1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by superuser1, Jul 6, 2017.
First

Back
318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327
329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338
Next

Last
  1. snip3r77
  2. snip3r77
    Is the upgrade straight forward? Does it affect existing settings and pass?

3. Bluess
    You have to update it with the desktop tool, it will perform a factory reset and clean everything in the storage.

4. snip3r77
    Last question, does it impedes future firmware upgrade?
    BTW, is it snappier after you gotten more memory?

5. Bluess
    First question, I don't know. Probably you can update via OTA when there's another JP fw version or you can simply upgrade with the desktop tool so no problem there. Just have to backup the music and re-copy them.
    Second question, I do feel that everything is snappier and the problem of low storage is now gone.

6. truenobzr
    Just joined X7 mk2 family, it is really great.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  7. Dobrescu George
    Glad to hear you're having fun! It still is one of my love DAPs, it simply works, and with AMP5 it also drives everything I need it to :)

8. snip3r77
    Just did it.

Basically install the tool, run the exe ( admin mode ), shutdown while pressing the prev track button, press UPGRADE and most importantly BE PATIENT.

Go take a pee and it'd be completed in no time.

Yeah, the DAP is very snappy now :) Thanks

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  9. Ryouta Sasaki
    I think x7mk2 is the best middle DAP!

10. Dobrescu George
    For some this one may even be an amazing high-end DAP, not just a mid-end :)

11. lantian
    If Fiio released a amp module with far more superior sound/specs, this would be my end game dap(all the firmware bugs notwithstanding). Using it through line out sound is stunning.

12. ledzep
    They have the AM3B it's superb

13. Dobrescu George
    AMP5 is quite amazing so far :)

If they could fit in a small tube in one of the AMP modules, that would be crazy nice

14. lantian
    Nutube could be a candidate, though have not checked it's physical dimensions, could be it is far to large.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  15. truenobzr
    After using it for a week, I discovered some minor problems...

1. Chromecast is not working sometimes. No matter tidal and kkbox, the app would hang or even if not, playback will loop back to the beginning after 5 second once every songs. I don’t have such problems in other android devices.

2. Unknown power consumption even if I switched to pure Fiio player mode. Around 7% dropped every 5 hours which is not acceptable.

3. Just like other said, internal storage is too less which I think need to allocate more for apps and cache in future firmware update just like jp version. I installed just a few apps only!!! It is hard to update app via Google Play with insufficient space!

First

Back
318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327
329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338
Next

Last