FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Nov 23, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #5,057 of 6,207
Dear friend,

We decided to release the new firmware this month. But the engineers meet some problem in the EQ now and they are trying their best to work it out soon.
We will release the new firmware if the progress goes well. If you would need the new firmware right away, we could provide the beta version for you instead.
Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

A beta version or even the change log of the new firmware is much appreciated. Thank you :)

Nov 23, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #5,058 of 6,207
Hello,

Since yesterday i'm having problem with Spotify. It says i'm in offline mode, but it won't let me access the control panel to put it bavk on online mode...
Only workaround i found is the uninstsll and install back thr software.
Any other suggestions?

I just received and tried FIOO RC-MMCXB cable for the last hour, and to my surprise, i do think there is noticable difference in sound clarity(i do hear more things and more clearly, and for all frequency), and a little more left and right separation. I don't know to wich extend my desire to validate my purchase is making me hear that, and since it was hard to unplug the cable from ty Shure 846, i will not take the chance to break anything and do another test soon with the Shure cable. I have to say that the FIIO cable feel on the cheap side also, i don't know if it will last long since i don't realy take much care of them. But the experience is good, so if it breaks, i'll go with a more expensive boutique cable.

Nov 27, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #5,059 of 6,207
I owned the original x7 years ago, and the experience was depressing, especially for the countless software problems. I ask you if today, with Mark II, the situation has improved significantly. Do you think the X7 II is a mature device today ?

Nov 27, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #5,060 of 6,207
I owned the original x7 years ago, and the experience was depressing, especially for the countless software problems. I ask you if today, with Mark II, the situation has improved significantly. Do you think the X7 II is a mature device today ?

I'm leaning towards saying yes, X7mkii is a mature device and doesn't have the software issues most people experienced with the original X7.

Some users still had some issues, but I couldn't manage to run into a serious bug. I had the music app restart a few times, but after a while I discovered that my microSD card had an issue, and sent it back. After the card came back, I didn't run into any more issues at all, and it has been over 6 months now.

It won't keep multiple apps in RAM, and you may need to re-open them if you swtich out of an app, which I found some people really disliked, but then again, I either used FiiO Music app, or a streaming service, I never jumped between them, so the fact they reloaded when selected didn't really affect my experience.

Other than that, as I said, I didn't run into issues. I have my entire collection tagged by me, hand tagged, Romanian, Russian, English and Japanese characters, no cover art embedded, only .jpg files in folders.

Nov 27, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #5,061 of 6,207

I’ve owned the mk II for about a year and haven’t run into many software issues. The only complaints I have are around the long startup time, USB out incompatibility with Chord Mojo and the lack of frequent firmware updates.

Nov 28, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #5,062 of 6,207
Searched but found nothing. Can the X7mk2 read multiple genre's that I load into file tags using mediamonkey? (FLAC files)

Was hoping to use genre tags as a way of creating play compilations. Playlists sound way to complicated for this old guy.

Nov 28, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #5,063 of 6,207
Searched but found nothing. Can the X7mk2 read multiple genre's that I load into file tags using mediamonkey? (FLAC files)

Was hoping to use genre tags as a way of creating play compilations. Playlists sound way to complicated for this old guy.

I made playlists by physically copying multiple files in a new folder, took less time than combining metadata :)

Nov 28, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #5,064 of 6,207
I made playlists by physically copying multiple files in a new folder, took less time than combining metadata :)

Thanks for the quick reply. Thats what I figured I would have to do. Was just trying to conserve space. Easy enough with MM to do.

Dec 10, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #5,067 of 6,207
Hi.

I have upgraded my Fiio X7 mark 2 from firmware 1.0.4 to 1.0.6.
To me it is seems like sound signature of the player changed. It is brighter now.

And I totally dislike this change of signature. I like more dark/warm sound.

So, maybe someone experienced something similar?
Could someone confirm or deny similar change of signature after firmware upgrade?
It is very strange to see change of signature after software change. It should not happen, as I picked this player in shop after auditioning and picking specific sound signature among others.
And now it is different from signature that I purchased...

Dec 10, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #5,068 of 6,207
I've been a happy owner of X7ii for five days. I was using a Sony Wm1a before. I still have an Lg V30 smartphone.

X7ii made a great sound with my iems (ibasso it03 and imr r1). According to my ears, the bass on the X7ii is a little tight. However, X7ii has more subbass than Wm1a. Other differences are not day and night.

Dec 10, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #5,069 of 6,207
Hi.

I have upgraded my Fiio X7 mark 2 from firmware 1.0.4 to 1.0.6.
To me it is seems like sound signature of the player changed. It is brighter now.

And I totally dislike this change of signature. I like more dark/warm sound.

So, maybe someone experienced something similar?
Could someone confirm or deny similar change of signature after firmware upgrade?
It is very strange to see change of signature after software change. It should not happen, as I picked this player in shop after auditioning and picking specific sound signature among others.
And now it is different from signature that I purchased...

Just download the fiio firmware upgrade tool with firmware 1.0.0. Use it to downgrade to 1.0.0 and after that install the firmware 1.0.4.

Dec 10, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #5,070 of 6,207
Just download the fiio firmware upgrade tool with firmware 1.0.0. Use it to downgrade to 1.0.0 and after that install the firmware 1.0.4.
Thanks for the advice. If Fiio will not fix this issue in new firmware that will be in this December (1.0.7) - I will do this.
I want to have latest firmware (with a lots of fixed bugs during 1.5 years) and sound signature that I bought from store.
I thinks that it is not right from Fiio to change sound signature (if they did it) in firmwares. As I like the initial sound and used to it already.

X7ii made a great sound with my iems (ibasso it03 and imr r1). According to my ears, the bass on the X7ii is a little tight. However, X7ii has more subbass than Wm1a. Other differences are not day and night.
By the way - I'm using LCD2c and Fiio A5 amp. with this player. And I very-very like bass that this system is making. On 1.0.4 system sounds great! But have software bugs/crashes. I bought all items to have a great bass/subbass! So that is why I'm worrying so much about sound signature. With new firmware there is less bass that I expect...
By the way @PaxVobris what firmawre version do you have with your player? Is it 1.0.4? If you will be upgrading to newer 1.0.6 - could you confirm about signature change?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back