FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Feb 3, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #5,356 of 6,207
My complete list of bugs and issues in the new Firmware 1.0.7:
  • Incorrectly plays DSD256 sounding very distorted with lots of Really Load white noise (like a wrong tuned radio).
  • Missing support to M3U8 playlist files, CUE files, etc. Not able to find or play this files.
  • No gapless on DSD or lossy formats.
  • No volume limiter option: removed.
  • No VIPER effects: removed because the agreement of cooperation between FiiO and ViPER's Audio has expired.
  • A lot of sortings issues: lists not correctly order alphabetically.
  • Scrolling issues when using the letters on the right of the scroll-list.
  • Missing information about bitrates during play, etc.
  • Missing option to find album art.
  • Find Lyrics doesn't works very well.
  • Album Art is not through the whole screen, that was more beautiful.
This new firmware is more a downgrade than an upgrade.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #5,357 of 6,207
  • Incorrectly plays DSD256 sounding very distorted with lots of Really Load white noise (like a wrong tuned radio).
  • Missing support to M3U8 playlist files, CUE files, etc. Not able to find or play this files.
  • No VIPER effects: removed because the agreement of cooperation between FiiO and ViPER's Audio has expired.

I don’t know if I laugh or cry. Ever since X7 1st, its 1 step forward and 1 step back. For me is hard to understand how a company that is able to design and build hardware almost touching perfection, has such a lack of focus and incompetence on software. Its not hard to find a crash on device after 1 minute of operation, is this still a beta? After many failed promises, even Faith, blinded brand faith is start to weaken on me, such is I've started looking for alternatives...

And All I want is to listen music

My 2 cents

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #5,358 of 6,207
Sometimes when I try to increase a step or two, it goes back a step or two.

No, I am afraid, that is not normal. :frowning2:

That is a hardware issue.

Feb 4, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #5,359 of 6,207
I have just installed latest firmware and notice the new feature "AirPlay". I've been testing this out, and it's working quite well, streaming (casting?) from my phone to my X7ii.

My questions are... is this an apple licensed implementation? Ie with the same protocols and attributes?

What ARE the attributes? ie streaming lossless, frequency and bitrate capabilities? Nothing is appearing on the screen to indicate any such info.

Can I stream/cast from the Fiio music app? As far as I can see, I can only stream/cast via my usual apps on the phone which offer Chromecast casting.

Cheers!

Feb 4, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #5,360 of 6,207
I haven't used the Fiio player a lot lately, but since the update to 1.07 I'm really happy with the sound. Maybe it has always been like this, but since the update I like it better than Hiby which I was using before and still like a lot. I hear more separation of instruments and voices.
I haven't encoutered issues yet that bother me.

Feb 4, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #5,361 of 6,207
I have had the new update a few days now and as I don't use many features on the X7Ii I was more or less happy with the previous version, a bit laggy but that was my only gripe.
Now I can't comment on a lot of the issues other owners have encountered as I just play from card but the new update does indeed seem a bit more buggy for my use, I'm having to double tap functions on screen on more than one occasion and when scrolling through files there seems to be an annoying judder so as you are going to select it jumps place so hard to select.
I agree this is not an upgrade and does seem a bit beta and although these are only minor gripes they should be addressed really.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #5,362 of 6,207
I don’t know if I laugh or cry. Ever since X7 1st, its 1 step forward and 1 step back. For me is hard to understand how a company that is able to design and build hardware almost touching perfection, has such a lack of focus and incompetence on software. Its not hard to find a crash on device after 1 minute of operation, is this still a beta? After many failed promises, even Faith, blinded brand faith is start to weaken on me, such is I've started looking for alternatives...

And All I want is to listen music

My 2 cents
Thought of just selling off this crap

Feb 4, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #5,363 of 6,207
I was one of those who complained a lot about the Fiio buggy software, to the point that i couldn't use it for more than 5 mins without it crashing. I installed the last firmware and the last Fiio Music app yesterday and well.... i used the thing for 4 hours and no crash ! With more than 17000 flac files it's running stable and reasonably fast !
Congrats Fiio !

Feb 4, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #5,364 of 6,207
After contending with a couple of their products, it's very clear to me that they are focused on producing good hardware, but not the UI and software side, as it is very seriously lacking. This, of course, makes their stuff fatally flawed. If there never was an iPod, they may have stood a chance, but having that as a benchmark, the contrast in stability of operation and the UI simplicity/functionality is glaring. Just another example of the brilliance of Job's/Apple. I moved away from the X1 for many of the same reasons outlined here and found something far superior. I am getting that sinking feeling that I will need to do the same with this unit.

Feb 4, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #5,365 of 6,207
I was one of those who complained a lot about the Fiio buggy software, to the point that i couldn't use it for more than 5 mins without it crashing. I installed the last firmware and the last Fiio Music app yesterday and well.... i used the thing for 4 hours and no crash ! With more than 17000 flac files it's running stable and reasonably fast !
Congrats Fiio !

Me too!!!! for me this version works awesome, without previous problems like: some songs for some reason didn´t show and can't play, the system generaly runs smoothly, not more problems with the pause - resume crash.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #5,366 of 6,207

I'm glad to trade most of these missing features (viper, dsd256, etc) for STABILITY !
a whole day here without a crash, first time i'm so happy with the X7 mk2 since i got it more than a year ago.

Feb 4, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #5,367 of 6,207
Congrats Fiio !

Good.
one of the crashes that happen now is when you're playing music and try to check track info under "...” ...Booom in every single music
When it crashes the app, after restart, Recently added, recently played, most played ??? Empty lists, nothing a reboot doesn’t solve, sure.
The play/pause/next track on the mini player have a will of their own, sometimes they work, most times just maximize the player. I've been trying to figure a pattern like pausing on full player, resuming in mini, etc. didn't find something consistent
Surely for some reason that only occurs on my X7 mk2, I can't either add a playing song to a playlist, “unfortunately, FiiO music app has stopped...”

Its funny how I look at the advertising material of X7 and X7 mk2, scroll down to the beautiful VU meters and think “How exquisite!”
Regards

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #5,368 of 6,207
another bug. Idle poweroff seems to no longer work.

Feb 5, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #5,370 of 6,207
Hi,
FiiO is asking me to send my X7II to for repair. Do I need to send it with all the accessories?

I would say no - but shouldn't that be something you'd need to ask them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back