FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jun 1, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #4,561 of 6,207
sorry to ask such a noob question but this usb audio output.. didnt fiio x7 mark 2 already had it as usb dac? i did play computer output through fiio x7 in usb dac mode ? is this any different ? please guide a little confused on this one

Hi, I think its the reverse, X7 mk2 is now capable of output a digital audio stream via USB, so now you can use it as transport and connect it to an external DAC (and not the same as accessing audio tracks as a storage device)

Jun 1, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #4,563 of 6,207
Hi Paul,

Does X7 II + AMP5 sound as warm as X5 3?

Hi, No way! X7 ii + AM5 sounds fantastic - I really recommend this amp, I wouldn't call it "warm" but rather "bodied", keeps all the dynamics and vividness X7 is capable of. Its detailed without beeing harsh or tiring.
I did A/B X5 3rd with X7 1st, in comparison X5 seemed veiled and lifeless - with X7 ii there is no comparison in what concerns sound quality ... IMHO... IMHO...did I say IM ... ?

Jun 1, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #4,565 of 6,207
Hi, No way! X7 ii + AM5 sounds fantastic - I really recommend this amp, I wouldn't call it "warm" but rather "bodied", keeps all the dynamics and vividness X7 is capable of. Its detailed without beeing harsh or tiring.
I did A/B X5 3rd with X7 1st, in comparison X5 seemed veiled and lifeless - with X7 ii there is no comparison in what concerns sound quality ... IMHO... IMHO...did I say IM ... ?

Thanks, sometimes I really don't like the warmness of my X5 3. I have been waiting to try X7 II demo unit from FiiO India but it's been unavailable.

Jun 1, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #4,566 of 6,207
Thanks, sometimes I really don't like the warmness of my X5 3. I have been waiting to try X7 II demo unit from FiiO India but it's been unavailable.

Agreed with @Paulo Abreu , X7mkii is much more neutral, much closer to natural than X5-3, which is quite thick and warm, and also a little too smooth for my ears (I like a more energetic presentation).

Jun 1, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #4,567 of 6,207
Agreed with @Paulo Abreu , X7mkii is much more neutral, much closer to natural than X5-3, which is quite thick and warm, and also a little too smooth for my ears (I like a more energetic presentation).

Great, then it should be a definite step up from my FiiO X5 1st Gen!
I’m seriously thinking about upgrading my X5 1st Gen.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #4,568 of 6,207
Great, then it should be a definite step up from my FiiO X5 1st Gen!
I’m seriously thinking about upgrading my X5 1st Gen.

Oh yes, it most certainly is, you'll also see how much a touchscreen can ease the operation, I think that FiiO is on the right track to greatness :)

Just today I was testing their M7, a smol and cute little DAP that has more power than I'd have imagined from its size and shape :)

I loved my first FiiO X5 and FiiO X5ii, but X7mkii is an improvement in every possible way.

Jun 2, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #4,569 of 6,207
Thanks George,
I know you like brighter sound but, X5 3 treble response leaves me disappointed in a few songs I listen very frequently.
That's I am desperately looking for a new DAP.

Jun 2, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #4,570 of 6,207
Oh yes, it most certainly is, you'll also see how much a touchscreen can ease the operation, I think that FiiO is on the right track to greatness :)

Just today I was testing their M7, a smol and cute little DAP that has more power than I'd have imagined from its size and shape :)

I loved my first FiiO X5 and FiiO X5ii, but X7mkii is an improvement in every possible way.

Totally agree.i have owned, x3, x5ii ,x7 previously and x7ii is without a doubt there best effort, its much better in every way than x7 in my opinion

Jun 2, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #4,571 of 6,207

Thanks, George.
Mostly I am looking for an audio upgrade from my FiiO X5 1st Gen, but a good touchscreen is also very nice.

Jun 2, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #4,572 of 6,207
Totally agree.i have owned, x3, x5ii ,x7 previously and x7ii is without a doubt there best effort, its much better in every way than x7 in my opinion

Wow, after reading all this stuff, I’m glad I waited for the X7 mk II.
Too bad my FiiO X5 1st Gen is worth almost nothing!

Jun 2, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #4,573 of 6,207
Wow, after reading all this stuff, I’m glad I waited for the X7 mk II.
Too bad my FiiO X5 1st Gen is worth almost nothing!

I'm pretty pleased with mine. i wasn't a big fan of the x7 not that it was a bad dap but just lacked a bit in certain areas for me and if I'm being honest i was a bit sceptical of buying the x7ii. I'm glad I did though its definitely a much better dap in every way .

Jun 2, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #4,574 of 6,207
Hi Fiio,

Still waiting for what I’m sure is an easy fix. When viewing playlists from the Fiio app. And then opening one, when you hit back (to go back the main playlist view), you go right back to the first playlist. When you have many like me that means you are always having to scroll quite far again to get back to where you were. Just need back to take you back to the playlist you just selected in the main view. Not all the way back to the top. It’s actually really annoying!

Jun 3, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #4,575 of 6,207
Hi Fiio,

Still waiting for what I’m sure is an easy fix. When viewing playlists from the Fiio app. And then opening one, when you hit back (to go back the main playlist view), you go right back to the first playlist. When you have many like me that means you are always having to scroll quite far again to get back to where you were. Just need back to take you back to the playlist you just selected in the main view. Not all the way back to the top. It’s actually really annoying!

Got it , we will get back to you whether and when we will supports it . but currently we are focus on a very big update for our FiiO MUSIC app , and in the future, the FiiO music APP will become the same in all our android DAPs . it means when we update the app, all the DAPs will be updated at the same time.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back