FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Sep 26, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #4,921 of 6,207
Is it a good idea to keep X7ii as long-term investment currently? Will it be updated to Android 6.0 at some point? There is always risks that 5.1 will stop supporting some 3rd party players, for example.

Sep 26, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #4,922 of 6,207
After using the dap for few days I realize there seems to be an issue with the bluetooth. I tried connecting it to Sony wh-1000xm2 the connection will drop drastically sometimes. Not sure is it the Bluetooth on the dap having issue. I tried the headset with my iPhone no issue. Any one can help ?

Sep 28, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #4,923 of 6,207
After using the dap for few days I realize there seems to be an issue with the bluetooth. I tried connecting it to Sony wh-1000xm2 the connection will drop drastically sometimes. Not sure is it the Bluetooth on the dap having issue. I tried the headset with my iPhone no issue. Any one can help ?

The bluetooth range on the X7 mk2 is not very good. I can move around the house with my bluetooth headphones (Nuraphone, Audio Technica ath-dsr9bt) when paired on the iPhone XS or Sony WM1A but with the X7 mk2 i have to stay close to the DAP (1m/2m max)

Sep 28, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #4,924 of 6,207
I've just bought the M7 due to the fact my X7ii isn't going to see Ldac or aptx hd, bit of a pain but the M7 surprisingly has both at a 1/4 of the price not to mention the Bluetooth connectivity is far superior and around 10m before it breaks up. Fiio need to up their game on the next flagship dap otherwise I will jump ship and I've been onboard since the X3.

Sep 28, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #4,925 of 6,207
I've just bought the M7 due to the fact my X7ii isn't going to see Ldac or aptx hd, bit of a pain but the M7 surprisingly has both at a 1/4 of the price not to mention the Bluetooth connectivity is far superior and around 10m before it breaks up. Fiio need to up their game on the next flagship dap otherwise I will jump ship and I've been onboard since the X3.
To be fair, the only thing that makes me still keep X7mk2 is it's amazing sound with line out.
There's a lot of issues with this device like wireless signal is weak, the OS is old and not sure if upgradable or any support for it in the future.

Sep 28, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #4,926 of 6,207
Is it a good idea to keep X7ii as long-term investment currently? Will it be updated to Android 6.0 at some point? There is always risks that 5.1 will stop supporting some 3rd party players, for example.
Dear friend,

Sorry that the RK3188 SoC itself can't go beyond Android 5.1 currently. So we could not update the system to Android 6.0.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 28, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #4,927 of 6,207
That‘s too bad as iBasso just announced they will update DX200 to Android 8.0...

Sep 28, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #4,928 of 6,207
That‘s too bad as iBasso just announced they will update DX200 to Android 8.0...
Not only Dx200 but subsequently the DX150 as well.

Oct 1, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #4,930 of 6,207
Just updated to 1.0.7 JP and it is quite snappier than 1.0.6. Thanks.

So Fiio releases an update for a specific region, and it makes the unit operate better.

But they fail to release updates elsewhere for other customers so they can have an improved operating experience with their high-end DAP.

The existing customers have to find their own work around.

Meanwhile, they continue to release new products to expand their market.

They are risking their reputation and long-term sustainability with a business model that alienates existing customers by not properly supporting them and the product they purchased.

Growth and getting new customers is great from a revenue standpoint.

But trying to get back a customer who abandons you because they feel neglected and not supported is a much bigger hurdle.

The internet community is a wonderful way to reach a market space, but that same access can burn you. People search out purchases via this medium.

Posts of buggy operating systems, poor support and neglect do not go away. They are risking a lot by what I see trending here and with other products of theirs.

I gave up on their X1 mk2 for this very reason. It's slow, and buggy.

I am starting to have my doubts on this unit ever being a stable, smooth operating platform. It sounds wonderful. But I am tired of it randomly stopping and locking up.

JMHA

Oct 2, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #4,934 of 6,207
Hello fellow posters. I am new here, but a longtime lurker. I am writing to express my disappointment in the latest firmware that I have tried to update to on my X7 Mk II and am having no luck. I have tried to do it through the link's instructions but to no avail. I turned in my unit to FIIO just before the 1.06 firmware came out, because it totally died on me, and they upgraded it to 1.06 at the service center, as it had come out like two days before they had shipped it back to me. It was sounding really good, but like others have said, it kept locking up on me, until one day it just wouldn't respond to anything at all. Now I don't have the lockup issue as much, but am a little disappointed in what I'm hearing about other posters having similar, albeit less severe than my problem. Is there any chance of an OTA update to a final release of firmware 1.07? I just got tired of trying through the method described in the link using the tools provided. I really love the sound of this unit, but the firmware being kept from some users isn't making much sense seeing as this is their "flagship".

I was having huge problems trying to get this unit to act as a DAC on my windows 10x64 retail computer, while the X5 II I have responds like a champ to be used as a DAC on that system. It seems that the FiiO_USB_DAC_Driver-V4.13.0 fixed that for the most part. It's still a little bit buggy, but it works if I am patient with it. The X7 Mk II sounds a lot better than the X5 II, so I feel like I am missing out on not having a plug and play experience like I do with the X5 II with the X7 Mk II.

I want to thank FIIO for being a part of the forum as a regular poster(s). It's good to know that concerns are being addressed immediately. I am also looking to use the pure music mode with more apps than just the one provided in the unit. Thanks all for the input you are providing here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back