FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
May 26, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #4,519 of 6,207
Now that the mark 2 has been out for about year what is a good price range to look to find these used?
I stream a lot of tidal using my Cascades but want to buy some even higher res/dsd albums and put them on a dap without having to stack

May 28, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #4,520 of 6,207
@FiiO

Could you please add an option into your music app to queue songs on the go?

Such as this in the tidal app

“Play next” & “add to queue”

Dear friend,

We will consider and try to add this in later firmware update.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 28, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #4,521 of 6,207
@FiiO @Judge584 @Heroes Killer Same problem here (riging sound on 192Khz/24bits). I use windows 7 and I have everything updated (both windows and X7 II firmware and driver for USB DAC).

May 28, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #4,522 of 6,207
I just got a X7 MKii and wondering if there's any way to get the default audio player to sort by track number. As far as I can tell, it only sorts by name of the track. I can use the Onkyo player, but that one seems to have an issue where it won't let me unpause playback from the remote on my headphones. The Fiio app doesn't have this problem.

May 28, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #4,523 of 6,207
I just got a X7 MKii and wondering if there's any way to get the default audio player to sort by track number. As far as I can tell, it only sorts by name of the track. I can use the Onkyo player, but that one seems to have an issue where it won't let me unpause playback from the remote on my headphones. The Fiio app doesn't have this problem.

If you have track numbers tagged, then the player should sort by track number. However, ensure they are not tagged as follows: 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5. Then the player will to be able to read the order and will instead sort by name (alpha). Must be tagged as 1,2,3, etc.

May 28, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #4,524 of 6,207
If you have track numbers tagged, then the player should sort by track number. However, ensure they are not tagged as follows: 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5. Then the player will to be able to read the order and will instead sort by name (alpha). Must be tagged as 1,2,3, etc.

That explains it then. The tracks are tagged in the #/# format. I'm not going to bother re-tagging all the tracks, so I guess I'll just use the Onkyo player then. Would be nice if they supported those tags in a future update.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT:

Actually, no. The tracks aren't tagged with the slash in the track number. I was confusing it with disc number. So that doesn't explain why my tracks aren't show in their proper order.

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #4,525 of 6,207
Anyone else have issues when updating apps/downloading apps from Google Play? My problem is that I keep getting warnings about the player running out of memory. I only have Spotify and Deezer installed and all offline content is saved on SD-card.

It´s the same issue we had on the X7 mark I...

May 29, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #4,526 of 6,207
Now that the mark 2 has been out for about year what is a good price range to look to find these used?
I stream a lot of tidal using my Cascades but want to buy some even higher res/dsd albums and put them on a dap without having to stack
I bought mine at the debut of the month at 445€ on a French forum Tellement Nomade.
Another was sold this month too at 410 euros.

May 29, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #4,528 of 6,207
That explains it then. The tracks are tagged in the #/# format. I'm not going to bother re-tagging all the tracks, so I guess I'll just use the Onkyo player then. Would be nice if they supported those tags in a future update.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT:

Actually, no. The tracks aren't tagged with the slash in the track number. I was confusing it with disc number. So that doesn't explain why my tracks aren't show in their proper order.

Check if you have latest FW. There was an issue with album track order but it was solved.

IMHO, one of the things that is still not good (@FiiO ?) with playing order is when opening an artist that i.e. has 3 albums and at the artist level I use the play icon to play all his tracks, everything is mixed and sorted a-z from all 3 albums ... its a mess and doesn't make sense.
If I use play at artist level it should play 1st album track 1,2,3,... , 2nd album track 1,2,3,... and so on. ... IMHO

My 2 cents

May 29, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #4,529 of 6,207
Check if you have latest FW. There was an issue with album track order but it was solved.

Got it working!

I needed to download the latest firmware and app APK from the Fiio website. For some reason, it wasn't pulling down the most recent through the online update on the player.

I have run in to another issue though. I have a few albums from HDTracks.com that don't play properly through the Fiio app. They sound all jittery. They play fine through the Onkyo app. The albums in question are Riot Act by Pearl Jam and the new HD remastered Star Wars soundtracks. I'm pretty sure these used to play fine prior to the upgrade.

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #4,530 of 6,207
Got it working!

I needed to download the latest firmware and app APK from the Fiio website. For some reason, it wasn't pulling down the most recent through the online update on the player.

I have run in to another issue though. I have a few albums from HDTracks.com that don't play properly through the Fiio app. They sound all jittery. They play fine through the Onkyo app. The albums in question are Riot Act by Pearl Jam and the new HD remastered Star Wars soundtracks. I'm pretty sure these used to play fine prior to the upgrade.

Strange. If you have them on a card try moving to internal memory just do discard a card issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back