FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Mar 9, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #5,536 of 6,207
Hi there @FiiO , please can you help me? I uninstalled today google service (my mistake), current version of my player is 1.08. How can I fix or restore it? I tried a factory restore but it did not work. Regards.

Mar 9, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #5,537 of 6,207
try formatting the card in a pc as exfat then put the music on then try scanning. Will the card scan with another music app? Send the log to Fiio that you have now before you do anything else.

OK another update on progress,, installed hiby onto the x7ii scanned card and worked flawless... Forgot to send the log in my email to Fiio though as been very busy but I am going to keep trying to scan with FiiO music with various formats and cards so they will get the error logs but bottom line looks like FiiO app is just not scanning at all for me and constantly crashing.
IMG_20190310_011552.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #5,540 of 6,207
OK another update on progress,, installed hiby onto the x7ii scanned card and worked flawless... Forgot to send the log in my email to Fiio though as been very busy but I am going to keep trying to scan with FiiO music with various formats and cards so they will get the error logs but bottom line looks like FiiO app is just not scanning at all for me and constantly crashing.
So it is the Fiio app and not the cards or the dap. Try going back to an earlier version check everything is ok and then back to the most up-to-date one.

Mar 10, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #5,542 of 6,207
So it is the Fiio app and not the cards or the dap. Try going back to an earlier version check everything is ok and then back to the most up-to-date one.

I have a bit more time today to hopefully rectify this... Where is the best place to find the roll back instructions? and also what version is the actual original player? As even the last was glitchy and unresponsive am I correct that it is 1.06?

And lastly a question to @FiiO how likely and soon is it that another update will come that will possibly rectify this as I'm not the only one to report this problem, if likely soon then I will just live with folder play until .. I will also send error logs over the next few days

Mar 10, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #5,543 of 6,207
I have a bit more time today to hopefully rectify this... Where is the best place to find the roll back instructions? and also what version is the actual original player? As even the last was glitchy and unresponsive am I correct that it is 1.06?

And lastly a question to @FiiO how likely and soon is it that another update will come that will possibly rectify this as I'm not the only one to report this problem, if likely soon then I will just live with folder play until .. I will also send error logs over the next few days

Post #5223 look back to tis post 1.07jp was ok update instructions on Fiio web site http://www.fiio.net/en/supports/37

Mar 10, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #5,544 of 6,207

Thanks @peter1480 ..... I may wait for @FiiO response as I can live with folder play only if they are going to sort this issue in the very near future but if looking like a long wait or not at all then I will revert back.... I'm also going to format 3 different cards with all formats over the next few days just to show that as I suspect this has nothing to do with card or format but the FiiO app itself.

Mar 10, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #5,545 of 6,207
Very frustrated with FiiO this really shouldn't be happening with the cost and actual age of the x7ii any major glitches should of been resolved in the first 6 months and yes I understand this is a complete overhaul but with all the wait and glitches previously then they really should be getting this nearer to working before release.
So far we have had two updates with this app and for me and a few others it's been far worse than the previous, I do also understand that until general wide use of this then some bugs will just not show but my frustration with FiiO is the amount and frequency of issues of which I have never experienced in any modern electrical device be it phone or dap.
I'm trying to keep my patience as the x7ii ticks all boxes for me in hardware, it sounds great especially with am3b, 2 x slots a rare feature nowadays, optical out if I want to use my mojo, volume limiter, quick charge .
No other dap including the highly regarded dx200 has most of these features (apart from optical out) if someone asked me should I buy one hardware wise without a doubt firmware wise no.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #5,547 of 6,207
I had the same problem and I scanned the individual folders until one of them gave the error message. I think it had to do with a very long foldername. Have you tried this? The strange thing is, I had the same folder scanned without problems first, so maybe it's a 1.08 thing...
It's a lot of work, but maybe it can help you.

Mar 10, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #5,549 of 6,207
I had the same problem and I scanned the individual folders until one of them gave the error message. I think it had to do with a very long foldername. Have you tried this? The strange thing is, I had the same folder scanned without problems first, so maybe it's a 1.08 thing...
It's a lot of work, but maybe it can help you.

That does seem like a lot of work, and thanks for advice but I have spent days trying to put this right and I'm starting to feel this should be fiios problem and not mine hence my many more posts than usual on this thread... I think for me I will as I said reformat 3 cards and re copy music to them try and scan and send error log to Fiio, then fingers cross they respond with another upgrade very soon as this shouldn't be happening for any reason as no other dap or phone I own is showing this issue.... I can live with folder play only for a bit but if this drags into weeks months I will revert back.
But once again thanks for helpful input.

Mar 12, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #5,550 of 6,207
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back