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Apr 4, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #5,596 of 6,207
I have a question about the optical digital out.

When using the X7ii in optical digital-out mode with android players like Player Pro or Gone Mad, for example (which work usually with Android limitations and potential corruptions, as opposed to UAPP or the dedicated Fiio app which bypass Android), is the optical digital-out signal "pure" or subject also to Android processing?

Also would this make the X7ii suitable as good end-point therefore for Roon?

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #5,598 of 6,207
i also have the same volume wheel issue. It seems to be hardware related, the X7 mk2 doesn't get old too well... maybe it can be fixed by cleaning it as there's probably some dirt behind it, but that's impossible to clean.
I also have the same volume wheel issues when downgrade to firmwares equals or beyond 1.0.6. Now, i upgraded to 1.0.5 and volume wheels runs correctly again. Its a software issue.

Apr 4, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #5,599 of 6,207
1.0.9 who's going first?... Sorry guys but after the last two releases I'm going to wait this one out and see how it goes.
Running fine for me.

Very disappointed to see the search update in the Fiio Music app has no merit other than displaying the results differently. There's still no way to view albums of an artist corresponding to a search input... eg type in Genesis and it shows 150 tracks of the band, one album with the name Genesis in it and so on, but no list of discrete ALBUMS of the ARTIST Genesis... doh!!

Please fix this, @FiiO

Apr 4, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #5,600 of 6,207
I have a question about the optical digital out.

When using the X7ii in optical digital-out mode with android players like Player Pro or Gone Mad, for example (which work usually with Android limitations and potential corruptions, as opposed to UAPP or the dedicated Fiio app which bypass Android), is the optical digital-out signal "pure" or subject also to Android processing?

My optical cable is in my car, but I connected the X7ii to my Oppo HA1 with a coax cable and 192/24 files are showing as "192/24" and 48/24 files are showing as "48/24" using Neutron. I dont think other Android players can do that, but I'm not sure.

Apr 4, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #5,601 of 6,207
Indeed, it's a software issue. The problem with the volume wheel started for me right after upgrading firmware.

Thank you @JaviAl for pointing out which FW version probably introduced this issue, @FiiO engineers could take a look if there was any change in that area between the two subsequent versions.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #5,602 of 6,207
If it was software - every single unit would be having the issue. No issues with the wheel on my unit. Nada.

Apr 5, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #5,603 of 6,207
If it was software - every single unit would be having the issue. No issues with the wheel on my unit. Nada.

And turning the wheel constantly for a minute or so has improved mine a lot.

Apr 5, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #5,604 of 6,207
I also have the same volume wheel issues when downgrade to firmwares equals or beyond 1.0.6. Now, i upgraded to 1.0.5 and volume wheels runs correctly again. Its a software issue.

I've just updated to v1.09 and my volume wheel issue has been cured.

The sound seems cleaner as well, especially cymbal work om heavy rock.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #5,607 of 6,207
And turning the wheel constantly for a minute or so has improved mine a lot.

I've just updated to v1.09 and my volume wheel issue has been cured.

The sound seems cleaner as well, especially cymbal work om heavy rock.

I didn't think about this, but I updated to 1.09 as well, so that could be what fixed my volume wheel.

Apr 6, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #5,608 of 6,207
The new EQ in the FiiO musci app (I have updated to latest firmware 1.09) is very good and better than the Viper EQ. I no longer need the Viper as the FiiO EQ is almost as good as I want.
Thanks FiiO for the great and much needed update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back