FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Nov 15, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #5,041 of 6,207
If your main player is Spotify, none of these DAPs are close to mobile performance. Hiby R6 may be the fastest of the DAPs but that high impedance is always an issue.
The best way is to visit a nearby store and demo a few DAPs to see if you feel the sound quality is worth investing in DAPs.
How about the R6 Pro?

Nov 20, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #5,044 of 6,207
How about the R6 Pro?

Seems they don't have Joe Bloggs anymore, so I am not sure about their customer service now.... :)

Question about the DAC performance of this. Does the output of balanced and normal sound the same as FiiO Q5? Since they both use AM3A. Will this be as good as Q5?

It sounds really close to X7mkii when both have the same AMP module. So close that the untrained ear won't tell them apart right away :)

Nov 21, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #5,047 of 6,207
Nov 21, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #5,048 of 6,207
Nov 21, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #5,049 of 6,207
I'm also disappointed with all the ever delayed promises from @FiiO . I've always supported FiiO, been brand loyal since my 1st X7 Mk1, lots of accessories, etc. still love my X7 mk2, it sounds amazingly good with the native music app but I'm very annoyed with the time is taking to solve some simple basic bugs like the fact that it can't efficiently play, pause and resume music... I don’t ask for more xpto features, only that it can properly pause for more than 30 seconds and then resume where it was ... simple no?

And please don’t ask if its on 1st card or 2nd card, if it was Rock or Blues... maybe it happens only when Jupiter and Mars are aligned? @FiiO, this is your flagship DAP, stop inventing new things for 4 weeks and fix what you've already done and sold to your faithful customers

Nov 21, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #5,050 of 6,207
Hello,
for Christmas, i'd like to see if the balanced out of my FIIO X7 can realy give a different, upfully noticely better sound than the standard out for my Shure 846.
Honestly, i doubt about it, but i'm curious and ready to pay!
Any suggestion?

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #5,051 of 6,207
@FiiO please what happen with this? october was the same thing and we have not received any update may be april or may and the system has many bugs and problems to solve. Thanks
Dear friend,

We decided to release the new firmware this month. But the engineers meet some problem in the EQ now and they are trying their best to work it out soon.
We will release the new firmware if the progress goes well. If you would need the new firmware right away, we could provide the beta version for you instead.
Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 21, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #5,052 of 6,207
Dear friend,

No, the X7MKII can not work as a DAC for mobile phone via Bluetooth or Wifi.
The USB DAC function of the X7MKII is designed for computer originally. So we could not promise whether it could be used as the DAC for Android smartphone you mentioned.
If you would prefer a player which can work as a receiver and transmitter, you may consider the M9 instead: https://www.fiio.com/m9

Best regards
Hi @FiiO . Why not open a Beta tester program with some of the people that are facing the major issues and some experienced software people around this forum?

I'm pretty sure a lot of our members would love to be part of that and help. That would make your life easier when releasing the new Firmware as it would have less problems.

Nov 21, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #5,053 of 6,207
The problem with fiio and all the other dap makers is that they can make excellent hardware, but almost all have terrible software. The weak link in the fiio daps, Hiby daps, shanling daps, and to a lesser extent in some others, is the OS. What makes it worse for fiio is that it’s android and they can’t get it right. This thing should be operating as smooth as my LG V20. The X7 takes forever just to turn on. When I press the button to turn it on it’s like I have to have faith that it will turn on. Where’s the haptic feedback like my Xperia phone. These daps sound great but the user experience sucks. Until these companies fix that, they’ll always be seen as amateurs. This thing is not worth almost $700. By the time they iron out all the kinks, the battery will be old, the OS and features outdated.

Nov 22, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #5,055 of 6,207
Dear friend,

We decided to release the new firmware this month. But the engineers meet some problem in the EQ now and they are trying their best to work it out soon.
We will release the new firmware if the progress goes well. If you would need the new firmware right away, we could provide the beta version for you instead.
Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards
can you share with us the change log for the new FW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back