FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Mar 5, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #5,506 of 6,207
Mar 5, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #5,508 of 6,207
@stilleh & @Peter68 - thanks for your help. Just to confirm, Apple Music works with the latest FW?

Seems like the DAP for me. Generally, does Android run pretty smoothly on it? Also, is the Bluetooth reliable?

I have recently had three Cayin N5IIS's that, while sound amazing, all failed in one way or another and have just returned the third one for a refund as it is obviously a problematic product - would you consider the X7II a good alternative to that?

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #5,509 of 6,207
@stilleh & @Peter68 - thanks for your help. Just to confirm, Apple Music works with the latest FW?

Seems like the DAP for me. Generally, does Android run pretty smoothly on it? Also, is the Bluetooth reliable?

I have recently had three Cayin N5IIS's that, while sound amazing, all failed in one way or another and have just returned the third one for a refund as it is obviously a problematic product - would you consider the X7II a good alternative to that?
X7II is definitely has smoother and responsive OS compared to N5II. But if you are looking for a better Android experience on a DAP, also consider Hiby R6 Pro.
And X7II sound noticeably better than N5II and is much more powerful with its modular AMP design.
You can also consider the upcoming M11 with the same modular AMP design.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #5,510 of 6,207
@FiiO
What about gapless on lossy formats and DSD?

Mar 6, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #5,511 of 6,207
Hey guys my X7II has just decided to not scan either memory card and gets stuck on the number 836 for some reason?? I tried resetting but can't remember how to do hard reset or clear cache if this helps at all????

Mar 6, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #5,512 of 6,207
Ok well I'm remembered how to wipe partition and reboot but seems this new update won't let me re scan both my cards and just says fiio music stopped working.... very frustrating.

Mar 6, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #5,513 of 6,207
Ok well I'm remembered how to wipe partition and reboot but seems this new update won't let me re scan both my cards and just says fiio music stopped working.... very frustrating.
turn off, take the cards out
restart, hard reeboot as you have done
turn off, put the cards back in, restart
resacn
that's worked 4 me before.

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #5,518 of 6,207
Reformat the cards and load everything up again. My X7 has ruined two 200 GB Sandisk cards.

I've had that happen once it is VERY fustrating!

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #5,519 of 6,207
He missed out the step to reset the database. Open FiiO Music. Click on the wheel icon in the top left. Scroll down to reset database. It may be sensible to remove your cards first. It may also remove your Google account and you may have to reinstall the firmware manually. See the FiiO Site for instructions.

http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=44137&extra=page=1

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #5,520 of 6,207
Reformat the cards and load everything up again. My X7 has ruined two 200 GB Sandisk cards.

Thanks i will try tomorrow as i have had enough tonight after hours of trying various different ways of getting it to scan.... ,just to let you all know i have tried 3 different cards 2 x 200 GB and a 400 GB one of which wasn't even in the X7ii i think its definitely not the cards but fiio music app just crashing .
I will try tomorrow though and let you know how it goes .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back