FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Apr 28, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #4,351 of 6,207
I remember the akg 3003 and then dunu came along with with dn2000j at a fraction of the price (not that I tried the 3003) which were compared a lot on paper.

Maybe I will try the f9 pro at some point.

Apr 28, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #4,352 of 6,207
Apr 28, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #4,353 of 6,207
Any desktop amp recommendations? I have a Fiio K5 coming to play with but am not sure it will do justice to my LCD-X or Aeon Flow. The AM3A sounds good on both headphones as well, but I can't help but wonder if I can take things to the next level without leaving my dap behind.

Apr 28, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #4,354 of 6,207
Apr 29, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #4,356 of 6,207
Any desktop amp recommendations? I have a Fiio K5 coming to play with but am not sure it will do justice to my LCD-X or Aeon Flow. The AM3A sounds good on both headphones as well, but I can't help but wonder if I can take things to the next level without leaving my dap behind.

How about the iFi Audio Micro iDSD Black?

Apr 29, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #4,357 of 6,207
It depends, it was nowhere near enough for my sennheiser hd 540, it needs a lot more power than what k5 can offer, for 150 ohm headphones and lower it does seem to have enough power. But not even close for 300 ohm ones. would never recommend it as amp. It is way worse at being an amp than any of fiios amp modules(they are better in every possible way except power) only thing going for it is a bit more power, but it only is a bit more and would not even close for 300ohm cans.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #4,362 of 6,207
I can look at both players right now, will let you know
edit same size
edit to late

Apr 29, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #4,365 of 6,207

I tried the Jot dac/amp combo and could get things to work on the USB with the Fiio. I tried getting help with it, but no one stepped forward. I ended up selling it a bit ago :frowning2:.
I do not own the Jot, though I have been enjoying a Bifrost/Asgard stack for several years now.

I just got a FiiO L21 (http://fiio.net/en/products/50) earlier this week, and I must say I am very impressed with what I am hearing! The L21 is a coax cable, jack terminated at the input end (to be plugged in the LO plug of the FiiO X7ii) and RCA terminated at the output end (to be plugged in the DAC's coax in).

However, by using such a connection, you are bypassing the X7's DAC; should you only need an amp, the Asgard does wonder, though I read excellent critics about the Magni as well as, obviously, the Jot - but then only used as an amp through the SE in as Jot's DAC card only exists in USB in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back